What are some of fictional empires that based on Roman Empire? I only know Imperial (Elder Scrolls) and Nilfgaard

What are some of fictional empires that based on Roman Empire? I only know Imperial (Elder Scrolls) and Nilfgaard

the Holy Roman Empire

Ermor the new faith

Early Calradic Empire (Mount&Blade)

>Caesar's Legion

fpbp

>believing bannerlord will ever be anything but a dream

The Valyrian empire from Game of Thrones is clearly Rome-inspired.

The Romulan Star Empire from Star Trek. They're a xenophobic and militaristic society that is obsessed with conquering and holding as much territory as they can get away with. You only really need to look at their name anyway.

The Lunar Empire from Glorantha? The setting muddles the water a lot more than usual because the main writer is an anthropologist specialized in the Bronze and Iron Age so the main inspiration is probably some middle-eastern empire but still.

lol

Lmao

The Imperium in 40K is clearly based on the Late Roman Empire.

>Prone to religious dogmatism
>Constantly under siege by barbarians
>Was once extremely powerful but got severely weakened by civil wars and internal crisis
>Doesn't understand most of its own technology because so much knowledge has been lost.

Nilfgaard is based on the >H >R >E

Lunar Empire is probably meant to be the neo-Assyrians.

>When in Nilfgaard, do as Nilfgaardians do

It's a proverb in Witcher

fallout nv

Not technically the Roman Empire, but Gondor and its people from Lord of the Rings are heavily inspired by Constantinople.

Brainlet Tolkien fan detected. Gondor is the Western Roman Empire.

>Constantinople isn't technically the Roman empire

What did he mean by this?

Fuck that horse is so sexy.

PAY DEBT, GREEKILINGS

absolutely savage

Didn't the lunars get their shit kicked in by the orlanthi?
I remember a lunar refugee event in king of dragonpass where some of them would defile your shrine.

The game is set centuries before that and they were just a group of fugitives.
Now they conquered the Dragon Pass and the kingdom you create at the end of the game.

malazan empire

Anyone who actually studied late-republic Rome would cringe at Caesar's Legion and their entire ethos and interpretation of Roman culture.

thats the whole point you absolute retard, they are going off scraps, its meant to be wrong

Numenor from LOTR
Valyria from ASOIAF

I understand the point of why they're wrong, you idiot.
Shut the fuck up and stop sperging out like a nigger.

>Eastern remnant of original empire
>Fading realm of once great wealth and culture
>Threatened by eastern and southern adversaries
>Capital dangerously near the enemies but well defended
>Absorbed several “barbaric peoples”
>Mountainous
>Beacon system
>Emphasis on tradition
>Similar attire and architecture
>Mordor kinda looks like Anatolia
>The legend of "Marble King" whose messianic resurrection and return would signal the restoration of the Empire
While there are various historical influences they're more Eastern Roman Empire then West (that's Arnor) and if you deny this you are a contrarian faggot

90% of this stuff goes for the WRE also, gondor was white

I also think Gondor had been inspired by Byzantium. Likewise, Minas Ithil conquered and converted into Minas Morgul reminded me of Constantinople turned into Istanbul.

but minas tirith is constantionple so that doesn't work

Byzantine Empire

>Shut the fuck up and stop sperging out like a nigger.
do niggers actually get irritated over the lack of realistic appropriation and representation of roman culture in new vegas friend
just think about it

krauts BTFO

fpbp

With no survivors

>CL is cringe
>Comradehood of Chrome is just fine though

>Tolkien himself referred to Minas Tirith as a "Byzantine City".[32]

kek german, italian, polish, czech, slovakians, french, dutch, belgian, danish faggots btfo

>minas tirith/gondor/any faction of LoTR is x

I wish hitler had gassed this kind of people.

