Is pic related a good butt routine?

Is pic related a good butt routine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gCXgJzJa5TE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no, you should look into SS+GOMAD

SS bodies are gross

ur gross

Yes, which is why I posted it in that shitty thread.

It's mae by Caladan, a Veeky Forums trip, and he field tested it on 2 women with good results, and was testing it on a third. That's the second version, which he tweaked because the first could have been better in a few areas.

Anyway, yes, it's good. Follow it's advice. Any questions? Do you want more specific info?

Fuck off and die newfriend, or lurk moar. THe idea is to get MORE fit chicks, not turn them into "I did SS for 3 days but didn't get hot waaahhhhh" shitposters.

im worried there's not enough volume and i read that people stall hard during 5x5 squats

oh and would i fuck it up by adding exercises?

Gimmie some information on you first. WHat's your height, weight and exercise level? Prior lifting history? Done any exercise before? What are your current lifts?

And as for the volume, it's fine. It's relatively high reps for most of those exercises, plus lifting heavy. Add onto the fact that you're lifting 3x a week and expected to do cardio on in between days, and it's definitely going to add up. Since I'm assuming you're a beginner, yes, it's plenty.

As for 5x5, yes, some people stall. But you were talking about too little volume just a second ago, and 5x5 is a lot of volume right there. I'm actually not sure why he's put it in there, but if I were you, I'd do 5x5 until you do stall, then drop down to 3x5 and continue on on your merry way. It won't happen nearly as soon as Veeky Forums pretends. That's what I did back in my SL days, and it worked fine.

And which exercises do you want to add, and why?

I was thinking that you have to do 2 exercises per body part...

Anyway, I'm 5'5" and 145 pounds...
I run and do kickboxing.
I have never lifted before. I've just been reading about stuff.

I wanted to add split squats to the B day, calf raises to both days and replace the glute bridges with high rep unilateral hip thrusts and replace the donkey kicks with pull throughs??? I'm not sure if this sounds dumb.

Oh and maybe use the hip abduction machine on both days because I want wider hips.

>I was thinking you have to do 2 exercises per bodypart

No, that's retarded. Besides, this workout has compound movements. What that means is that they work multiple bodyparts.

Your height and weight are fine, so there aren't any issues with you doing this.

Running and kickboxing is good, but lifting is a different game altogether.

As for reading about stuff, I recommend you read the sticky. YOu can definitely do the routine in your pic related; it's actually got all the components of SS anyway (squats, deadlifts and bench press, albiet dumbell bench), however Caladan re jigged it to be more in line with the goals of making a chick into a fit chick.

As for adding split sqauts, no. You already have squats.
Calf raises you could add to both days if you really want, but it's probably better to hold off on them, and run with proper form. THat'll do more for your calves than calf raises.
Replacing glute bridges with weighted regular hip thrusts is probably fine; they're pretty much the same thing anyway. Up to you.
Replacing donkey kicks with pull throughs is a no go. For starters, they're nothing alike. And also, donkey kicks are a big part of this routine. They were actually put into V2 (this one) to replace something else since they work much better.

As for using the hip abduction machine, there's not really any point. If you absolutely must, do it after all your lifts, but I recommend against it.

Anyway; tl:dr, you're a total noob to lifting and shouldn't fuck with Caladan's program, since it has worked, and will work on you. If you fuck with it, then it either won't work or won't work as well as it could. And that defeats the purpose of doing it.

Any more questions?

but there's no deadlifting on the b day so i thought that split squats for glutes would be okay
what makes the donkey kicks so special?

>It's mae by Caladan
TRASH

Deadlifts are once a week because it's very taxing on your CNS. THere's a deeper reason that the routine is set up like it is, other than "this trains that". Split squats for glutes just isn't necessary; there's already a tonne of glute work in there is you don't remove it.

And donkey kicks are special because they're effective. That's really the only reason you need. Do them with proper form and they'll get you a lot further than pull throughs.

Donkey kicks can't be done heavy though. That's why I'm confused. I just wanted to do something I can add weight to.

Why do you say that user? He actually trained people with it, so it clearly works.

