Abs, yeah

I know, it's rather dumb question to ask, but still. I am trying to work with my abs for already 3 weeks, doing crunches every second day, but still no effect. (muscles don't even hurt the next day)
My neck suffer most of the time, and yeah, I know that I should "do the exercise right", I watched like a bazzilion videos on youtube, and still can't do it right. It's just doesn't work.
Maybe I have completely atrophied muscles on my tummy, so I can't do even the most simple crunches.
So, could you advise me some very simple exercise? Like, for cripples, or little girls, I dunno.

Other urls found in this thread:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c1/c5/2d/c1c52d75bcc89a0473db6ff16e8c91ee.jpg
thankyourbody.com/do-not-do-crunches/
livestrong.com/article/483473-are-situps-crunches-bad-for-the-spine/
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/2nz513/why_you_shouldnt_do_crunches/
youtu.be/kp1qOULDwXA
youtube.com/watch?v=8jyhJ6TiUPA
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

crunches?
and that's it?

and then only every SECOND day?

If crunches aren't working for you, do planks, and/or get an ab roller. Also, add alternating twists to your crunches, or do them at a decline. although if you're neck is hurting, you are doing them wrong and should either clean up your form or switch to a different exercise (do not put your hands behind your head or neck when you do them).

Yeah, don't you need muscles to rest for 1 day?
I also tried lifting legs on horizontal bar, but my hands got tired faster than my stomach.

Just do fucking leg exercises and eat right.

Planks, right. Does it actually work? I've tried several times, and got the same result - hands, legs, ass are strained but stomach muscles don't feel anything.

muscles like forearms, abs, shoulders and calves can be worked everyday

Well, most people say it should rest, though. But alright, I can do it every day, guess I should try that.

You're either bait, or you need o read the sticky

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c1/c5/2d/c1c52d75bcc89a0473db6ff16e8c91ee.jpg

Been there, done that. Loin hurts, muscles don't.

>doing crunches

stop

literally this exercise snaps your shit up

do planks, hanging raises, russian twists, anything but crunches

Google 8 min abs u faget.

your neck hurts because you're not using your abs

just doing it the motions wont get you results, you need to think a little and pay attention to what muscles your body is using

my guess is your so focused on completing a certain number of sit-ups passed your body's capability so your using your neck muscles to pull your body up

If you're looking for help on how to do something other than a general program that focus the whole body, if you just want "abs", you're in the wrong fucking board.

>REAAD THE FUCKING STICKY

I can't do even 1 time without using neck, though. Also I am not sure, how to relax a neck and not using it in process, it's kinda connected, if I want to raise my body, I need to pull a neck forward.

>neck muscles
>pull your body up

HUH

How the fuck does THAT work

do standing cable crunches, zercher holds, jefferson deadlift

crunches are bad for you, desu
pic related

if this is not bait, I do Manna and FL progression from Foundation for abs, over at /bwg/ we have the routine, here

What d you have access to and ill give a a program

whos abs are those? They're perfect.

>What d you have access to
Uh, only my body.
Obviously not mine.
>crunches are bad for you
I know, but why? Because I am too weak for them for now?

Ab wheel and weighted side planks and stomach vacuums and kettle bell swings every day

You have to actively engage your core during swings, though. It's very easy to blast swings without bracing.

>FFS
Get a pull up bar and do pic related.
Also eat less and read sticky

>eat less
I eat 500-700 kkal per day.

no you don't.

Yes, I do.

if you ate 500-700cal you would look like an Ethiopian. So unless you are a starving, bloated little african child, you do not eat just 500-700cal per day.

Maybe he's a neet and has a TDEE of like 500, because he doesn't move ever. It happens.

>you would look like an Ethiopian
If I starved myself for years, yes. But I am starving only for a few weeks.
Yesterday breakfast. + a bun in the evening.

Show body pick
Get to a gym and bulk the fuck up
>Pics related

2/3

thankyourbody.com/do-not-do-crunches/
livestrong.com/article/483473-are-situps-crunches-bad-for-the-spine/
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/2nz513/why_you_shouldnt_do_crunches/

that's good recommendation, rather meh progression, but better than nothing, pic related is my recommendation, more in

>body pick
No, please. I am too fat for this. I'll happily share, when I completely annihilate my belly, but not now.
The main reason of abs training is trying to get some muscles there, because even anorexics have bellies, if they don't train muscles.

Here's the thing about abs: They can take a beating. Just because you don't get crazy doms doesn't mean they don't get worked.

I have a question.
Why only 8 repetitions? I used to make squats like 5 sets 50 repetitions each. If I'll make only 8, does it actually do something? Explain, please.

very true but you do them to strengthen the muscles all around your hips because isolating the 6pack only will lead to pain especially with most ab exercises involving the hip flexors a great deal which you can counter with a kettlebell because you're always hitting your glutes

for a woman though I'm not sure if they're ideal because your forearms will grow, maybe 'heavy' low rep deadlifts would be better in theory but that's a risky prescription to give somebody without knowing their condition

>Being this much of a bitch
Chose one of the programs buy pic related and stop making threads

he was on gear in that pic

also literally 5'3

This is my first thread, come on. And I appreciate what anons posted here.

Wait you made more threads like this.
Fucking use qtddtot and get a gym membership and stop being a bitch.

