Which is better?

Which is better?

Dude the text is the wrong way round.

> Because we all know, If there are two long standing,
> competing standards, one is always clearly better.

Pull ups obviously. I started out doing chin ups so I could build up the strength to do pull ups.

better for what?

You're legit retarded

As in, if you could only pick one

Neutral grip.

Mixed grip master race

Totally retarded, chin ups put more emphasis on arms when pull ups put more emphasis on lats

Bicep curls or tricep extensions

Which is better?

doesn't matter at all. just do both

why have i never thought of this?

You are supposed to do them both and alternate between them. And you should also be doing neutral grip pull-ups as well

what you're asking is like asking should I only do bench press or squats?

Still too fat to do these, I use lat pull machine. Is this helping? I'd like to think I can tackle these soon, I just don't want to neglect anything while I'm trying to get down to a better weight.

6'1"
Started 350 lbs
Now 305 lbs

are you dumb? in the left one he's pulling himself up and in the right one he gets his chin above the bar.

>Which is better?
Chin ups are marginally better for biceps
Pull ups are marginally better for traps

You're an idiot.

You're also an idiot. Position matters, pronation doesn't.

Best answer, literally what OP is doing except the differences aren't even marginal here.

because it's pointless- you work the same muscles
They did research on pull ups vs chin ups for some retarded reason, and showed that there's no difference other than above and neutral grip mattered most.

Are you implying he's not pulling himself up on both pictures? And that the chin is below the bar on the left?

Pull ups are better for forearms, chin ups are better for biceps.

They both work the same back muscles.

I'm implying that my post was bait and you should make it a tiny bit harder next time.

neither is better, do both

>you should do two variations of one exercise

So squat high bar and low bar then? What about both sumo and conventional deadlifts?

Eat less

chin ups: more biceps
pull ups: more back and traps

FUCK OFF WITH THESE THREADS
THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS BOTH
REEEEEE

towel pullups

wide grip pull ups master race, flying squirrel coming thru

Well, it's certainly not hurting, but keep in mind that you're lifting what you weigh when you do a pull up. So unless you're making great strength gains, losing weight will probably get you to doing pull ups faster.

Pullups are harder.

Chin-ups use the biceps more so bump up the weight and you get the same lat activation and more biceps. I just do both though.

I alternate weighted pull ups and weighted chin ups each session.

I like chin ups more though cus more weight. People mire like fuck when you're doing 45lbs or more for reps.

TExt is acually wrong

kek cobramode

whats the verdict on neutral grip guys?

dyel?

But both target different groups...

Do one at a time

Pull-ups are functional and impressive to average people.

Chin-ups train more muscle mass and are better when adding weight.

Pretty neutral