/plg/ powerlifting general

/plg/ powerlifting general

>post your favourite time Rafaello got blown the fuck out or generally just post screencaps of Rafaello getting blown the fuck out

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BRmK-0ygKyx/
youtube.com/watch?v=KK5w7ZnIh9g
instagram.com/p/BRmoUZTl4uO/
instagram.com/p/BRmjdeKFrVa/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

supermang was a jerk

switched from 85% to 90% for my Texas Method volume days.. fuck it was hard. I mean I was in no fear of missing a rep but the last ones were hard.

Is this a good thing? Hoping it pays off. I think my volume days were way too light compared to my intensity. Doing 90% for volume and 80% of that for recovery day

Some times I feel like genetics isn't that important in powerlifting.
Then I see shit like this
instagram.com/p/BRmK-0ygKyx/
Kevin oak has the shittiest fucking form on all 3 lifts yet continually hits PRs

he's a roidaroo

Gunna deflate my max to 90% for just this Sheiko deadlift session cause my back is already fatigued and I don't wanna snap anything plus I have a skills test Sunday, is this okay?

If someone reaches those kind of numbers without snapping their shit up then you have no business in telling his form is bad

Ummm no, I agree he is infinitely stronger than me but his form is absolute shit

his dl form looked fine

is this to depth

nope, atleast 20cm left for butt to touch the ground

frog

are you actually a weeb?

havent watched anime in years may start again also idk how posting anime would make you a weeb

Can someone tell me why I'm twisting to one side during these squats and how to fix it?

youtube.com/watch?v=KK5w7ZnIh9g

Also turn down the video as I was recording right next to a speaker.

Lads, I finally hit 3pl8 on squat for 2 reps, never tried such weight before.

Now only to get 4pl8 for DL and I got 1/2/3/4 in the bag.

So happy guys

if you do start again, please inform me so I can stop praying for you to do well in your first comp

Are you talking about squats? I find that the upper body can handle that intensity but at the higher squat numbers the hits are just too big at that kind of intensity.

However, I did the split template, meaning I had 3 days to recover from VD instead of your 4, so take that as you will.

>black

no, hope you will injury your shit

what would happen to my lifts if the only exercise i got for two months was climbing?

your back and bi will grow, anything will probably drop just a bit, 2 months is fucking easy to get back on track in no time

shoo shoo

congrats dude

My knees get sore after i do a skills test and i have to take a longer break then it describes because of it my form is good and doesnt have to much knee travel but the tendons always get sore after takes like a week or more untill they are 100% normal again

I've been away for a few weeks. Can anyone give me a rundown of the whole Rafael trappy thing? I'm lost

oooops i made a poopy!!

WEDNESDAY OUR INSULINI WILL COMPETE at 8:00 CET

SATURDAY OUR BELOVED FRIEND BODORIO WILL ALSO COMPETE AND MAKE A SHOT AT A PODIUM PLACE AT 1700 CET

its euros btw

Stop posting qts alongside delicious food. It's confusing me.

I've know a lot of guys over my 20+ years of lifting who lived and died for the sport, and they all shared two characteristics- they were poor and they were stupid.

No one has ever really loved powerlifting, outside of the competitors. It never had the Olympic recognition of oly (it started out as "odd lifts" competitions"), and normal people have no appreciation for the weight being lifted. A strongman lifting a car? They can identify with that. 600 lbs on someone's back? They have literally no way to identify with that, so there is no appeal. On top of that, powerlifting meets are fucking torture, even for the competitors. I have read an entire novel at every meet I've done. Not out of enjoyment- out of boredom.
It's not the feds that ruin powerlifting- if that were the case, capitalism would fail for providing too many choices between brands (which is what feds are). It's not the divisions that ruin powerlifting- bodybuilding has half a million divisions and it does fine. Powerlifting will never be a money sport because no matter how much weight we lift, IT'S FUCKING BORING. The lifters have no personalities, slamming weights and freaking out are discouraged, and the meets are 22 hours long. The sport is fucking stupid. That is why it will never, ever, be the "money" sport some of you people think it should be.

That's why the natural course of a lifter who has proved himself to the best of his ability in the IPF arena is to move on to the fun shit in the lolfeds and do roids

>outside of the competitors
why would anything else matter?
if you stop enjoying it, pick a different hobby

>I have read an entire novel at every meet I've done. Not out of enjoyment- out of boredom.
yeah best to do that than talk the to rooms of people around you
corners are usually more comfy anyway right?

>bodybuilding does fine
does it
maybe im out of the loop but i know no one that is interested in actual competitive bodybuilding

>never, ever, be the "money" sport some of you people think it should be.
dont think there is really any of these people

has anyone ever told you to look into rock collecting?

Hungry and horny are the best feelings to get simultaneously though?

cutting was so easy and successful but then I made my calorie defecit smaller and some how i crashed and lifts suck

I don't know whether I wanna fuck the girl or eat the sandwich or fuck the sandwich and eat the girl. I'm very confused.

This however, is not confusing.

this poster has been at it for years.
Nobody knows his motives.

not eating is much easier than eating small, oddly enough

instagram.com/p/BRmoUZTl4uO/
CWS is stealing our memes

It's a fine line, always

Ok kid

trappy-chan turns out to be a confused little weak hobbit (Rafaello) that pretended to be his ex-girlfriend (Livia) as a tranny in order to give out bad advice and talk about penises.

