"His CrossFit Obsession Is Killing Our Marriage"

>My husband, Grant*, has a six-pack, a chest that would make Channing Tatum jealous, and the type of biceps where you can see a muscle outline through his sweater. He's hot and he's ripped—the type of guy who everyone assumes is a trainer when he's just working out on his own at the gym. His body is his temple, but I am not a happy worshiper.

>We had our daughter in 2012, and Grant continued to hit the gym hard, even signing up for various competitions. And that was when things got tough. He was having more fun than ever, while I felt resentful of how often he was gone. I knew working out was important to him, but treating it as necessaryseemed borderline selfish. He also began tweaking his diet, turning Paleo and spending nights researching diet and fitness hacks. It was as though I was literally witnessing my husband transforming into a different person—as the weight fell away, so did aspects of his personality I used to love. He could never just chill on the couch anymore; he always had to be doing something.

>Worse, I had a hard time losing the last 10 pounds of baby-weight. I knew Grant wouldn't cheat on me, but I couldn't help wondering whether he compared me to the incredibly fit women at his CrossFit Box (what the CrossFit gym is called). I also felt like the more time he spent working on his body, the less he seemed to care about other aspects of his life, such as the fact he was still working at his uncle's firm when he could have polished his résumé and seen what else was out there.

>I hate that Grant has an entire social life that doesn't include me, and that he's part of a whole fitness movement that's leaving me behind.

Are women the worst?

redbookmag.com/love-sex/relationships/a17358/crossfit-husband/

>Are women the worst?

There's always mentally ill cross dressers, but other than that, pretty much, yeah.

Grant's out slaying pussy while his wife is too lazy to get off the couch

tl;dr my husband has become a better person and feels more fullfilled
Yeah they are the worst

The Dread game is strong with this guy.
He slays pussy out in the gym and gets it back at home since she is deadly afraid of losing him.
Grant is winning life.

>"After all, he's always inviting me to come with him to "the Box," which I never do."
>"Seeing my husband so passionate about something that has nothing to do with me makes me feel left out. "
>left out

The guy invites her to join him, but she willingly refuses, and then complains she feels 'left out'

While she is a selfish cunt, the guy can take a step back from his diet once in awhile and go enjoy some shit with his wife. Unless he's on the verge of getting sponsored, he doesn't need to take his shit so seriously.
She is still a selfish cunt.

maybe we'll just get lucky and grant'll murder suicide

they just believe whats fits their world view the best, she will always be the victim in her eyes

Wtf I love crossfit now

Jesus christ, the guy just found something he loves to do (even though its crossfit). Why can't she be happy for him instead of wishing of tearing down his happiness? She never goes with him to the gym and then feels left out when he goes without her? I just dont get it man.

You guys are idiots. The guy is obviously addicted, and not in a good way. He still has his responsibility as a father, husband and worker. He's just a desperate fool who runs away from life to his "box" - but hey, so is like 99% of this board.

>he's a great dad
>he's doing great at work, but won't go out and find a better job
Read the article. She just can't handle him doing shit on his own and wants him to make more money m8.

I kbow this will trigger the autism most of you faggots suffer from but if you marry someone and have a kid your priorities need to shift a bit. By all means keep in shape but if it's dominating your life to the point you aren't helping with the kid or being a good husband or father then tough shit. You made those choices so live with them.

If she was just his gf and there was no kid involved then yeah, be a crossfit fag as much as you want and she's just being a gains goblins cunt. If she doesn't like it make a choice and ditch her if you want. But if you've already made the choice to marry her and have a kid you have to reasonably expect that to affect how much time you can devote to other things, especially things as autistic as working out and doing crossfit.

>doing crossfit
>winning life

Pick only one.

I see your autism was triggered, as I predicted.

not that guy but if you think spending time with your kids is reddit, its because you normalized the shitty childhood that made you a Veeky Forums addict

you know these stories are just parodies written by bored college professors right?

From all of the iron heads only Paul Carter is able to be a badass lifter, a great father and a productive member of society.

> After all, he's always inviting me to come with him to "the Box," which I never do. I say I need to look after our daughter or that I'm busy grading papers, but truthfully, working out is not the same priority for me as it is for Grant.

> When he's around, he loves being a dad. Sometimes he'll take our daughter for a long bike ride on a Saturday afternoon, and I love that she and he are bonding over healthy activities.

> as the fact he was still working at his uncle's firm when he could have polished his résumé and seen what else was out there.
> I only wish he'd put that drive back into our relationship.

This guy gets out clean of pit hole, looking good af, no addictions, good relationship with his daughter, trying to make his marriage work; and his wife is all about he could be making more money and unwilling to take a shot at his invitations bc she doesn't feel like working out.

Fucking rage.

God damn it.

didn't read the article where she says how great a dad he is did you

Did you even read the story?

> When he's around, he loves being a dad. Sometimes he'll take our daughter for a long bike ride on a Saturday afternoon, and I love that she and he are bonding over healthy activities.

>After all, he's always inviting me to come with him to "the Box," which I never do. I say I need to look after our daughter or that I'm busy grading papers, but truthfully, working out is not the same priority for me as it is for Grant

> he goes to bed at 10 so he can run or lift at 5

The guy is literally waking up early to go lifting, presumably, before work; he doesn't drink after work, so presumably, he's at home. And even his wife acknowledges he's a great dad.

Where does it say he is neglecting his kid?

I'm a dad and since I became a dad I've worked out. I look the best I've ever looked and I'm still a great dad. I do it for my kids. I want to be able to play football with them when I'm 40. I literally do it for my boys. It's an hour out of my day.

>women

>he invites me to do something I don't want to do
>I refuse
>it is somehow my fault

When it says

>when he's around

You should know from experience that leaving your wife at home with the kids constantly is a recipe for disaster.

Yeah you're getting the wording from a one sided conversation supplied by somebody desperate to be the victim

>I hate that Grant has an entire social life that doesn't include me

it sounded reasonable (well sorta) untill she showed her true colors

WHILE YOU'RE OUT AT CROSSFIT DOING PULLUPS WITH KIPS, HE'S AT HOME GIVING YOUR WIFE DICK

>all that talk about the loss of family values and husband v wife

makes me sad desu

women just don't want to leave humanity behind

My uncle started doing crossfit with a group of swingers. He started cheating on my aunt with another cheater and it killed their marriage after he gave up on the family. He was a failed business owner and alchoholic though. I understand the fear of gainz goblins and bucket crabs, but some men really do abandon their families if they find a "cool" group that makes them feel good.