Keto

Any thoughts or opinions on the Keto diet? I've been doing it for a week now, and I seem to be losing weight.

For those who don't know, the Keto diet is all about reducing your carb and sugar intake and replacing it with fat intake to replace the missing energy. Thus, your body starts producing ketones so you use fat as energy rather than carbs and sugars. The first few days are brutal and you feel like shit because your body isn't used to no carbs, but after that you feel fine.

Pic unrelated, it's the only picture of food I had.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KHaCKudtVi0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Banting
jackkruse.com/why-the-epi-paleo-rx-is-stat-paging-your-brain/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's GOAT (with grassfed butter). youtube.com/watch?v=KHaCKudtVi0

need some fish and chips right now brehs

>tfw expat

Interesting video, I like it. Yeah, the keto diet is based on human biology, you just have to think what we ate back before the Industrial Revolution.

I am two weeks in and my stomach is still hurting.
I think it's working but I am not sure if I am just losing the bloatiness that you get from carbs.
I am thinking of having a cheat meal once a week.

The brain can only utilize glucose. Enjoy being a brainlet.

electrolytes my dude

the body is more than capable of producing the small amount of glucose the brain needs my dude

>the small amount of glucose the brain needs
brainlet detected

Its a meme.
Its that simple.

If there was a diet that allowed you to lose more than 10kg (which is what you'll lose in water weight doing keto) simply by not eating carbs and eating shit food that is smothered in fat - everyone would do it.
It was designed by doctors to combat things such as epilepsy and diabetes.

Your energy levels will be depleted and they won't return to their normal state during ketosis, the truth is your body just adjusts to having such little energy instead.
It can and WILL fuck your internals if you do it for too long.

I did keto for 3 months and lost roughly 10kg and looked little to no different because it was all water weight, my energy levels were fucked and I was consistently getting ill and shitting fat broth.

I then got off keto, did some dieting and exercising and lost 30kg in a year and look much better because it wasn't just water weight.

Stop falling for the meme and get on a treadmill you fatty.

Idiot

The whole reason we produce ketones is that while most of the body can use free fatty acids,they don't cross the brain blood variety.

Ketones do, and the brain even behaved more effective tilt without the blood sugar spikes and dips.

You probably did it wrong.

You're supposed to exercise and eat a bunch of fibrous vegetables and avoid processed junk and meats. Literally meat and vegetables. It's not fucking hard and the body will get all the nutrition it needs and the motichobdria compensate just fine.

>all these memesters doing the meme diet
>i'm just here alone on my third cycle of psmf

sitting at 259, started at 360 14 months ago

Doing any kind of fad diet is a sign of being a brainlet. If you can't lose weight from eating normal food then surely you must be really stupid. All diets are fucking shit since people gain weight again as soon as they quit it.

Fuckin love me some fish n chips.

Real keto is 90% fat 8-9% protein, and the rest is carbs.
None of us ever did real keto.
10 kg is not water weight, even if you weighed 300 pounds.
Next time stick to your diet.

>Any thoughts or opinions on the Keto diet?
Doesn't work, never did. Was invented by a jewish coffin maker in England who said he lost a lot of fat, but nobody even knows if he was ever fat to begin with.

Basically, the first fad diet ever.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Banting

It wa spopular during the early 00s, then died off because it didn't work. Reddit revived it a year or two ago.

Oh yeah, I forgot - Banting didn't even do no/very low carb per se. Even though all low carbers seem to think they are his legacy.

It's all bullshit.

Keto diet must be your last resort. I did keto to end a 6month cut and it did work. Just learn how to do it

>haha look at these retards for doing this fad diet
>meanwhile does a fad diet himself
stay fat faggot

what is the max carbs a day for keto? or rather how does it affect you? I usually think of 20g to be a good amount but some people eat more, but I have no idea, some user in another thread said it can be up to around 100g a day

it´s actually the best diet i ever did desu lad

Classic limit is 50g carbs though its easily smashed if you eat fruits and veggies

french fucking fries are not keto you fat piece of shit. neither is the shitton of breading on that fish

I've lost 150lbs and kept it off for the past 2 years because of keto. All of the fucking sugar we consume isnt natural and fucks up our insulin, and keto makes you have barely any appetite either.

it's 20g net carbs per day to be in ketosis unless you do a lot of high intensity exercise, then it can be up to 50.

Keto is excellent. It may not be the most thrilling diet ever, but it's still satisfying & relatively easy to sustain. In the beginning, I would supplement caffeine for carbs to keep me moving. If you up your water intake & stay moving, you'll feel great & look great. The lack of bloating is just so fucking awesome. So is eating a bowl of bacon while drinking vodka.

>ce of shit. neither is the shitton of breading on that fish

dude theres no wheat in french fries therefore its keto.. and the breading on the fish doesnt contain yeast or sidum therefore also keto.

are you fuckign retarded

Did you even read his post

Which alcoholic beverages are keto?

Vodka, I know for a fact cause I looked it up earlier.

All beer is out, basically.

jackkruse.com/why-the-epi-paleo-rx-is-stat-paging-your-brain/
>Why does a ketogenic diet seem to help many brain disorders

I think the point is to find healthy sources of fat, like Wild salmon, coconut oil, beef and avocado. Keto is not a magic diet, you still have to eat healthy on a deficit to lose fat.
Any low kcal diet will make you lose weight, but keto is easy to follow for most normal people who are not athletes. It is also supposed help you get a normal insulin pattern, so you dont gain all the weight back right after. Keto works good for alot of people, but as I said, it is not a magic diet.
For me it works very good with intermitted fasting.

The lower appetite you get on keto is actually a normal appetite. The appetite when you have with wild swinging blood sugar and insulin levels are not "normal".

Awesome work by the way!

Real keto measures in grams not a macro ratio. You need to eat under 100g carbs so that your body is forced to create ketones to fuel your brain and maintain ketosis. Protein should be at roughly 1g/ pound of lbm for the first few weeks and then at 0.8 after. Fat is just whatever you need to finish your caloric intake

you prove yourself wrong

You're actually retarded
>what are starches

Only high proof everclear

>Falling for obvious bait