Help me out here, Veeky Forums

How can I fix my APT (anterior pelvic tilt) , and how long will the process take roughly?

Other urls found in this thread:

professionalptandtraining.com/general-health-information/proper-core-bracing-sequence/
posturereleaseimagery.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>place back of head against wall
>slowly take a few steps in front while keeping head against wall
That's what I do

u got a donk

stretch hip flexors and quads every day

>23:21:45
What stretches do you recommend? How long do I do this for?

Don't sleep on your stomach either, sleep on your sides or back

learning to brace properly is the biggest thing.

professionalptandtraining.com/general-health-information/proper-core-bracing-sequence/

this alone is going to do a lot more than most rehab exercises people prescribe. having a good sense of what your abs are actually doing when you brace is most important people think you're just vaguely tightening them for no reason, but you should think of your upper abs as keeping your rib cage in line (so your traps aren't hanging off your body) while your lower abs do the same for your pelvis.

after that learning to breathe from your diaphragm. (i'm presuming you like most people have as much forward head tilt as APT)

posturereleaseimagery.org/

this site is kind of retarded but it worked wonders for me too.

incidentally, the process can go a lot faster than you'd think. the problem is usually more to do with relearning motor patterns than actual deficits of strength.

it's kind of like super saiyan god where goku learned what it felt like? there's a bunch of useful cues.

for most people, chin down instead of chin up.
a sort of thin sheet of ab contraction to keep your rib cage and pelvis in line.
screwing your hips out to increase glute contraction.
feet straight forward.
try to make your lower back feel relaxed and uncontraced as possible.
proper external rotation of the shoulders - a good cue is to feel it deep.

Not the user you're replying to but l won't risk sleep paralysis and sleep on my back, fuck that shit lad, worst part is that l know how to get out of it and even then its a scary ass experience, doing rows, planks and deadlifting is much much safer

>Scared of sleeping.

ive had sleep paralysis, and currently have lucid nightmares everynight for over a year...shit sucks yo...tummy sleeping helps

best way to wake up from sleep paralysis is to wiggle your toes, then feet, then legs, etc

that is... if you remember this post

Man, I've been trying to sleep on my back for ages now, but I can never get to sleep. Any advice?

buy a better bed

might as well share my first and last(hopefully) sleep paralysis story...before this i just had terrible nightmares every night...but on this fateful night
>eyes open and im in my room
>its dark but i notice the door is ajar
>cant move, wtf
>a faint green glow approches door opening
>notice a hand that looks like it has been irradiated (streaks of dark glowing green surrounded by charred black flesh) starting to open the door
>a naked man (with the same irradiation look all over his body) walks in, silently, and stares at me from the door frame
>im sweating bullets and feel like im screaming but nothing is coming out
>somehow this fucker pulls out a wooden chair and sits down at the foot of my bed
>put elbows on his knees, hunches over, and keeps his fingers in the standard "evil triangle of contemplation" while keeping his un flinching eyes on me
>I want to die, why is this happening, is the fucking real, what the fuck is this
>he watches me as he glows for like 10 minutes
>i wake up abruptly, screaming, and sweating more than a flu patient
>have been afraid of sleeping ever since

I still have lucid nightmares everynight, but ive learned to control them to an extent...and while they started horrific, they are now more psychological pain type dreams (ive had to take pills to sleep for well over a year now)

I hope I never fucking experience sleep paralysis again.

>wake up
>pitch black room
>think to myself "it's coming"
>"it's coming you've got to go"
>frozen
>can't move my arms or my feet
>I knew it was coming and I knew I had to get up and go
>absolute tier terror has taken me over
>"it" has somehow routed in my own bed
>still can't move
>completely losing control because I know it's coming
>thrash about until I have enough control to roll
>finally work my way onto my side
>fall back asleep because I wasn't strong enough to sit up, let alone stand

>same exact thing happens later that night

In hindsight I have no idea what the hell "it" was or why I feared it so. I've been in many 'scary' situations and never once and never since have I had such a primal fear take me over.

routed me* in my own bed

I always get this shit when I sleep in, by that I mean laying awake in my bed because I'm to lazy. It fazcinates and scares me at the same time

>fazcinates

i have a 100lb vest and when i put it on my pelvis automatically looks like good posture because it is the most efficient way to hold that weight

sell this, if your body doesn't hypercompensate without the west people will pay money for this :P

I'm doing the quad and hip flexor stretches.
I've started doing the hamstring exercises.

How do I exercises my lower abs without using the hip flexors?

My ATP is terrible. I have slouched shoulders, head tilted forward, a poking out stomach despite having no fat etc.

Are you me?

stomach vacuum

rooted

Lying leg raises with the lower back touching the ground throughout the entire movement. Focus on the eccentric.

Yeah, technically you will use your hip flexors but if you do them right they will hit your abs HARD and put a stretch on the hip flexors.

Holding in the extended position also makes for a good hip flexor stretch in the position you want them to naturally be in.

i dont get it

exercise are very ineffective at fixing it. Sure it helps, but its a lot slower.

The most effective way is to learn how it feels to be in a correct position. Then you need to maintain that throughout the day. as time goes it will become more and more natural, and it will take less and less effort to do it, untill it becomes natural.
For me it took about 3-4 weeks.

Exercises doesnt do much as it doesnt matter if you spend 1 hour fixing it. If you spend the other 23 to fuck it up.