People tend to have bad form when doing planks that takes the stress off the abdominals. Make sure you're tensing your glutes throughout the entire duration.

No, seriously. I can't imagine muscles can even slightly got tired because of 8 repetitions.

this x1000

focus all your energy on squeezing your buttcheeks

I tend to work in abs at the end of each day when I've finished my main set but I'll alternate it:
A - Russian twists & Bicycle crunches
B - Straight sit-ups & Hanging leg raises

I've got some definition starting, I'll mix it up with some planks every now and then. See pic.

>But I am starving only for a few weeks.
You retard, you FUCKING RETARD.
You are literally the FUCKING MEME of bad dieting.
If you starve yourself your metabolism will slow down. If you are doing it "only for a few weeks" then by the time you eventually start eating normally, you will fucking overeat, couple with the slower metabolism you will regain your weight and then some.
God how do you manage this, you literally are the fucking meme of a fucking normie who instead of getting a healthy diet, chooses to go for some fad diet or starve for a bit to lose weight faster, only to fucking lose it all later anyway.

I don't understand this picture, is it not acceptable to strive to have the body of a greek god?

can I substitute arnold presses for standard OHP? or is there not a difference between them?

females are capable of only very limited amounts of hypertrophy without chemical aids.

the fact that your abs are as prominent as they are makes you relatively blessed.

abs are good

no abs are good
women have it easy
whatever they do is fine.

yeah, i'm not saying you won't be able to find anecdotal evidence against that point.

time to read the sticky.

Yeah, well, who told you I am gonna stop. Few weeks past, several more to go. After that I'll just make my weight stable, around 55 kg.
I am male. Op pic is random.

I just wanted to post two pictures m8

>Yeah, well, who told you I am gonna stop.

I told I that I am starving for a few weeks. Where did I say that I stop?

>55kg weight is goal
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

wut?

1. train abs in a calorie surplus
2. cut below 15% bodyfat
3. if you still "don't have abs" stay in a deficit and run clen for 2 weeks

I dont usually like abs on girls but holy crap I would give my little toe to eat breakfast off of those

>just crunches
You god damn pleb thats not enough

Do 3 sets of crunches, 3 sets of leg raises, 3 sets of cocoons, 5 minutes worth of planks (hold it as long as you can) and some DB side bends.

Doing 1 exercise for abs is like only doing curls for arms, you know other muscles exist there right? The Abdominal muscle is fucking huge and resilient as fuck, it takes a lot of work to target all its areas.

Doing it every two days is fine though.

They honestly don't work the abs at all. Hanging leg raises or laying leg raises destroy my abs. Hanging leg raises, planks and Russian twists master race

youtu.be/kp1qOULDwXA

I don't even do progressive overload or anything for abs. I just do each set for two minutes

>open video
>see suggestion for athlean abs
>go to that instead
>youtube.com/watch?v=8jyhJ6TiUPA

>PROMISE
nice clickbait

All his videos are clickbait

but he knows what hes talking about

Cable Prayers 4x20
Ab Roller 4x8-12
Decline Russian Twist 4x12-20

>he posts the fuckin thumbnail
Gg, user.

>snaps your shut up
How?

You have two options in order to get abs.
1. Get lean lean as fuck
2. Do weighted abs exercise in order to get them big enough to show from under your fat.
Body weight exercise wont cut it for abs.

>Body weight exercise wont cut it for abs.

the biggest load of bullshit i have ever heard.

Planks, nigga. Hold for 60 sec, rest 30. Repeat a total of three times.

Also, stop eating shit food. You need to lower your body fat percentage if you hope to see them.

>doing cardio
>expecting muscle growth

It's an edit of a fat woman looking at a fat woman painting

Oh, guys, another question. Why, when I do pistol squats, muscles are straining on the wrong leg?

Why dont I have abs? I'm 25% body fat but I do sit ups so wtf is going on?

because body weight squats are less hard than holding your leg out at 90 degrees for an extended period of time.

>muh body weight is fine lol

How do you know your body fat percentage?

>>expecting muscle growth
tape measure

idk but i can p much see my ribs

Tape measure? Wha... how the heck does it work? You measuring you waist or smth?
Yeah, I guess. Shrimps are somehow much easier to do.

You're not doing them right then. Your stomach should be burning.

Also you need to eat less. You can't spot reduce.

you're fucking dumb.

No, seriously, advanced shrimps are much easier to do. Why?

>Yeah, don't you need muscles to rest for 1 day?
I literally have only 1 rest day. Two at max if I take another one. I just make sure to sleep enough

>Planks
>Ab Wheel
>Dragon Flags
>Hanging Leg raises
etc etc

as a general rule, your core can be worked everyday because it is constantly being used for balance.

got a source on that senpai?

How important are ab specific exercises when doing a PPL routine? Because I pretty much read that close to zero.

>Tape measure? Wha... how the heck does it work? You measuring you waist or smth?

Kipping basically, throwing your head forward to give you the momentum to lift your torso, rather than keeping your head and neck still and only using your core.

yeah don't do any spinal flexion

especially not weighted spinal flexion

real bad for your back t. Stu McGill

do hanging leg raises

>an ant browsing fit
and i thought i had seen it all

>weighted exercises aren't good for core development
Stop replying to my posts with your retarded shit