the aggressively boring game Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
the gnomes had roman aesthetics in it for some reason

there's the remas empire in warhammer fantasy

the analogies are pretty evident, the only brainlet here is you

the Gorian Empire in WoW
ROMAN
SORCERER
OGRES

>analogies in tolkien's legendarium
>when tolkien hated analogies themselves

Read more brainlet.

this

I was born 87 years ago. For 65 years I've ruled as Tamriel's Emperor. But for all these years I have never been the ruler of my own dreams. I have seen the Gates of Oblivion, beyond which no waking eye may see. Behold, in Darkness a Doom sweeps the land. This is the 27th of Last Seed; the Year of Akatosh 433. These are the closing days of the 3rd Era, and the final hours of my life.

big if true

Minas Tirith and Ithil aswell as Osgiliath are Constantinople.

fpbp

also roman-like eagle symbols and names of everything are clearly based on latin

No, No, No.
LOTR is a work of fiction, it is not meant in any way to represent any real thing nor is anything in LOTR directly inspired by any real location or empire. You are being retarded.

Gondor is Gondor, nothing else you fucking brainlet.

The first time we meet them, we meet a Praetor.

ayy lmao

It’s obviously Istanbul, civilising ‘romans’ and Bulgars

The Turian Hierarchy is essentially Republic of Rome: Ayy Lmao Edition.

Nice

Allegory =/= inspiration you brainlet retard. Do you seriously think Tolkien pulled up everything from his ass? He admitted some of his inspirations.

Actually Minas Tirith is a representation of the city of Vienna (AKA “The White City”) with Gondor as a representation od Western Europe in defense against the Turkogoblin hordes at the battle of vienna. The charge at Pelennor fields based on the charge by the Polish and allied cavalry in the largest cavalry charge in history.

Numenor was Atlantis

The old man of harmless simplicity, venerable in his gray hair and his majestic garb, ready of his own will to give himself entirely for the defense of his flock, went forth to meet the tyrant who was destroying all things.

He met Attila, it is said, in the neighborhood of the river Mincio, and he spoke to the grim monarch, saying "The senate and the people of Rome, once conquerors of the world, now indeed vanquished, come before thee as suppliants. We pray for mercy and deliverance. O Attila, thou king of kings, thou couldst have no greater glory than to see suppliant at thy feet this people before whom once all peoples and kings lay suppliant. Thou hast subdued, O Attila, the whole circle of the lands which it was granted to the Romans, victors over all peoples, to conquer. Now we pray that thou, who hast conquered others, shouldst conquer thyself. The people have felt thy scourge; now as suppliants they would feel thy mercy."

Theotokos willing, Bannerlord will be out by June

He has stated that he intended his work to be an alternate mythology for Europe. He sets it up so his books are a lost heirloom of some hobbits.

Meridian

disgusting

I just don't get how could Caesar read even the most shit tier high school history book about Rome and STILL get it egregiously wrong.

He tries to do accurate pronounciations but he cant even understand the meaning of those words, like Imperium. He wants to be emperor but doesn't understand imperium.

i applaud their historical accuracy both in costume and in size

Asimov's Foundation series is based on Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.

Because it's an intentional front. He's not trying to recreate Rome. He's using it as a "theme" to appear alien and foreign. At the end of the day, he's applying he's still applying his own philosophy to the context that spawned it. Caesar is just using the image of Rome to dress it up and make his group as distinct from the other groups around him (i.e. raiders, NCR, tribes, etc.) as possible.

caesars rise to power is based on shaka zulu tho

tolkien was a huge catholicboo he wouldn't base his writings on orthodox places lol

You win one (you)

u win Veeky Forums

Imerium of mankind Ultramar and I would argue the Eldar empire before their fall

I mean people say there were based on celts (due to being based on elves based on celt) but they seemed too much like pre-fall Rome.

Is it though?

speaking of that reaction

Valyrian Freehold
Rome but with Patricians that own dragons

>Was once extremely powerful
That was still pretty much true up untill its demise.

M A D M A N