Sean and Paul, his beta orbiters, were subsequently and absolutely BTFO

Soooo where'd this pic come from, just curious

>COLD SILENCE HAS A TENDENCY TO ATROPHY, ANY SORT OF COMPASSION

holy shit do those lines hit hard some nights

is this seriously what happened?

instagram.com/p/BRmjdeKFrVa/

>REEEEE STOP MAKING FUN OF US

Basically. He was a dude with an e-persona and pics of his ex girlfriend to roleplay with.

Just got my SBD knee sleeves and signed up with PA. Decided on a meet at the start of May. Hold me lads.

Terrible bench day lads

5x4 spoto felt like death and the bench was causing me to slide everywhere

Really kills the mood

You can't even imagine how badly I wish I knew you irl.

Get a proper towel

why

I usually use a piece of yoga mat which has tons of grip but forgot it. Was just plain tired too.

So goddamn cringy, these are grown men right?

Are you already hyped for your double volume session today?

>men
Transhumans.
[spoiler]how did you know I skipped yesterday[/spoiler]

There's absolutely no way I'll be doing 20% fatigue on SGDL and bench and two bench and back accessories, man....

Yes way - you can do it easily lad.

I have to hit a proper AMRAP set for bench tonight, so I can finally settle back the 3pl8 bench as 1 RM - those 3 months of no lifting really took some time to get back from.

I'm confident I can do it though, just like you can

Got back to squats today. Meant to do 5x5 @ 80 and only managed 3x5 and then a set of 3. Just felt so exhausted, not sure why. Maybe I'm just not used to it

Feels good though, no pain or anything so I'm probably good to get back to squatting and deadlifting regularly

Well it could be fun, but I don't think I have the capacity for it. 10% gets me top set + 4-5 down sets with time limit at 10 min, 14% gets me top set + 8 down sets with time limit at 15 min... Could give it a try one day tho, but I don't think this is the day for it.

3 months off for what?

Is anyone doing the project dietmeme?

Week 4 of Volume 1, Week 1 of volume 2, and a 1 week skills test is out, so at least it's still being worked on.
Are you doing it?

Did you get medical atettion for your si?

Raph got BTFO when he started shilling and created a spambot to spam Sheiko into every thread on Veeky Forums.

what if I told you I do?
had a shit bench session monday

felt fatigued man

Im thinking of buying guided programming from RTS
good idea / bad idea?

That sounds pretty crazy.
Will you try though?

>of what
All lifting - was unnecessary loss of all kinds of gains but meh, happens.

no, but thinking about doing it. I would like to know what others think before I start some pretty random program

I'd nibble her pink prawn knowamsayin

depends on who you're guided by :^) but better than just doing random shit you have no idea how to actually adjust to yourself, and iirc not that much of a money sink either, so might as well go for it. didn't isley recently get some RTS coaching too? might need to ask him for anecdotal review.

why did i laugh so hard at this ffs

Some other time, maybe.
Not sure we'll ever get to know that, given the raffy situation. Could be something over at reddit tho.

Knowing that it was created by a weak hobbit with zero coaching experience why in the hell would you do it

How long did 4/3/5 take for you?

mhmm my fecal matter is very stinky today I smell the aroma emitting from the toilet underneath me from where the stench pile collects

Sean and Paul were the ones who btfo and exposed trappy my little confused friend :)

>this new

couple months

5 years and counting for that 3pl8 bench

one day

Jacked & Tan 2.0 starts today laddos wml

4pl8 squat - bout 2.5 years
bench and dl - bout 3.5

what are you doing up so early cfg

not sure which part of the image to drool over more

Have fun with it,I made quite a lot of changes to it but I've been running the first 6 weeks for the last 6 months

Yeah I'm gonna swap the day 3 fronts for deads and do fronts or SSB after. Also tinkering with the idea of swapping out T1 OHP for some kind of benching.

Tbh I actually ran it only 6weeks for sq/dl because I'm coming off an injury and didn't really like the AMRAP work.
Now I'm doing Sheiko for sq/dl and JnT for upper body only.
At first I ran Bench,CGBP and OHP as T1 but I like to have an higher frequency on my comp bench so the last 3 cycles I ran Bench,CGBP,Bench as T1 and kept OHP as T2 after CGBP.

Did you get jacked?

WTF I hate you now!
I'm a bit bigger desu,but I still don't look like I lift.
In all seriousness the first 1-2 cycles I put on a lot of arm size but it has slowed down as of now.
I just probably need to eat more since I've been training 6days a week after starting Sheiko and I'm not gaining bw.

I'm probably just gonna do the first six weeks 2x, maybe 3, then jump to Sheiko or Dietmar. I could certainly stand to gain some weight so I figure a 12ish week J&T hypertrophy block plus a shitload of meat and pasta should do the trick.

I just hope to get insane gains on bench when I finally do a strenght block,so far I've been able to PR every cycle with a lot of fatigue.

It took me a bit to figure out the weight to use for the AMRAP but in a couple of weeks you'll get that down.
Also,first week is fucking hell if you're not accustomed to high rep stuff.

If you have any question just ask here,I'll probably read it since /plg/ is back to being pretty slow

How are my stats for 4 months?
>115 ohp
>185 bench
>245 squat
>365 deadlift

I'm actually in a pretty good spot to crank out some squat and bench reps, deads will be pretty ugly though

woah

Hmm

pls be in kg