1300 calorie homemade mass gainer

First ever post on Veeky Forums. Have lurked for years.

I'm 5'10, 171 lbs. I'm on a 3500 calories a day bulk. Prior to this shake I started making I was struggling to even consume 2500 cals a day. Is it bad that I'm getting 1300 calories a day from a single meal that is a shake for breakfast every morning? Or am I just being paranoid about the whole "better to eat whole foods than blending them because you lose nutrients" thing. I couldn't eat 1300 calories if it wasn't as a shake.

Shake recipe:
1 frozen banana
1 cup oats
4 tbsp pb
1 cup 2% milk
1 scoop whey pro (30g pro)
1 cup spinach
2 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp coconut oil

I can post the macros if anyone wants.

Other urls found in this thread:

rawblend.com.au/blog/can-the-vitamix-blender-cook/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>mfw after drinking this

does this taste ok?

>First ever post on Veeky Forums. Have lurked for years.
What the fuck is wrong with you freaks? You don't even have to register an account. Why would you lurk THIS LONG without posting?

OP here... do I have to say that?
And yeah it tastes amazing.

Post Macros

Everyone knows how to make a shake, OP. Kill yourself, you fucking retard.

How big is the shake?

>posting without lurking for at least two years
that how i know you are cancer

>mfw first sip of the day

that shake sounds like it got maybe 500 kcal at most in it?

1 scoop whey? what the fuck?
1 cup oats? fug m8

3 cup oats 3-4 scoop whey and try again, and at least 1 litre of milk

> quick oats
> whey concentrate instead of isolate

kill you're selfie.

It's honestly complete bullshit that anyone would need to lurk so long before making a single post and you know it.
There is nothing complicated about making an at least neutral post on any board on Veeky Forums.

Dude the peanut butter and oats alone would be 500 calories.

Macros

looks gud
ill try it sometime, ignore the shitposters someone forgot to distract them with a brap thread

Not OP but I often don't have much to say desu haven't posted since 2012

The shake is massive. It takes me a while to drink it.

Is it fine to have that many calories for just breakfast as a shake?

Another good one is:
1 banana
1.5 cups of rolled oats
3 tablespoons of peanut butter
1 glass of milk

it's ~900 calories. Less prep, probably tastes better. Macros aren't as high, but still makes for a good way to get in some calories if you're low.

What do you put it in though? A tall glass?

I actually drink it straight out the blender container lol

That's what I started with. Tbh the spinach and flax seeds are just for the health benefits. I don't eat as much veggies as I should so I thought they not throw them in the shake.

I do something similar which comes to 1276kcal but is more simple.

50g MyProtein Impact Whey (can double to 100g if you're really looking for loads of protons)

400ml Whole Milk

100g Peanut Butter

50g Oats - which I blend to a flour before adding the other ingredients, which makes it nice and smooth, no bits.

You can of course add more oats if you want, or none at all.

I've found the oat version sometimes gives me the shits. Apparently this is because the oats aren't cooked, despite being quick oats. This could be bollocks, but I've narrowed it down to the oats. No idea how to cook them first though without the usual microwaving which will make them soggy as fuck and impossible to blend into a flour. Ideas?

Macros BTW for the version with oats and 50g of protons -

Carbs - 67.3g
Fat - 72.5g
Protein - 82.6g

desu senpai i am you and you are me. this is almost the exact same recipe i use as a hardgainer. 1500 cals that you suck down in 10-15 minutes? no beating it. except sometimes i split mine into shakers and have them over the course of the day. not much of a breakfast person. yes its a good idea. keep it up.

I like it. I think I'd stick to mine only because it has a lot more carbs and that's like the macro you're supposed to get the most of when bulking?

thats more like 300 kcal.

how the fuck can people miscalculate these things THIS gravely?

Well for my 1300 cal one I measured everything as best as I could. I can't possibly be that off?

You must be legitimately retarded

too much fat.

why not get a mass gainer instead.

