Ketogenic Diet

Hey Veeky Forums

Cross board poster here. Some user suggested starting a ketogenic diet. I read a little about it and it seemed okay, but I wanted to know your thoughts. Any input?

Yes.

best way to cut weight. but count your calories, keep your protein up to around 2g per kg and lift/exercise

if you have problems with over eating, keto is a pretty good way to eliminate entire food groups.

it's a meme

now get out

It's really losing weight and burning fat. I'm a bit over the bulking size I'd want I'm fine overdoing it and becoming a skinny fag.

I'm does it matter counting calories if I'm filling up on veggies and fruit? I don't normally overeat plain meat it's usually the other stuff.

Anyone successful with this diet? I'll need something to keep me going when I feel tired and lazy as shit the first few days of no carbs.

No. Keto is one of the most retarded fade diet

I used keto to cut to my goal weight, and now I do low carb with a cheat day to maintain.
Would recommend.
There was a couple of weeks where i felt like fuck, but once my body adapted my mood was more stable and I had a better sex drive.

>I'm does it matter counting calories if I'm filling up on veggies and fruit?
calories in calories out. you can beat the 1st law of thermodynamics just because they're veggies and fruit. also what veggies? starchy ones?

meat isn't making you fat, its your entire diet. you can eat nothing but meat and lose weight and you can eat nothing but vegetables and gain weight

i gave up my keto after ~2months, i lost around 6kg, managed to keep it off and for lent i've given up meat and lost +3kgs

count your calories, exercise and dont be dumb you know what food is 'healthy' and what isn't

I don't think they're starchy. Celery for snacks, grapes, oranges, then kale, broccoli.

Also is dairy okay? That one I'd watch out for because dairy makes you a fatass right?

Is this true user? It's the one thing I'm worried about. If someone told you (the first few days of binge drinking makes you feel like shit, but you'll get over it once you adjust) you'd be fucked. Sucks that making your body feel like shit is actually a step to being healthy.

You've been fucking up your body and feeling like shit for long enough. It's just that change that's hurting, not the exercise you fat fuck.

Enjoy heart disease

I tried keto and felt AWFUL.

It also seems damn near impossible to keep carbs below 20. There is sugar and starch in everything. You have to eat like 90% meat.

No thanks.

>I tried keto and felt AWFUL
Yes that happens to everyone on keto for the first 3-4 weeks. If you can't endure something that long you won't get far in life.

>There is sugar and starch in everything
No. You are just a lazy fuck who can't bother to spend 2 hours in your grocery store reading labels and setting up a new diet. Here I'll you save you an hour:

Mature brassicas (kale, collards, broccoli, brussel sprouts)
Avocados, peppers, celery
Grounds spices and seasonings
Moderate amounts of garlic and onion
Cheese (read the labels if shredded, Kraft uses minimal starch)
Premium tomato sauce (Costco currently carries Rao's at a good price)
Coconut oil
Heavy cream
Eggs
Tree nuts
Flax, chia seeds
Fresh marbled meats and salmon

Cook for yourself instead of wasting your time driving to a fast food line. You're welcome, manchild.

If you lift weights, carbs are required. Hell if you are an athlete at all carbs are required. Keto is a fucking joke. I recently cut 25 pounds on a simple deficit while on about 250g of carbs a day. Still allowed me to make gains while losing weight.

Calories in, calories out. It's pretty fucking simple

Do you even know what keto requires, nothing you have listed in this thread is keto approved.

Cals in/Cals IIFYM master race

Not an argument

It's good for beginners who are trying to lose weight. Carbs are usually the easiest to binge because they're usually the easiest to obtain (chips, candy, etc.) and also the hardest to keep track. Many people don't realize how small an actual serving of a heavy carb food can really be.

Read a book nigga. Specifically one about molecular biology

Just want to chime in, if you have gout, or anyone in your family has gout, do not do keto.

You seem knowledgeable. Thanks for he list. I'll try to stick to this.

Do you have any input, or does your post boil down to dyel? Which is fine, but I don't. I'm not looking to have beefcake status, just a slimmer body.

>not an argument

He's right though, you've provided no information in this thread, just opinions and criticism.

Or i can just eat healthy, including the occasional serving of potatoes and rice, never feel like shit, and still be skinny.

Sucks you have to go to extremes to not be a fatass.