QTDDTOT

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
Old one is dying addition. Come on in and ask that dumb question, user.

I'll start. What exercises can I do to get better at carrying people, specifically a bridal carry?

>addition
My life is a meme

I have been ostracized my whole life, Veeky Forums. Can I get some (you)'s?

Also, what's the best way to get rid of the hair around my asshole? Or do I just let it grow?

here (you) go. also, are there any Asians on this board who can chime in? how do your girls keep your arseholes so neat?

Sandbag carry

Zercher squat

Hey bro

Are vans good for squats. There thin and hard. I don't like chuck Taylor's

>thinking one hard rubber flat soled canvas shoe is significantly different from another

Vans are fine.

Shave

Atlas stones. Kegs. Sandbags

Fatty here. I lost 30kgs by dieting and now I want to start exercising.

How do I into gym? Will the guy in charge guide me if I ask him to?

Also whats the best app for running? I did my first 5k today and Im slow as fuck. I want to improve.

>sandbag carry

i was gonna say this

also maybe some kind of curl? maybe static holds or something

Yeah the guy will show you how to use the equipment. For running, Couch to 5k. You can use the timer as pace training.

on Veeky Forums's gslp it says to deload by 10% if you miss your first set. What if I do 5/5/4? Increase next workout or just do same weight till hitting 5/5/5?

Power cleans 5x5 then finish off with a pump set of 15-20 reps. 45 seconds rest. Your heart will burst

pump set of what

Powercleans. Superset with straight bar curls and you'll even be able to carry the weight of the groom's guilt and regret when the divorce happens

Either or. It's fairly common to miss the last rep.

Does foam rolling actually help with gains or is it just to feel good? I heard someone saying it helps breakup internal scar issues allowing the body to rebuild itself but I don't know if it's true.

Ehhh not quite. I love it, though. It's like getting a sports massage without some burley dude touching your taught oiled skin.

it can be godly for curing muscle pain. my lower back was killing me, and a bit of rolling, while it hurt at the time, fixed me up hard core.

How do I maintain my muscle when cutting? Just workout normally?

20 year old lard ass, can't get enough protein in my diet no matter which option I choose. Says "INSUFFICIENT PROTEIN".

Which settings do I use for the quickest weight loss possible. I'm trying to get a security guard job. If I lose weight it shows I'm motivated.

I used to hike 10+ miles a week but haven't in more than a year, do I need to work my way up to jogging/running?

How many rest days if doing a three-year day split as a noob?

Is 2 rest days ok (I have too much class to workout 6 days a week)

>doing c25k

>running 8min 5 min rest

>next week is 20min run non stop

wow

>you'll even be able to carry the weight of the groom's guilt and regret when the divorce happens
woah, thats heavy.

What the fuck do I do about my roommate stealing my milk? We're buddies and on good terms but he just does whatever the fuck he wants when he's drunk and I come home to no more milk. Not even just a cup, he'll drink an entire bag (canada) at a time. Is a mini fridge in my room the only option?

Get a rusty pair of jumper cables and swing away mercilessly. Next time he will have a Pavlovian response to drinking milk and shit himself.

I have 10 hour workshifts wake 6am work 7am-5pm. I have been fasting untill 1pm for months. would 7pm be an ok time to go to the gym I would be awake for over 13 hours by that time, I feel like I wont have the energy for the gym and would also maybe have trouble sleeping after? Back in college I went to the gym for a few years at around 5pm and it was great but I did not have to wake up so early.

I did SL until my linear progression stopped and now I'm cutting for the first time. for 5 reps my bench/squat/ohp went down 15% but my deadlift is the same, is this kind of strength loss typical? It's been like this since a month into the cut and I've been at it for about 3 months total now and it hasn't gone lower than that.

go vegan

suck his dick to steal his protein.
Usually you wouldn't lose any strength if you go on a very slight clean cut, but depending on how steep your cut is...results may vary. Look if your strength starts going up once your cut is done.

I myself have a question this time around. I've been going to the local gym nearby but the bench there seems to be way softer than my regular gym which I feel fucks with my tightness. Is this just me or has anyone else experienced this? Should I be worried about snapping some shit up because I can't feel tight throughout my heels to my arms.

