Help me get in shape by summer

Hey Veeky Forums, it's my first time using this board so sorry if a break an obscure rule straight of the bat or something. I've been meaning to get fit for a while and want to finally dedicate to it so I came here to ask for a little advice. I'm not terribly out of shape and am looking to get at the very least healthy, but preferably also build a little muscle by summer time. I know it's not too long from now, and I'm not looking for some miracle, but I would like to know if there is an optimal exercise I could use for a short period of time like that if I dedicated myself fully. Do you have any recommendations? I really know nothing about this so anything helps. Also, a side question, is there a good cardio exercise I could do that isn't as high impact as jogging? I'm pretty tall and it kills my knees but I know that cardio is where I need to start. Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

liamrosen.com/fitness.html).
4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Harsh's_Worksheet_(WIP))
youtu.be/Hz2HJCUb2U0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

read the fucking sticky faggot

read the fucking sticky faggot

If only there was something you could read that would tell you in the information you need.
Someone should stick something thing up

Listen, first you need to buy an oldschool Nintendo wii. I know it sounds crazy, but the active arm movements will tone up those arms and abs quicker than you'd think. Try to stick to mostly wii sports, as it is the most active game on the market. Personally, i love the tennis game because of the intense back and forth wrist action. Whoa I'm sweaty just thinking about it!

If the fat loss is moving at a pace too slow, you can spice things up with a Wii Fit to really get a nice full body pump!

Read the fucking STICKY FOR FUCKS SAKE YOU LAZY CUNT

Welcome to Veeky Forums
We don't like you, go away

Ignore the trolls OP, basically you need MILK. Fuck exercise, it's a myth. Getting toned abs is actually all about CALCIUM. I promise if you drink half a gallon a day alongside your regular diet and throw in 20 crunches a night you will have a 6 pack by June.

I'm sorry for posting this thread halfway through reading the sticky, but even after finishing it my question remains unanswered. Is it possible for me to be in shape by summer time by using an accelerated routine if I'm dedicated? - OP

Ya bro that's why everyone who works out gets abs in like 3 months

So would I go about that by doing a normal routine then? Will a normal routine really work in time? Should I just do a normal routine but speed it up?

>2 months till summer
Kek good luck bro

Starting strength is the routine for you

I sincerely hope you're trolling me bro. You can't be this dumb. Your best bet is to build a time machine and start last year

>hey Veeky Forums, it's my first time
Read the fucking sticky, faggot

Ok. Since I have a lot of time for the next hour, I'm gonna spoonfeed this shit to you.

See on the first page of Veeky Forums, there's a post that says something like "Read the fucking sticky" and has a dino running around on it? That's the sticky. There's a "main" sticky blogpost (liamrosen.com/fitness.html). Now a lot of people are telling you to read the sticky, and that's because you really should. It contains all the basic information in pretty easy to read stuff. SHould take under 10 minutes to read. READ IT FUCKING NOW.

It explains some common myths, how to eat properly and how to exercise properly. It's not exhaustive, but once you've read it, you'll know more than the majority of the population about fitness. You think I'm joking? I'm not. Read it. It's one of the best resources on the internet.

>Here's "Harsh's wiki". It's similar to the sticky, but I think he writes it a bit better. Much easier to read. If you wanna read this instead, that's fine. It's the same information just presented better. (4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Harsh's_Worksheet_(WIP))

ANyway, read the sticky before reading the rest of this.

Now I'm just gonna dump some shit you might find handy. Other anons can correct me.
>SS or SL are fine. SL has a really nice app (don't buy the premium shit, it's really not necessary) so it might be worth starting there. When 5x5 gets too much, drop down the 3x5. Just pretend you did the last 2 sets to keep the app happy
>Order some bodyfat calipers if you can; shit's awesome
>Include height and weight when asking for advice
>You're a beginner, like all the other out of shape people. Accept it and you'll leave beginner territory so much faster
>The 1g/lb of protein is for LEAN body mass. That means your 20lbs of fat isn't needed. Calculate bodyfat and put it into a calculator. Should give you your lean bodymass

1/?

You should have thought of this last year kiddo

youtu.be/Hz2HJCUb2U0

Here you go.

cont
2/2

>If you're retarded and calculating bodyfat is too much, multiply your weight by 0.8. That's a rough estimate of how many g's of protein you should aim for. 0.6 is minimum.
>Programs should always have bench, squat and deadlift in them
>Form is more important than weight
>Lifting for mass or strength at beginner natty level are the same thing. Get bigger, you'll get stronger, and vice versa
>You can't gain muscle and lose fat at the same time
>The previous statement is actually bullshit, you can when you're a beginner, but that's hard to judge and doesn't last long at all
>Fuckarounditis is a serious issue. Just fucking exercise. Even if it's not much. Do 15 pushups every day until you can go to a gym
>If you can't afford a gym google "bodyweight routines"
>They're routines that don't require a gym
>This is one of the few times searching reddit might be handy
>Cardio on rest days, or after lifting
>If you choose an IIFYM style diet, only 10-15% of your food can be junk
>Download myfitnesspal and track calories
>Use a calorie calculator, and either shoot for 500 extra a day (bulk; adding muscle and fat) or 500 less a day (cut; losing fat and a little muscle)
>250-500 cals a day is the range for a bulk or cut. Don't go above 500. Don't go below 250. I'm not gonna say this again. Just don't fucking do it.
>Cardio that doesn't fuck your joints is cycle or swimming
>Veeky Forums almost always has a "qtddtot" thread up. Those are "questions that don't deserve their own thread". Trivial shit goes in there

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Good cardio? Easy on joints and internal organs? Works all body parts?
Let me introduce you to
>ROWING
Just use an ergometer at your local gym, sure you won't get to see all the beautiful landscapes, but you will only work out for as long as you're capable (or you've decided)

I forgot to add;
You're not going to be super jacked by Summer, whenever the fuck that is for you Americucks.

That being said, in 2-3 weeks of lifting regularly, you'll start to be clearly gaining muscle. And the more often you lift, the better you'll look.

In other words, start asap, you won't be a goal body by summer, but you'll look better than you do now. THat should be your goal. TO look less shit than you do now.

>Andrew plz go