SALT

How come no one is talking about this? twitter.com/SaltLending/status/923304717190496258

True if big!

WE ARE THE SALTINES AND WE WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER SELL!

I have been talking about it all day. It didn't make a thread, though, so thanks!

People on twitter don't understand that a crypto-backed loan is a fantastic way to avoid tax obligations for transacting in Bitcoin or Ethereum. Huge.

I know, it's incredible. I'm contemplating getting into SALT now or waiting a bit for alts to bleed more. The news from OP seems to be priced in already.

When does their service actually launch, December?

People here, for the most part, don't understand either.

What do you mean with this. That you just "take a loan" and never pay it back and thus because it's not a transaction but a loan you don't have to pay taxes?

So how do I get into this?
Do I get a card with salt coins or are they separate?

No, you pay back your loan in the amount of USD you took out, but the amount of crypto you used for leverage, say BTC, you get back in full - which in the meantime has probably gained in value as more normies get on board the BTC train.

Not to mention being able to liquidate cypto & not having worry about buying it back at a higher price. I love SALT. Bought in heavy when it listed on Binance & even more so when it hit Bittrex.

because their ICO was hot garbage where you gave VCs those sweet sweet 10x gains

I am actually planning some long-term wealth management strategies using SALT to avoid capital gains taxes. Short term gains are a concern for me, as well. I have only been investing in crypto for about six months, but I would like to be able to spend some of it since my unrealized gains are quite impressive. SALT will allow me access to funds without having to wait for the long-term gains advantage. Then again, I might never cash out the crypto, just use it as collateral to buy income property.

Those are the people putting up the money for you to borrow. When you become wealthy enough to be an accredited investor, you can lend your wealth through SALT Lending.

because those cards are fake like monaco

if they dont have real proof of those cards, its fake

Pro tip: I've been to the conferences in Denver, I have face to faced Erik. It's all real. SALT + Prism are legit gamechangers. Believe me or not, don't care. I've been invested at the 1.50 tier for long time

You don't understand. This is actually legitimate. The cards are a very small part of SALT Lending. This is not a crypto debit card. It is a credit card using collateral, which is either BTC or ETH.

I have over 6000 SALT, which is about 12% of my crypto portfolio. I intend to use the SALT to buy down interest rates on my loan/s. Do you feel that this is an appropriate allocation considering I will be borrowing against most of the rest of my crypto?

So you've lost money. Lmao

What do you guys think the near-term price prediction is? I want to get in on this, but I'm unsure of timing with the alt bull market.

With (((them))) you always lose. Don't buy SALT. Anything with loaning is definitely a (((merchant))) trick.

This is an adult conversation.

You clearly don't have enough wealth to care about creative tax strategies.

I have a few salt for the sole purpose of using the platform to take get money without having to sell my crypto.

What I don't understand is how the SALT token will go up in drastically value. Is it really worth holding a ton of these tokens?

If I understand correctly all you need is 1 token to borrow up to 10k dollars.

Please correct me if I am getting this wrong.

You bought when it was first listed on bittrex... Now you're bagholding. Bought at 4K after the fork, sold at 5.5k, never looking back... Until it hits another floor

Nobody cares about your daytrading stories. Please learn this asap, we just want to talk about what the coins and tokens do.

>
>I have a few salt for the sole purpose of using the platform to take get money without having to sell my crypto.
>
>What I don't understand is how the SALT token will go up in drastically value. Is it really worth holding a ton of these tokens?
>
>If I understand correctly all you need is 1 token to borrow up to 10k dollars.
>
>Please correct me if I am getting this wrong.

It has another purpose that makes it valuable. If it was just a membership it wouldn't be necessary to have more than a few, but applying more SALT tokens to a loan lowers the interest rate.

Salt is a great business. I wish it was my company. That doesn't make the salt token useful. They easily could do the business without it. It was just a cash grab.

At the moment, these tokens do nothing. OP is correct about the membership prices. At the moment there is literally nothing happening. Their slack is constantly filled with people taking out support tickets because, for some reason, operations are all being done by hand.

The website barely works. I did notice they quietly put up an ad looking for a lead developer. Huge red flag. Software companies without a lead developer are functionally dead in the water. And it shows. Technically the operation is a complete shitshow. On the upside, they have a ton of lawyers accountants and PR people doing their things.

All of it stinks. I am holding and don't recommend anyone hold large amounts of these tokens. Right now they are 50% off on exchanges. OP is correct, just over 10 is required to apply for a 100k loan.

cuz everyone talkin about pic related

I agree with that, and I support it long term. When it flirts with 5.00 again, I will offload 50%, I wouldn't Hodl expecting 25.00 prices

No, that was me you were replying to. Lurk more please. Also I didn't say when it "first" listed, did I?

Skimming the whitepaper and checking out the FAQ. I not seeing anything regarding SALT tokens and interest rates.

Where can I find the info on this?

salt is extremely low in price compared to the price people paid in btc for it in the presale and ico. Its a great opportunity right now and a good long term hold.

It's on the steemit articles, buried on site, and Reddit ama with Caleb. I think max it can lower is 2%. I'll locate the source when I'm home

Have to be in Premier Membership tier for lowering APR option with additional SALT

yeah that really justifies minting 120 million of them.
In reality charging fees to access what is basically a traditional loan is silly. A competitor will come in, and offer 9% with no fees and salt will be worth approximately 0
enjoy your pic related(s)

But check out those loan durations.. choosing a 8 hour loan just to close a deal and get a 2% reduction...gonna be some shifty shit you can do with this platform

premuiem would only be 100 dollar