I am trying to go for isley/powerlifter mode.
Right now I am doing 70s big LP, but my lifts are beginning to stall out. I have previously done madcow, then Lyle Mcdonalds, so I am just on 70s big to get my 5rms up again.
I am going to start eating a bit above maintenance soon, should I do madcow, TM, or sheiko 29?

Yes. You'll get where you want to be quicker than most, but you will need to work for it.
How many protons a day do you need?

I'm a beginner, is this a good program?
Day A
Press-ups - 4 sets, 10 reps
Bench Press - 4 sets, 10 reps
Upright Row - 4 sets, 10 reps
Bent Over Row - 4 sets, 10 reps
Overhead Press - 4 sets, 10 reps

Day B
Goblet Squats - 4 Sets, 20 Reps
Split Squats - 3 Sets, 10 Reps (Each Leg)
Step-Ups - 3 Sets, 10 Reps (Each Leg)
Dumbbell Swings - 3 Sets, 10 Reps

I don't have access to a barbell unfortunately.
If this is shit can you suggest something better?

I'd do incline dumbbell instead of press ups But hey, that's just me. Otherwise it seems fine, I would also maybe put in face pulls for that rear delt action.

Is keto a meme?

Can I lose more fat on keto 1600 calories than same cal normal diet?

What about only calories matter mindset?

Tah, m8

fuck that sounds good. doing it tomorrow.

I would guess keto is a meme but don't knock it til you try it. About the calories, probably not, and if there is a difference, it won't be significant.

If you want to cut, just start doing it, don't research all the meme its a waste of time. All of them work tho but so does the regular Veeky Forums diet.

Personally I go vegetarian so its rice broccoli beans instead of rice broccoli chicken

Protein profiles of rice and beans compliment each other nicely and beans are cheap as fuck.

You have to get angry and aggressive

no other way, he clearly does not respect you in his drunk state. he will only respond to fear

Do pick related

if you only have dumbbells swap back squat with goblet squat

im 6'1 167lbs still trying to lose weight about 16% bf atm lost 30lbs so far, my question is how do I find out how much food I need to eat that is less than I need to maximize gains and weight loss

Does sugarless coffe and tea count as water in terms of hydration?

Some teas are diuretic and make you piss more, so that would make them inferior to water in terms of hydration. Don't know about coffee.

Same with coffee. Choose your tea carefully if you're trying to stay hydrated.

I'm trying it now, started about a month ago

one thing I definitely like is hunger control, I think it has to do with insulin levels throughout the day but I only feel hungry every ~8 hrs or so. when I was on much higher carbs, I got hungry a lot more often and it was easier to cave in and eat something.

I think I've hit some kind of wall with my bench.

Every other lift has been seeing steady improvement since I started lifting but my bench has basically increased by maybe 10kg over the last 5 months. Here's an example-

EZ Curl bar
>Starting weight/reps/sets
20kg, 8, 4
>Current weight/reps/sets
45kg, 8, 4

Bench
>Starting weight,reps,sets
40kg, 8, 4

>Current weight, reps, sets
70kg, 5, 4

I hate it because I can dumbbell press 36kg for 8 reps 4 sets. The fuck am I doing wrong?

i need a good beginner guide to cutting. something to recommend?

What routine are you on? Check your form.

I recommend reading the fucking sticky.

I had a PT who gave me this-

Bench, 6-8 reps, 4 sets
Decline Bench, 6-8 reps, 4 sets
Incline fly, 8-12 reps, 4 sets
Dumbbell Bench, 6-8 reps, 4 sets

Been doing that for about a year now, the only thing I added was 10 sets of 10 push ups. He's never commented on my form and I went through a phase of lowering the weight to make sure my form was good. Maybe I'm just getting it wrong however?

Thats pretty high volume, and if you go all out on every bench day no wonder you are not making progress. Try some basic 5x5 program or PPL split with some periodization.

how often do you do that workout? Many people find increasing frequency of benching from 1-2 times to 3-4 per week useful for increasing bench. If your dumbell press is so close to your bench you are probably push pressing and/or leaning back too far

I do it once a week. I'll try increasing the frequency to see if that helps.

