What are some Veeky Forums approved colognes? I'm thinking of buying this one

what are some Veeky Forums approved colognes? I'm thinking of buying this one.

Don't go cheap on cologne. Spend over 50 on whatever you buy. The cheap ones always smell like cheap cologne

pheromones

I am not going cheap, just looking for some suggestions from fellow Veeky Forums guys.

the best

bit obssesd with fragrances, you need different shit for different occasions, for gym/ everyday you cant beat Mont Blanc Individuel, women love it and its a great compliment getter. for nights out clubbing etc Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male is great. If you want an all rounder Paco Rabbane Invictus is good but lots of guys wear it.

if you want to spend like $800 on a bottle you cunt

yeah performance sucks on that shit as well...only other dudes like it, women dont really...so if your a gay cnut go ahead, pay 300 bucks to get other homos attention

So you're the mong who puts fragrance in the gym you feg just use stick goddamn

yeah I am getting into them as well. I have an Armani Eau pour Homme for those special occasions and Polo Blue for every day, sporty use. I want to expand my collection and am looking for my next scent.

Let me tell you something about cologne.

Most department store colognes are absolute diluted shit that caters to the lowest common denominator (including your Hugo Boss cologne). I'm not sure if you notice but most people buy their perfume from the local department store, perfume which is not very different from the other generic brands that said store sells. The result is of course that while most people smell slightly differently, the general feel of their smell remains the same and this holds true for most brands (even the more expensive "cool" brands like Hermès).

Now, this is obviously not something you want to aspire to. Perfume is something that should signify character and originality, not apathy and conformity, and if you want to grab the attention of girls of high class and character it is crucial to also smell money, class, and originality and not smell like you went to the local department store like every other Chad and Stacy out there.

So what do you do? You have to go to reputable perfume brands which have been in business for decades (not years) and have colognes with a rich history, a history not of constantly changing formulations but a history of traditionalism and conservatism (which, despite the associations, can also smell really good on young people and not old and stuffy). The go to place for these kind of perfumes would be traditional perfumers in England such as the old-school London barbershops (Trumper's, Truefitt and Hill, Taylor of Old Bond Street) and the more traditional perfumers like Penhaligon's and Floris. These perfumes are usually affordable and are extremely high quality and are like nothing you have ever smelled before. Well-groomed gentlemen have been wearing Trumper's and Floris for *decades* and these brands have maintained the same formulations for the same amount of time - a testament to their quality, and I suggest you look at reviews and try some perfumes from the aforementioned brands instead of Hugo Boss shit.

My list
> Orange - Hugo Boss
> Sauvage - Dior
> Only the brave tatoo - Diesel

thanks a lot for your advice and it is great, but I don't have access to such places.

cont.

My favorite of the traditional barbershop perfumers is Geo F. Trumper who has been in business for over 140 years, and who has maintained their formulations for a good part of those 140 years. Eucris, their flagship aroma, is worn by James Bond in Ian Fleming's novels and is a *very* unique scent that simply cannot be compared to scents you buy in a department store - and trust me, women LOVE it.

Trumper's other scents are also very good, I personally wear their Sandalwood perfume which is really versatile and lasts for SO LONG. If you check the Amazon reviews almost every single aroma has four or five stars and it is a shame that no one knows more about them (well, it may also be good - you do not want to lose your edge with the ladies).

You can order these perfumes from the internet and Amazon - they are usually very affordable.

sampled various acqua di parma colonia flankers--very impressed with the essenza and assoluta. assoluta seems to have various notes that would work well in a cold weather frag yet somehow it seems like a warm weather frag through and through. the essenza is nice and clean and fresh, and that's probably the one I'll end up getting when warm weather rolls around

This nigga think he's cool because he wears James Bond perfume lol. Did you buy a black trench coat after you saw the matrix as well?

Fuck you faggot I bet you find a lot of success in your life by walking around in flip-flops and constantly smelling of old sweat.

No one will ever approach and ask you about your lmao2pl8 squat if you can't even groom yourself properly.

I wear this

That's what I use, smells good senpai. Most people I know have a story about how I smell good, which is weird, but I guess it makes an impression.

still have to meet a woman who doesnt like this one.

gf love it and admited that when i left her place early in the morning, she grabbed my pillow to cuddle on it because of my smell and perfume.

>If you just want to keep it simple

Dior Suavage spring/summer
CH Men Prive fall/winter

>If you want to be more situation specific

La Nuit De Lhomme for romantic company at your home
Lhomme for casual company at your home
Versace Eros for clubbing
Allure Homme Sport eau Extreme for "coffee" dates (casual indoor dates like starbucks, movie theater, bowling, etc.)
Acqua Di Gio Profumo office and suit events spring/summer
Valentino Uomo Intense office and suit events fall/winter
Creed Adventus for outdoor spring/summer ocassions
Spicebomb Extreme for outdoor fall/winter ocassions
Bleu De Chanel Eau De Parfum for church
JPG Superman for the gym

t. cologne autist

I also have ultra male. I like it a lot and while it gets compliments a lot of women find it girly. I have a hard time recommending it over others but if you need a really strong fragrance that is unique then this is it

this is gonna seem like a retarded question but i don't know how else to phrase it:

you gave that big list for situation-specific fragrances, but without any prior knowledge could i walk into a place and smell a bunch of fragrances and decide what fragrance would be good for what situation all on my own?

scientifically iffy.

nice taste

I've been getting most compliments on these two:
YSL L'Homme
Chanel Bleu

I prefer the smell of the Chanel myself but women have told that the YSL is better, and yes I've straight up asked which they prefer.

Check out byredo. Women love it.

I loved it but my girlfriend hated it.

Ended up not buying it :/

>I loved it but my girlfriend hated it.

people will talk shit about this but it's kinda true. why does it matter how much we personally enjoy a fragrance if we're wearing it for our girlfriends/girls who smell us to enjoy the most

as long as it's not awful-smelling to you, just bite the bullet and wear what girls like the most

secret winner is pic related
Its only $25 and competes with all the premium colognes.
First date panty dropper confirmed

No. A lot has to do with how it how it preforms. How well it opens up, how long it lasts, can it survive the cold, is it good in the sun, does it sit close to the skin or will people be able to smell you from further away. Shit like that you cant really know just be smelling openings in the store

This cologne is goat, I always get complements on it

1 Million by Paco is pretty decent.

The smell of your sweat after a lifting session.

Smells great
Smells like not getting tricked by homosexual designers and their marketing

My lineup. The hugo black bottle is really nice and you only need a little bit.

Bleu de Chanel is a great pick bro

Thanks mate its my most recent pick up. My only complaint is that its smell doesn't last as long as I'd like it to.