This is exactly the attitude that has caused this site to go so downhill

Way too much fats. I'm on a 3300 cal bulk and that shake alone contains more fats than my entire daily intake

Is it really? I was worried about that, but people said it's OK if you're really trying to gain a good amount of weight.

Because mass gainers are a total rip-off waste of money marketing scam.

PB has a lot of fat yes, but not a lot of saturated fats, and it isn't worth killing yourself over fat intake when you're a skelly trying to bulk. When you're cutting, yes, cut that shit out.

Worth pointing out I'll normally stick to one or two of these a day, and still eat 4 real meals and otherwise eat very cleanly.

I mean 1 whole litre of whole milk is still barely even 600 kcal,

sure peanut butter is calorie dense, but I would guess you severely overestimate the amount you are putting in, I mean 100g is like almost half a tub.. you probably put a few spoonfuls of it, right? (which will be like 30g)

I'd cut out the saturated fats in the coconut oil and stick to mono- and polyunsaturated fats from nuts and seeds, purely for health reasons. But high fat can work for some people. My sex drive improves noticably if I eat 100+g of fat per day, and drops if I eat below 60g. I think I also put on less fat when bulking than if I got those extra calories from carbs.

Oh I'm op. Not the one with the 100g pb shake. I only put 4 tbsp of pb in my 1300 calorie shake. Comes out to 380 cals

I only put in the coconut oil cause a few people on Bodybuilding.com suggested it as a cheaper alternative to olive oil which I guess people use for an extra 100ish calories. Since Im really trying to gain I thought why not?

What the fuck are you talking about? OP has roughly correct numbers. Did you completely forget about all the other ingredients?

but then I really don't see where your calories are coming from,

flax seeds = 0 kcal
table spoon coconut oil.. maybe 100kcal?

banana.. 100kcal?

seems like a long shit to reach 1300
please spell it out for every ingredient

>this triggers the autist
Suck a dick, faggot.

Saging your shit thread. KYS.

The first ingredient is the whey protein

I think where people go wrong in the numbers is for the oats,

1 cup of oats is roughly 80g, which is about 300kcal

typically people believe 1 cup of dry oats is like 600+ kcal, which is not true

I get OPs shake to be about 800 kcal as my best guess, keep in mind there is no way in hell your body is extracting much kcal from flax seeds, even if you try to grind them

I'm the one who uses 100g PB, and yes, I weigh it using a scale. Probably always a bit over actually because there's always some left on the spoon which I scrape off afterwards.

fair enough, so you are basically consuming pure liquid fat

For mine -

Impact Whey - 50g - 197 calories
British Whole Milk (Tesco) - 400ml - 256 calories
Porridge Oats (Tesco) - 50g - 190 calories
Peanut Butter (Tesco) - 100g - 633 calories

I've been looking for an easy to make shake like this. On this day OP was not a faggot.

As posted above, fat is 72.5g
of which -
Saturated - 18.7g
Polyunsaturated - 17.8g
Monounsaturated - 31.9g
Trans - 0.0

1mg of cholesterol too.

I eat clean aside from that, and hit my macros just fine.

Carbs - 50%
Fat - 30%
Protein - 20%

While protein seems low, that's 150g of protein, which is a little more than 1g/lb bodyweight at present, so any higher is pointless.

To be fair, I often go over, and the fat macro will drop in favour of carbs then protein as my weight increases.

I am happy to take cited/verifiable advice on this if I'm doing it wrong though. I'm always happy to learn more.

Glad to help. You can even add some chocolate ice cream for better taste if you don't mind even more cals. I did that for my first couple shakes but dropped it for the spinach and flax so that it'd be healthier.

Used to be people would be told to lurk instead of being spoonfed

Like this fucker needs to just GOMAD

dude i just made this. it's blending up right now. i can't wait to try it. but i made a mistake... i accidentally put 2 tbsp of flax seed oil in it instead of flax seeds... oh well, it's ok i think.

I hope you like it man. I've heard people use the oil instead it should be fine. I hope you don't mind the spinach. Personally I don't, but I feel some people might.

