QTDTTOT

previous QTDTTOT
Questions that don't deserve their own threads

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Digital-Kitchen-Scale-Food-Multifunction/dp/B01JTDG084/ref=zg_bs_678509011_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JAKK12G898QQAW66RQQC
instagram.com/p/BRfb9OwhabA/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is jumping from SL to a 6 day PPL too much?

Wait, on your first day in the gym you weren't forced to pick barbell or dumbbell? Did you have to pay more for that???

Wrong thread.

If I want to do weighted pushups or weighted planks, what's the best way to put on the weights? Currently I just balance it on my back, but I feel like it would be impossible for heavy weights without something to secure them.

I fucked my knee up in September and just got back to squatting. Anything over 225lbs on squat and my ass goes right and my weight goes to my left leg a bit (my knee I never injured) but after I come up about an inch or two from the bottom I straighten back out. Any ideas on a way to remedy this? I'm assuming its just favoring my healthier knee since I used to squat way heavier with perfect form. But i'm not very acquainted with adjusting for injuries or imbalances.

Is 3x5 + accessories on GSLP really enough volume? Would 5x5 be too much?

Nobody really does weighted pushups because of this. Even if you got a weighted vest, it impedes the range of motion. Why not dips/weighted dips? You can get a 45 lb plate on your own back by yourself for planks, more than that and you need a buddy

>Why not dips/weighted dips?
I've been considering this, I just don't have the equipment right now, nor the creativity to use items around the house. Thanks for the advice though.

Drop the weight.

How bad are chicken nuggets for me?

I already have. 220 perfect form. 225 perfect form. 230 and my ass going sideways. Any idea on fixing it. I'm assuming its due to my knee since I never saw a doctor for it cus i'm a poor fag. Any ideas on correcting it so I can get back to squatting heavy as fuck?

With proper nutrition, sleep and warmup could I do a 3-day compound program like greyskull lp for 6 days a week?

Was using puc related, Xmark bench at my gym. Now I have I think it's called a Parabody bench for my home gym. It's much wider and has much thicker, softer padding compared to the Xmark.
It feels kind of wierd and I had to drop my weight 15lbs. On the old bench my shoulder blades kind of hugged the bench and now my shoulders are entirely on the pad.

Basically, is it something I need to get used to, or is one type of bench pad objectively better than the other?

Drop the weight doofus. Your right knee isn't strong enough. I would stick to like 200-205 for at least two weeks and then start adding a few pounds every time and hopefully you go right past 230 with no knee issues

God Damnit
>pic related

I plan on playing rugby this summer with my local club, what's the best way to train with that in mind?

I just started the Texas Method after ~4 months of Greyskull LP. How should I incorporate cardio into that?

I've had a mysterious shoulder problem for 3 years now and I think it might be a nerve injury. Neck/shoulder MRI came back with no results....is there any other way to discover a nerve injury?

>If I want to build more and bigger muscle is it better to do pic related or a PPL routine?
I'm doing SS since 4 months and want to change my programm.
Is there be a big difference of volume with these 2 routines?

>I would stick to like 200-205 for at least two weeks and then start adding a few pounds every time and hopefully you go right past 230 with no knee issue.

I should've have been more clear, I've been at a dropped weight since 2/18. Yesterday went back and still had the same problem at over 225 which I why I decided to come here to see if anyone knows any ways for strengthening my knee. I'm aware my right knee isn't strong enough I took a Pontiac Sunfire to it in September.

I'm asking if there is any exercises I can do specifically to strengthen it to correct my knee. Besides just staying a reduced squat weight since I'vealready been using it without seeing results. Without having to go take a Sunfire to my left knee to balance it out.

I went 210 2/21, 2/23, 2/25 then 215 on 2/28, 3/2 ,3/ 4. Then 220 3/7, 225 3/9, 230 3/11.

I could deload to 200 and go up smaller increments but I don't know if that will remedy it since it doesn't feel like it improved at all with my previous deload. That is why I am asking for supplementary exercise to strengthen it.

pls respond

>I'm asking if there is any exercises I can do specifically to strengthen it to correct my knee

Yes, squats. You probably need more time. I had a shoulder injury that took 5 months to clear up. I just did light weight OHP 4x a week until it felt good again. Now it's perfectly fine.

