What does Veeky Forums lift for?

let's settle this, boys and girls.

strawpoll.me/12527166

Every fucking day.
You make these threads every fucking day.

I want to move mountains.

I certainly do not.
For those that vote other: care to specify?

aesthetics and homoerotic adventures in the lead. can't say I'm surprised.

I want to humiliate women the same way they hurt men by making them attracted to me leading them on and turning them down.
I gain nourishment from their confused broken spirits.

i like it

I'm trying to shift my need for alcohol to cure my depression to improving myself to feel better

Also compensating for hair loss

>Veeky Forums is gay

Consider me surprised.

I lift to impress people that haven't been in my life I'm more than 5 years
Sometimes I imagine going back in time to highschool with the body I have now, playing sports, and actually having a social life
I also imagine going to my reunion and for some reason being the only person whose improved their life

It's such a fucking stupid thought that I can't get rid of, it's literally impossible to happen yet it dominates my thoughts every day. I lift for the approval of people who aren't in my life anymore and who will never be in my life again as if I could just bring them back by having a body that's barely above dyel

Lifting is a part of taking control of my own life. To change my exercise habits and eating habits and sleeping habits, and see the result of that willpower exertion.

I lift to assert that I am in control of my life situation and not some powerless victim blaming genetics, society, jews or niggers.

I used to have the exact same thoughts about the reuinion because I wasn't cool in high school. I still think about it sometimes now, but a lot less than I used to do.

I don't really know how I got rid of the thoughts and the need for approval, but I think being broken down a few times had something to do with it.

If you resist reality and wish you were somehow different, the difference between the "map" and the "terrain" (your perception of how it should be vs how it is) will cause you more and more pain until you break down and accept where you are. Then you can focus on moving forward.

I don't know, really.
Being strong would be nice. Being aestethic would be nice. Banging girls seems nice.

So far, none of those things are have happened yet. Being in shape is nice though. I like having better endurance than everyone who sits in a chair most of their day. But I can keep that up with just cardio.

Why the hell do I even lift?

glory

Being Veeky Forums makes such a small change when it comes to how much girls you will bang its retarded the way this board thinks about it.

The mindset and the character toughness that you develop if you successfully become Veeky Forums will help you get laid more than your Veeky Forums body. If you want to bang girls, go to nightclubs and push your comfort zone. It will give you about 100 times the results per hour invested compared to the gym.

The best is to do both but its naive as fuck to expect to become "that guy" from lifting alone.

>tfw not home and cant moosepost

Carry the torch for me, bros.

i lift for moosefix

Pfft the best women go nuts for massive muscled physiques. The problem is they expect the guy to have a perfect huge physique and be available immediately. If you are not instantly filling that opportunity they lose interest really fast.

for you.

a cute

>eats meat
D D D D R O P P E D

D

D

D

R

O

P

P

E

D

Anyone got sauce on the jacket?

Dropped what, your vegan soy latte, you fagan?

rollan

>someone bothered writing down a thousand le funny meme genders

strength has caught up with lifting for women and gay stuff. seems like /plg/ has woken up.

Lifting helps my depression. Used to chase bottles to run away from it, realized the hole was just being dug deeper.
I lift because I know there are friends and family that look up to me and want me to do the best I can each day, that my parents ain't raised no bitch who doesn't hold the self-discipline to hit the gym five times a week and motivate a healthy lifestyle gravitating towards success. They worked too damn hard to see me fail.
I lift to keep a regime in my day to day, to humble myself with constant failure, climbing a mountain that gets taller with each step, reminding myself that though there is no peak, I will continue to tower over competition, knowing that the minute I stop to take a look at the view, I risk catching my breath and taking a rest.
I lift to keep my mind in reality, to feel the adrenaline and agony that keeps me docked to the five senses. How can I make a difference in this world if I can't perceive it?
I lift because I want to.
I lift because I have to.
#FOCUS

Good choice bro.

She goes to my gym but I'm too autistic to talk to her
>notice me sempai;-;

personally, I identify as wu-tang

Traps

>no hitler option

What are you doing op

rell

fine, what's the worst that could happen?

>not knowing about the fixed moose

That's a man baby.

She's with this skeleton.

A shame.

Mainstream Media gender go, gimme 518.

rollign for 111

what should I identify as today? lets see

Fyark

Let's be Tumblr for a day, fuck it.

To make my girlfriend increasingly insecure, and for her fear of me leaving to drive her to improve herself.

helps with my depression/ self esteem issues
to spite my ex etc

Enlighten me bruh

railing

I'm exactly like you. It's because I suffered deep anxiety back in highschool, and I wish I could do it all over again.

OP here, I guess the results are in.

Roroooooroo

Oh well

This strawpoll doesn't work though, because a lot of the people who's main goal is strength will also pick aesthetics. But the people who's main goal is aesthetics will not also pick strength.

This means you've got x+y voting for Aesthetics but only x voting for strength.

Sad.

Just did something that lost me my gf and most of my friends.

Used to lift because it felt good, will now be lifting to distract myself from how shitty I am.

For 'er

I used to use women as my motivation but since I'm handsome and tall enough to get my fair share of girls with no problem, I haven't been motivated by that anymore.

Now I'm mostly motivated by just wanting to enjoy looking in the mirror more. I want a hot body that more complements my face

What happened?

No. I lift for me.

Roll

was really drunk and took xanax at a house party, woke up the next day and turned out me and my friend's gf had kissed (I had no recollection). We'd done it before like a year ago and only my friend knew, he managed to forgive me.

Worst part is that I was really content before, I didn't even want to get with his gf (though I did fancy her some years ago).

Feel sick with regret and haven't been back to my house since, he said he wanted me to move out (yes...I live with him). Think I'm going to quit drinking except for a few drinks in any one night.

FREEDOM

FUCK ENGLAND

i lift for Scotland

I don't even lift and actually really want to but its something that i can never bring myself to doing or sticking too. I have lost my discipline and I have been destroyed. These days I pray for strength when I will finally return to the gym

I don't even know why I don't go to the gym, its kind of my routine these days to not do anything after work :(

Enjoy mass spreading of Glasgow m8.

IVE SAID IT IN 20 WHY DO YOU LIFT THREADS AND ILL SAY IT AGAIN

I LIFT TO LOOK LIKE BATMAN

>BRUCE MOTHERFUCKIN WAYNE BITCH

AYE BUT AT WHAT COST?

>61-21

did anything happen?

This 100%, sorting myself out and lifting is helping a lot

Well, that's perfect. Moose is British.

for Rugbyfu of course

>she

She's dating Aaron Ramsey?

How the fuck is this person possible?!
Is it the same reason it can't be possible for me?
I lift because if I miss one day it will make very upset.

to be able to bash easily and to withstand bashings

roll

Horrible options, I'm surprised such a small amount of people picked other.

roll

i came to this board for running tips and now i see a girl I know irl dominating a whole thread, what realm is this

I feel nice after lifting

Yea, some shit happened and I've been stuck in my mind for some time now

Trying to break out of it and force myself back in the gym on a weekly basis

>It really only takes 3-4 days a week and lowering calories by 200-500 below and you can lose weight however i cant even lift weights for an hour and a half once a week

I picked other. I lift because I hate fat people.