What was your beginner's work-out and diet?

What was your beginner's work-out and diet?
The information is spread everywhere I'm not sure what's best to do so I may as well just throw myself and adapt in time.

I'm looking to start myself but I just keep procrastinating because of how I should eat and the time I have.
I say fuck it, I'll go now just eat healty and oats and mass protein(chicken or powder)+aspergus/broccoli with brown rice.

I need to know what work out I should go with, I've been thinking about 5x5 but so many people say it's a meme.

I CANNOT DO REGULAR SQUATS BECAUSE I HAVE BACK PROBLEMS.

Other urls found in this thread:

mytdee.com/
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Breakfast: cauliflower bacon onion hash, 2 eggs. mix 25g protein 5g creatine in with my pre. workout. come home, smoothie (36g protein, 5g creatine, 3/4c plain lowfat yogurt, two bananas, a couple handfuls berries)

lunch: make something low-fat, low-sodium, high in protein. I eat chili usually because it's good bachelor food and reasonably healthy.

dinner: raw vegetables. a fuck ton of raw vegetables. I eat spinach, cauliflower, red cabbage, red & green pepper, carrots, squeeze lemon juice on top.

I forgot to mention.
I'm skinny as fuck, and I'm looking to gain muscle mass.

Should I do creatine when I didn't even made a month start yet?

>What was your beginner's work-out and diet?
stronglifts, I just ate food

>I'm skinny as fuck, and I'm looking to gain muscle mass.
holy shit just eat

But I can just eat every shit that I come across.

Everyone says I should calculate how much fat, protein and tdee I'm eating.

creatine won't do much good if you're not putting in a lot of effort in the gym. If you work out all the time and you're constantly sore/stiff, creatine will do good things for you. otherwise it's just expensive powder.

i did SS and ate a caloric surplus

i got a lot stronger (bench, OHP not so much) and a little bigger all around

Sorry I also meant to ask your routine program.

Workout

> Starting Strength (don't start adding a bunch of your own shit into the mix, follow it to the "T" for the first year or so).

Diet

> mytdee.com/

Calculate your needed calories here. Figure out your Macros.

Protein = 1g/pound (lbm)
Fats = .5g/pound (lbm)
Carbs = Daily allotted calorie amount - (protein + fats) = Carbs needed

1g of Protein = 4 calories
1g of Carbs = 4 calories
1g of Fats = 9 calories

Eat "clean" foods = Eating non-calorie dense foods. Foods that are low in calories and high in nutrients you need to fulfill your daily allotted amount of macro-nutrients.

liamrosen.com/fitness.html

Staples within my diet

- Fish (Tilapia/Salmon)
- Chicken Breast
- Turkey
- Brown Rice
- Kale
- Eggs

Those are staples within my every day diet just about.

I can do stronglift

But it's all about squats.

So is there a way I can substitute squats?

Are you opposed to trying SS? Any changes you make will ultimately be up to you. Just keep in mind, if you change something about the program, it's not really the program and more "your own" program after that.

Ok.
I'll risk myself to squat and see how I do the first months.

The only problem I have with SS/5x5 is that I've never seen people get muscular with it.
Just stronger or fatter(3000kcal a day lmao)

You aren't supposed to get muscular with it. It's supposed to help you build a basic format of muscle (it's for beginners). If you're fat, it'll help you lose weight. If you're skinny, it'll help you gain weight. Keep in mind though, you'll gain or lose weight by calorie consumption alone. Figure out your daily allotted amount, then either add or subtract by 20% to gain or lose weight.

I'd suggest for you to give it a try. It's ultimately up to you though because you're the one going to have to do it every day. I haven't heard much about stronglift personally.

Don't listen to these guys, SL and SS are awful routines if you're looking to add mass more than strength

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

try this

5x5 is just a SS rip off basically.

I'm skinny and I'm looking to get a bit massive but I want to be MUSCULAR not fat.
I get that I have to get a bit of fat but thats about it

My question is what exactly is the point in doing this over the regular BB workout

Ss & gomad.
8 months in and loving it.

Post results

Whats wrong faggot.
Show us your results.

This is a "regular BB workout". This is a little more efficient because it encourages compound lifting (like bench pressing, squatting, etc.), not just single motion lifts (like curling, etc.) The idea behind this is that it you can work out more muscles and exert less energy while do so since it's compound lifts.

This is basically to give you a good "muscle base". You can't just hop right into the deep end, start all these crazy lifts, and expect to get swole within a couple months. There typically needs to be a solid foundation before you can build upon it, just like a house.

Alright.
This is convincing.

But I'm unsure about the 3000kcal a day.
Can anyone who legit ate that much confirm it works?

Fron what I've read everywhere, it is a good recipe for getting fat.
I mean my TDEE is 2000kcal a day, if I don't eat more than this I won't be able to progress at lifting?

Well, you'll need to use this website right here.

mytdee.com/

Enter in your stats and under "Goal", pick "Gain Weight", under that, pick "Recommended". That will add the 20% of additional calories you'll need to slowly gain weight (you want to do it slowly, not fast).

In order to gain weight, you'll need to eat in caloric surplus; and in order to gain muscle, you'll need to eat nutritious "clean" food.

Be sure to reweigh and re-calculate your stats and needed calories every week on the same day in the morning after you piss and shit and before you consume everything. This will give you an accurate reading.

Says I need 2167 calories a day.
Then again I said I do little amount of exercice.
Should I select activitt rate as if I lift weights or is it only about my current activity rate?

You'll want to adjust it for your workout (don't count runs). So if you're going to be doing either SS or the other one you lifted, pick "lightly active".

Just be sure to reweigh and recalculate your stats and calories needed each week, in the mornings. This is to give you a consistent and accurate baseline.

according to this, if I put in 3-5 days a week of exercise, my calories needed to sustain my weight is 3600. If I use 1-3 days, it;s 3200.

I've been eating 1500-1800 cals per day now. I had no idea I could eat a bit more, not that I will.

Still pretty DYEL imo, have body dysmorphia, and most recent pic gets negative attention because my beard.