Run.

Fitness dominates the modern game.

Play the game.

Just lift however otherwise.

Does protein powder help build muscle faster?

Should I weight lift on my cut alongside cardio, Or just focus cardio, and then lift afterwards?

I was doing freeletics but dropped because of a knee injury. Now I'm fine but don't want to lay on the ground after a workout and just look at the ceiling mindlessly for 5 minutes just to catch my breath drowning in my sweat. What should I do? I have a punching bag/ heavy bag and a barbell with 80 kilos of weight plates

Read the sticky 3x5

I'm fairly certain I have gyno but I live in Beijing. Does anyone have any experience getting the surgery done in China or should I just take a quick trip to South Korea?

Is it normal for your bench to drop by 20 pounds on a cut?

is this a good food scale?

amazon.com/Digital-Kitchen-Scale-Food-Multifunction/dp/B01JTDG084/ref=zg_bs_678509011_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JAKK12G898QQAW66RQQC

How do you know if you have to make a move/keep chasing after a girl, or just stop and let her come to me?

Could/should I use half and half or buttermilk as a substitute for milk in my shakes?

anyone know if this shit works? Was losing weight consistently through diet and exercise but I've been stalling lately and I think I need something to help. Saw this getting shilled in a fitness mag but I was wondering if it was shit or not

So I was looking at Hemsworth's IG and found a video of some of his training.

I realize he's on gear and that doing this type of training alone isn't what built his physique but it looked like fun.

You guys know of any routines like this I can check out? Something with circuit training and HIIT or strength training/conditioning?

>inb4 CrossFit
instagram.com/p/BRfb9OwhabA/

you will never make it

Not sure, but diets are short term. Unless you want to regain that weight in fat I suggest not depending on diet sugar pills.

I want to start doing weighted pullups
Is the 25~ rep range still ideal, while doing such a compound movement?
Is 5x5 the best rep set or should i do 8x3 or maybe even pussy ass pyramids of 3,4,5,5,4,3

I get waaay too tired doing squats. I love doing them, but I always find myself out of energy to finish my other lifts or vice versa if I do my squats last.

Should I just eat more? I've been eating about 2600 calories at 156 lbs 5'9".

How much beta carotene do I need a day to give my skin some color? I'm white as a ghost and live in Ohio and I have difficulty tanning.

So what should I be doing for stretching, flexibility and mobility. I have no Idea where to start.

It will get warm again soon user have faith.

So I snapped my wrist racking dumbbells almost two weeks ago. I was doing DB presses and finished a grinder of a set (weak, only 40 lb DBs) and as I put the weights back up, my left wrist on the pinky side just makes a loud snap. It hurt pretty bad for the first couple of days, couldn't really use my left hand.

I stopped lifting since then. Today I was carrying some plant pots and they're still a bit tender.

Should I go to the gym tomorrow anyway and just lower the weights? Or should I not even risk it? I really am bummed not making gains right now.

Is foam rolling worth it? I overheard someone speaking about how it 'breaks up scar tissue' and there by makes the body rebuild itself a little more. Is this a good substitute to stretching? I mean it feels nice as a kind of massage but is it good for anything else.

This may be a really dumb question but how do i know i am properly training a muscle?

Rolled my knee hard playing soccer, heard a crack. Was in September, have been getting back into running slowly since. What if anything can I do to build back up the connective tissues? I have only recently been able to actually do a ass to grass BW squat without serious pain, but I have been able to get back up to 3-6 mile runs.

does losing 10 pounds of mostly water weight give the same aesthetic gains than losing 10 pounds of fat (for the duration at which the water weight is kept down) ?

Yoga son

>Yoga
It isn't the 80's any more senpai.

Cool bro

Enjoy your aesthetic, yet immobile body.

I just finished my second 5/3/1 cycle which I started after like 5 years (!!!) of SS. I know I'm not very serious about my lifting.

Anyway, for both cycles I used my actual 1RM's (measured them and used what I could actually lift once) and as a result, the main lifts always felt way too weak, especially with the 90% of your 1RM filter thing applied. Moreover, my 1rm's now are lower than 5 years ago when I was several months into SS and deadlifting just about 3plaets etc. So I know I probably have some latent strength within me and hell, maybe even some more noobgains I never accessed, but I just got lazy and haven't explored my full potential.