How are you doing on that routine. Im strongly considering it next

3-4 bench days a week? You are fucking insane, I've benched once or twice a week for all the time I lifted and my pr is 152.5kg.

Is 2 mins between sets too long? I feel any less and I'm weaker on each exercise

No, I take up to 7 min rest between heavy sets.

I'm morbidly obese and as a result of this my calves and thighs are pretty fucking huge from carrying my fat arse around.

I'm losing weight at the moment and looking to start lifting too but I was wondering if I should stick to upper body exercise + cardio for now and ignore any lower body stuff until I'm nearer my goal.

Is this a sensible decision?

I have pectus carinatum so the bottom center of my ribs protrudes and leaves a very visible mark, I will provide a side shot after. However I also have mild kyphosis so the top of my back and neck area is rounded outwards so I look a bit like my neck is forward/I am slouching. Is there any way I can dimish the appearance they have a bit by working certain muscle group?

Side shot

Is this an ok 5 day routine?
PLANK
3 x 30s
SIDE PLANK
3 x 30s (both sides)
PUSHUPS
2 x 10 (incline/decline/flat)
PULL UPS
2 x 10
PULL UP LEG RAISES
2 x 10
BURPEES
2 x 10
DIPS
2 x 10

is this good 5 days a week long term?

I've got carinatum myself, obviously you'll always have worse aesthetic gains because of it messing with your chest seperation, abs are less visible etc. but I'm at the point where it's not noticable to anyone anymore unless I suck my gut in hard.
Just work out and don't worry too much about it.

No, it's better than nothing but still terrible
Just join a gym or invest in weights if you're underage.
There's no horizontal pulling or vertical pushing, way too much triceps work and killing your core first is retarded.

>There's no horizontal pulling or vertical pushing
can you name some, I'm willing to invest in weight if that helps

bump

I was sick this week and fucked it all up. 7 days of eating complete shit and not going to the gym.

can I do anything today to get back on track? I'm thinking about fasting all day or only eating fruit or something.

how much weight should someone who has been in the gym for 3 weeks using for calf raises?

there is no dedicated machine in my gym so i grab a 22kg dumbell with one hand and work the corresponding calf by standing on the edge of a platform, trying to keep balance.
my hand suffers from holding the weight but my calves just don't give a fuck.

doesn't your gym have a leg press? do calf raises on that

>fasting
>eating only sugar

that sounds fucked up, i would just go back to your routine like nothing happened.
i don't think it's wise to "go back on track" after a fuckup by doing another fuckup.
If you are on a weightloss diet i guess you could eat slightly less after eating a lot for a week, but you shouldn't do anything dramatic.

ok thanks user.

do you know how straight should i keep the leg?
also how should i place my feet on the edge? using a line perpendicular to the foot direction or following the toe-group-bones line ( which is slightly diagonal)?

why do guys constantly ghost me

Male Suicide rate is yuge.

High bar or low bar squats? I do low bar because it's more comfortable for me but I was thinking about switching to high bar so my quads can get bigger.

reeeee
don't ignore me
reeeee

no, you should keep training your legs too.

So I'm 21 years old, 290lbs/6'2 fat ass. I've been dieting 3 months now, every day (except maybe 4) I've been below 1900 calories.
I eat mainly rice, chicken breast, broccoli, califlower and carrots.
I also take whey protein (30g/day), creatine (5g/day), fat burner, potassium, vit C and B6, Fish oil and magnesium if this matters.

So in these 3 months I've lost 15 pounds and I stopped. Is there anything else I can do to lose more/faster?

I have gym pass, so bike/rowing machine/weights are no problem.
I can live with 1k calories easy, but I've read that in the long run it will fuck me up.
Pls halp

also my tdeee is 3300-3200 so im hard below that

tfw just want a fitness bf but somehow still get ghosted

Rows, be it dumbbell or barbell
Overheadpress of any kink

The first is possible doing bodyweight with inverted rows on a playground etc. but overhead pushing is not a good progression scheme as a beginner doing bodyweight training even when starting with pike pushups.