>get any food
>add sugar or peanut butter
>now it's a 'mass gainer'
WOOOOOW that was hard

mm yes i do like it, tastes like chocolate and peanut butter. nice n thick. my banana wasnt frozen so it is a bit warm though.. but i will make this again.. maybe everyday to gain some mass...

Nice man. Yeah definitely pre-freeze sliced bananas that way you don't have to use ice cubes (which are hard to blend at least in my shitty blender).

Your body doesn't care when the calories get into your body

Fuark that's literally all of my daily fat intake
(Doing a lean bulk)

This homemade Alfredo is also 1300 calories a bowl. I had two bowls. Bulkers and skeletons are you even trying?

Is it really? I might start eating more alfredo...

Macros

>all that dairy
I can smell your farts from here

>tfw used to hear about Veeky Forums and thought I'd get ddos'ed if I even visited the site

It will still smell better than OP

No one ever waited years you dumb cunt. Don't pretend you did either.

>better to eat whole foods than blending them because you lose nutrients
The fuck? Where the fuck would the nutrients possibly go?

You might be the single dumbest person I've seen make a thread on Veeky Forums today.

Veeky Forums approved supplement brands?

ON and MyProtein seems recommended here a lot.

not him, but the heat of a blender kills nutrients

fuckdick

Then crank it by hand fuckhole.

It's a blender, not a pressure cooker. You use blenders to make smoothies and milkshakes, not coffee and tea.

Sounds good ngl

i dont know why you put spinach, flax seeds, banana and so on in it..

my morning shake:
400ml milk (3,5%)
150g oats
50g walnuts
~1200 kcals and cheap af

and how can you call it a shake with only 1 cup milk? with all those ingredients it must have the consistency of concrete

Spinach and seeds for the health factors. And it does end up being pretty god dam thick might start adding a cup and a half instead

Nice. Can you please explain why the banana is frozen?

And what are quick oats compared to oats?

kek

Frozen banana to do the job ice cubes would do. And everyone else uses quick oats I'm not really sure what the difference is.

>1 scoop in 1300 calories

ayy boi

the only supplements you should be using, that is protein powders, creatine, vit D, fish oil, and maaaaaaybe a multi, are more or less all created equal so it's best to just get the cheapest one. MyProtein has the best sales in my experience and their powders taste pretty good. ON tastes amazing and isn't too expensive either.

Thanks.
What are important properties to look for when buying a blender? I'm looking at a 1500 W blender with 2 liters atm for like $90

Friction causes the liquid to heat. Power blenders can literally cook blended material.

kys

rawblend.com.au/blog/can-the-vitamix-blender-cook/

I have made this before because scooby rec'd it. Use frozen bananas to make it taste a lot better.

right now I am just using frozen strawberries, bananas and scoop of chocolate protein powder. i put about a cup of water in as well. no more milk since I don't like the macros on them.

quick oats dissolve good. regular oats don't, you gotta chew em up in da mouth when you take a sip.

not just in the mouth. in the forest.

what?

>70g proton
>1300+ calories

I expected that to hit at least 90. Change the type of protein or the amount.

Yeah, I'm sure running a $600 blender on high for 6 minutes straight applies to the OPs situation.

>I'm 5'10
>171 lbs
>I'm on a 3500 calories a day bulk

for what reason, you're already over weight.

old fashioned, quick , and steel cut oats are all cooked already.

Lots of people make over night oats with the above.

A shake is best for downing a huge amount though.

Is that actually overweight or are you trolling because I consider myself pretty skinny

Should I do 2 scoops of proton?

>Amerifats

171 lbs at 5'10 is definitely overweight if you're not fit. You do not need to bulk this hard.

Hit me with the Macros my guy

Shit linked wrong post in the first one my b

This is the most autistic shit posting I've ever seen.

4 SCOOPS CMON

You're a retard. 1.5 cups of raw oats alone is 450 calories.

add some cinnamon and a touch of salt and swap the choco for cookies and cream and you'll cum your undies.