Should I stick with 5/3/1 at this point or go back to something with moar volume? 531 just feels too slow, and with too light weights to boot.

Enjoy your nerve damage and muscle tears, bro.

Is the golden six a good work out for someone who wants lose weight and put on muscle?

how to fix my wobbly arms when doing an exercise?

I don't have a question, I just wanted to say thank you to Veeky Forums.
I started at 245 lbs, and after getting some advice from these threads and picking up a workout routine to use in my home gym I just hit 220 after 3 1/2 months and am looking better every week.

So thanks, buddies. Once I get down to 210, I'll reevaluate and see if I want to start bulking up.

My hips are tight in my SI joint. What stretches are good for loosening it up?

if the tongue is our strongest muscle why cant it lift anything heavy

How do I make a business to exploit you autistic Veeky Forums animu nerds?

is ham good or should i cut it out of my diet

I just found this while wiping my ass.

Do I have fucking worms Veeky Forums?

cardio on rest days or on lifting days?

who dis

Run and do plyo on light days

it's a fixed moose, now answer me.

Your need a rope and a carribeaner

Be honest with me lads, is it possible to gain flexibility in the lower body if I spent a good part of my childhood and most of my teens as a NEET (besides school) ?
I'm a former fatass, bodyweight exercices helped me lose weight. I've actually come to enjoy doing bodyweight so I wanted to do more complicated exercices and stumbled on the pike push up.
Tried to do it : couldn't do the A shape no matter how hard I tried, felt like calves and hamstrings were gonna tear. It turns out I have (unsurprisingly) very tight lower body muscles, I've done my research and I have some mobility exercices that I've started to do every day with some stretching. Some thought has been on the back of my mind though and that is if my lifestyle during the first 20 years of my life fucked me up for good and I'll never be able to be flexible in the lower body. Am I gonna make it ? I stretch every morning and it feels so painful trying to reach my fucking toes, it feels so far away I can't even imagine being able to do it one day.

Also, how important is foam rolling and using a lacrosse ball for gaining flexibility ? I've ordered both and bookmarked some videos but I'm wondering what will be the impact.

absolutely it is possible. stretch 3 times a day, hold your stretches for 30 seconds, do at least 2 sets and don't stretch further than when it starts to hurt.

record how flexible you are at day 1. compare after 1 month and you will see some improvement. compare after 1 year and be amazed.

source: former incredibly inflexible skinny fat who was given a whole bunch of stretches to fix my scoliosis, rounded shoulders, and injured knee.

Fatfuck reporting in, after eating breakfast how long should i wait to work out? The internet says 3 to 4 hours, but for some reason id like a second opinion from Veeky Forums.

Thanks in advance.

You don't need to wait. It all depends how you feel. I work out on an empty stomache at 7am, for example. Try it out once and see if it suits you.

Thanks mate, this gave me a good needed boost. I've google a bit and folks say they needed 4 weeks to be able to touch their toes. I assume it is going to take longer for me since I don't think those people had a more terrible physically active past than me (can't even go further than 45° with my leg when lying on the ground). My objective is to have my whole palm on the ground at some point, I've been stretching every day for the past 3 days and will keep doing it until I reach my goal (and even after).

I need your opinion on this:

Let me start by saying im a fatfuck around 97 kg, i think that's about 200 pounds or something.

I recently decided to get my shit togheter, I'm more active, mainly cardio, i eat better (veggies, cashew nuts, the whole deal).

I also got my hands on 10mg Stanozolol, my understanding is 50mgs a day, so what would be the best way to schedule this?

Anyone in a similar situation or past experience?

Thank you very much for the response, user im quite excited to get working out, im going through some major health upgrades.

>a fixed moose

a what

anyway you can do cardio whenever the fuck you want as long as you eat enough

I went to the gym yesterday after a three-year break. My exercise over this period was pretty much limited to walking to work (20 minutes) and the occasional pull-up.

I didn't actually lose that much strength, could do 130kg squats for 5 reps (1RM used to be 170kg), bench 90kg for reps (1RM 125kg) and 55kg OHP for reps (1RM was 70kg).

Honestly surprised.

Having DOMS like motherfuck though.

