Are White Americans a distinct ethnic group?

I would argue yes.
Because the US created some weird ass combinations not seen anywhere elsebon earth.
Where in the world besides the US do you have millions of people who are half Italian and half Irish for example.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9vorbxST8SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=H-jHkQFVTVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>t. la creatura

Yes

El monstruo...

>
Where in the world besides the US do you have millions of people who are half Italian and half Irish for example.
Australia, Canada, and New Zealand. But I guess thy don't have the same nigger fucking heritage to make up for

I think a mix like mine is pretty strange even for the USA, and I have taken to identifying exclusively as American since I got the results.

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=9vorbxST8SQ

el ogro de las americas...

I always see this map and have wondered what "American" means in this context..

It's another "Americans think they are the only country that received massive Euro immigration thread".

>Where in the world besides the US do you have millions of people who are half Italian and half Irish for example.

We have these in Argentina. Also German/Italian, Anglo/Spanish, Italian/Spanish (the most common), and really weird ones like pic related. (Armenian/German)

98% white is not that strange

Mostly Scots-Irish people whose families have been in the US so long that they forgot where they were from originally.

Self-ID is very skewed in the South because lots of people identify as Irish who are really Scots-Irish.

>Armenians
>European

Maria Elena Walsh was Irish-Italian iirc

>Self-ID is very skewed in the South because lots of people identify as Irish who are really Scots-Irish.

Ulster Scots were super common. I'm glad people are taking dna tests though, so "Muh 1/64 native american blood cries out for revenge!" meme dies. My grandpa took one, and after that he removed all the native American memorabilia down from his house and started watching Vikings lmao

Well it was part of the same migration wave. There were no quotas against Southern Europe like in 1920s USA, that's how we got so many Italians, Greeks, Spaniards compared to the US.

American here, primarily Norwegian, English/Scottish, and German, with small percentages of other miscellaneous European.

I think we need to go beyond looking at national/cultural borders, ethnically I identify as American but my ancestry I would describe as broadly northwest European. It makes more sense to me to describe a region of ancestry rather than a specific nation.

Especially considering that those countries now are very different, culturally, than they were when my family emigrated a century ago or more. Also that the historical details for many people are pretty hazy or completely unknown. Ideally I'd call everyone by their deep ancestral genetic component (e.g. WHG, ENF, etc.).

>swarthy scandinavians
>white

Mostly English, Scottish, and Irish people who have been in the US for so long they've lost all trace of their ancestry.

> I'm glad people are taking dna tests though, so "Muh 1/64 native american blood cries out for revenge!" meme dies.

The issue is that a lot of native groups adopted childern from outside their group, intermarried with whites, and in the case of the Cherokee had whole sale immigration into their society.

If you were a settler back in the and could either buy land in the british/US controlled areas or get set up for free among natives would would you do? Why did the Cherokee do that for settlers? Two reasons, first they wanted European skills and technology. Second they viewed, rightly so, that doing so would earn the loyalty of each settler who took them up on the offer thus changing the balance of power they had with the British and later US governments.

By the time of their removal several new tribes of Cherokee had been made of mostly or wholly Europeans stock. These people lost land lost their lands just the same as the rest of the Indians (not a PC term, but not everyone living inside the Native American society were Native Americans so what the heck do you call them?) and got forcefully relocated just the same. Those people mostly re-entered white society when the western states gave out free land to white settlers.

WE

El atrocidad...

> Where in the world besides the US do you have millions of people who are half Italian and half Irish for example
Argentina, Uruguay and South Brazil

Thinly veiled /int/ thread

youtube.com/watch?v=H-jHkQFVTVg

Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Argentina and Uruguay

You're not special, Cleetus

ITT: People butthurt that a nation of "dirty mongrels" outperforms their third world shithole.

Maybe people who've been here for 400 years, real Yankees. But not the shitters who came here 150 years ago or less.

Most of those bloodlines were ended in the civil war

Not really. I'm still here.