>I can live with 1k calories easy
You can't, it means you're miscalculating.
>TDEE 3200-3300
> I've been below 1900 calories.
>Only 15 pound loss
You're miscalculating.
Also creatine is doing nothing for you, stop taking stuff for the hell of it and actually do research about the stuff you put into your body.

Never goo to faar of your TDEE. 500kcal at max.
Look up Layne Norton "reverse dieting". You want to lose weight on as many calories as possible, because when you stall you can always downregulate your intake. You cant do that if you start with a big deficit.
and on a offtopic-ish notice, i would eat more varied. You should make tasty, nutrient dense and low kcal food. Because its a change in what foods you will eat and how. If youre going to eat plain old boring foods then you wont last. you will go back to old eating habits and gain weight again.

But if you can make delicious and healthy meals its no problems at all. Gordon ramsay and jamie oliver got lots of good, simple, cheap and tasty recipes.
You can find tons of them online. Just mix and try with spices and flavours. It will make everything so much more enjoyable. And youll learn how to cook. some recipes are really quick too.

I started taking creatine when I stared doing SL5x5
As for miscalculating - I weigh my food and search for it in myfitness pal - dunno if someone fucked up calories when he entered the product into the app. When there is no exact product I just input it manually from the package.

Thanks, Ill look into having more variety in my meals.
As for-500 kcal max, after 3 months @1900 I have no idea how am I going to eat 2500 without soda or sweets. Its like 1 or 2 more meals extra.

well, youre eating only half of youre TDEE which is very little. So you will have nothing to do when you stall.
PLuss when the deficit is too much youll lose a lot of muscle too.

Can one "recomp" oneself down to 10-12% bodyfat or do you have to consciously cut to get that low? Trying to follow sticky's advice and get that low before I do a proper bulk.

you have to cut to lose fat. "recomp" isnt really a thing. It only happens to beginners because they can gain muscle by doing anything. And its much slower then actually losing weight then bulk with a small surpluss.

ok, and how do I know when I'm no longer a beginner?

ill try to eat 2500 but im scared that ill start to gain weight

When you cant progress from workout to workout in a 48-72 hour cycle. While eating at a surpluss and sleeping enough. if you dont eat enough or sleep enough then you will stall before youre past the beginner stage.

When thats over you will have to progress to weekly progression.

you want to gain some fat. The difference between training at maintance/deficit and at a surpluss is night and day.
And its SO MUCH easier to lose fat than building muscle.
If you can 5kg of fat in a few months than thats good, because that takes only 5-6 weeks to lose, maybe less. But the muscle and strength youve gained will be a lot greater then if you just ate at maintance.

sorry, this comment was ment for another thread, not this one.

This is pretty retarded but it's bothering me. Yesterday I bumped my funny bone, I felt tingles up to my fingers then my elbow hurt a little. From then my forearm's been sore and kinda screwy and lifting hurts. I didn't bump it hard at all but now even my grip feels like shit. Can I just exercise though things like this?

it will pass, it may be a bruise around your nerve causing it. Hard to tell. just keep moving

Noice, thanks

just don't lock out your knees. put your feet in a position that's comfortable and allows you to flex your calves. I usually just have a little past my toes on the platform with my feet relatively close together.

also if it's a smith machine keep it locked with the safety bars up. you obviously don't need to go low and if you fuck up trying to find a good form you won't be anywhere near danger

I just masturbated and now I'm afraid I won't be able to lift as much as I did yesterday. I usually wait til after the gym as a reward but August Ames disgusting collagen got me bros.

Is there any logic to this at all?

I cant seem to find a pull up bar that also lets you do muscle ups. Either it is door mounted so when you would try a muscle up you would hit your head on the ceiling, or its a fucking ceiling mounted one which has the same problem as the first one.

>Uni's dorm has a small "gym" room.
>A nice dude who is leaving the dorm decides to donate his dumbells and shit to the room.
>Management takes the weights and says it's banned cause fucking floor gets scratched.

What do i do, i am a beginner?
Is there any good weight machine program?

love it

swallow your cum to absorb the gains that were lost

done