No worries. I was in the same boat as you and I decided to get my life together about a year and half ago. If you're new to fitness and you feel like you keep who you are down because you don't feel motivation in day to day life it will be the single best decision you've ever made in you life. The person I am now is way better than the person I was before I started working out. If at first it seems hard, stick by it, in a year you'll be a changed man.

Holy shit user, that's really motivating. I've been struggling my whole life, my motivation is there, i really want to get healthy, but i feel like im way over my head. My main problem is stamina, like seriously, i can walk 14 km no problem, but i can only run for 40 seconds tops.

You don't happen to have any tips for me?

thanks, will do. she goes by Moosefix. go wild.

ask someone at the gym to hold the plate on your upper back as you do pushups or planks

I saw the best increase in explosive cardio with the rowing machine and the stair climber. If you don't have a stair climber at your gym then you can also visit the local park and walk/run up and down as much as you can. But you get better at cardio the same way that you get good at lifting, you do more of it. Best of luck, user.

I'm stalling pretty hard on deadlifts.
Does switching to sumo for a month or two really help?
I'm already doing variations like deficits and romanians.

How much do you diddly and how long have you been lifting?

315 is my 1 rep max (yeah, laugh it up)
Been lifting for 6 months, stalling for about 1 and a half

Why are pickles the single greatest food ever made?

If I workout only 3 times a week, should I still be eating ~400-500 calories over my TDEE?

I haven't worked out in like two months, it was a combination of many factors, the most of which was laziness. I'll spare the details, but now I work until 10 most days I would not be lifting, and I wake up at 5:30. At the best case scenario I get 7:30 hours of sleep, but realistically I get like 6 and a half. Will this be pretty detrimental for me if I want to start lifting again?

assuming your goal is to gain weight/build muscle, yes.

I just found this on my couch.
What do?

>fuck it life isn;t worth it living like this
>ill treat myself to a tub of chocolate icecream
>mmm delicious been missing that
>yeah this is the good shit why dont i eat this daily
>nobody lives forever anyways and i don't even date mmm good stuff
>and then when its over i instantly regret it and get depressed

How do I break this cycle?
Just telling myself to do it doesn't work, since at one point I just decide its not worth avoiding and that I am perfectly fine indulging.

your couch is your bed?

It's a large couch.
Please help me, he's waking up.

idk treat your friend some breakfast?

Don't binge. Eat healthy otherwise and indulge once in a while. You don't need to eat shit tasting food to be healthy. I will say though, when you remove all the excess sugar from your diet, carrots become sweet tasting.

take some more pictures please
preferably without the pillow covering his lower body

what is the best core exercise?

2 days back, I did a lot of dumbell curls and my 2 arms pain like shit. The circled parts are the exact places where it hurts a lot. It usually pains when I try keep my arms straight. What do I do? :(

>Now I'm fine but don't want to lay on the ground after a workout and just look at the ceiling mindlessly for 5 minutes just to catch my breath drowning in my sweat. What should I do? I have a punching bag/ heav
if you want to get big go to the gym you fucking pussy, i have had a sore wrist for like 8 weeks no excuses

if it hurts its probably working

Guys, please help, I just need a quick response on this, even if you know as little about it as I do.

Two months ago I discovered I had too much estrogen in my body and started taking an aromatase inhibitor. Two months ago, I also had the best, thickest hair of my life and a perfect hairline. That seems to be gone.

I have been taking 1mg every day and apparently this isn't a very uncommon side effect, you can google it. That's because aromatase is responsible for a lot of hair keeping. Thinning happens to a lot of people, hair falling, and there are even studies that shows it can cause symptons of male pattern baldness on women. Obviously this all should reside once you stop taking it, but as a man, I'm not so sure and I'm freaking the fuck out. I already finished taking it a few days ago. I KNOW it wasn't natural and it was the meds because it happened in the exact span I started taking them. Also it's not like I'm bald, my head is still full of hair, but I got some unnatural recession.

Should things get better now that I finished it? Should these effects reside?

hell no not even close

add in rack pulls.

About weighted situps as described in SS.

Currently doing 3x5 with like 15kg (holding horizontal for 5s) but I don't think I can hold much more weight on my chest without it feeling weird (20kg plates are kinda big)

Should i progress by doing same weight and more reps? or maybe hold them longer? what do you guys do?