So? You're doing heavy squats in addition to it, plus other glute exercises. It doesn't matter you can't add weight to it. Do the program as is, an then address it's shortcomings after 10 weeks.

Okay. Final question. How does this compare to the routine in the OP? It's only part of a total 4 week routine from an IG model, but yeah.

Hopefully the picture can be seen because I'm on my phone lol

Ig models are notoriously shit at programming. They're there to look good; their posted routines are usually shit that their out of shape followers can do to feel good, and maybe even make a little progress.

Anyway, more specifically; the IG routine doesn't have squats, deadlifts or bench and no OHP. THat right there is a shitload of very effective exercises gone. Also it has more isolations than decent compounds; that'll make you look weird and not that great.

I'd recommend you try Caladan's routine out for a bit, as is, with the cardio using proper form on rest days, and take progress pics at the start, and end of at least 2 months, preferably 3. Once you have that, you can see where you're lacking, and address it then. But I'm guessing (and hoping) you'll make some serious progress.

I'm actually interested in the results myself, but I'm a dude, so if I did the program I'd probably look weird.

THen how do the IG models themselves look good? Superior genetics? I see some IG girls on YouTube do like 60+ reps of squats and deadlifts and they look good. Lean, but good. I want to be more thicc but I'm not sure if lifting heavy or high rep, high frequency "meme" routines work better.

Combination of a few things:
>Roids (sometimes)
>Trainers
>Not doing the programs they claim to do (this one is the most frequent)
>Really good genetics
>Good makeup/clothes
>The fact that they're all really good at taking pictures; it's how they got famous
>Training for a really fucking long time; if you try to cut down a tree with a handsaw, you'll eventually get through; doesn't mean it wouldn't have been easier to use a chainsaw

Sian Walton was posting a few pics a while back of what she looks like in her images, vs what she looks like a day later when she's not dry, has eaten and is not pumped. Apply that to IG models. In their pics, they look awesome; in real life, not quite as awesome.

Anyway, to get thicc, you need to add muscle in the right places, then you need to lean out by removing any bodyfat you don't want. While lifting heavy, you'll likely do both to an extent.

Lifting heavy stimulates muscle growth, which is the way you become a fit chick or an IG model as opposed to a skinnyfat basic bitch.

Anyway, what I'm saying, is read the sticky. Do Caladan's routine. Eat enough protein, and slowly gain muscle. If you get too fat, go on a quick cut. By the end, you'll look great. Ignore the majority of IG model advice; a lot is really bad.

For anecdotal evidence, Gf's sister is an IG model. It's hilarious because she lifts heavy constantly, and does no cardio. I was present when a family member of hers was talking to her. The family member was talking to her about how she wanted to "tone" and was doing high rep stuff and lots of cardio. Gf's sister basically told her to lift heavy. It was hilarious.

I also live in a hipster city, so a few female friends of mine are ig models (three are even actual models, kek. One I've been doing martial arts with since we were 14). A lot of them don't look nearly as good in real life as in their pics.

Any butt-routine without hip thrust is silly.

It is absolutely essential, but its the god damn best exercise for the glutes.

A lof of them do surgery do increase their butt, then they say its from exercise. Butt implants have really come far in torms of how real they look.

Some also have really good genetics and will get a great butt out of simply walking up stairs and do some lunges.

Alright. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try to do Caladan's routine without any additions/substitutions.
Oh and this is the IG girl I'm referring to who does a million reps
youtu.be/gCXgJzJa5TE
if anyone was curious.

DO hip thrusts! And if you dont believe they are the king of butt-exercises then check out Bret Contreras who is currently taking his (Ph.D) on the topic of glutes and glute training.

Training glutes without hip thrusts is like training legs without squats. Its silly to leave out the most effective exercise.

>THen how do the IG models themselves look good?
Most of them have been working out since they were teenagers. All that time is bound to give some results no matter how shit your program is.

how fucked is my shit senpai

Gotta agree with that guy on the Caladan program. It's got everything. It's the perfect girl routine. It should be hung on the walls of gyms.

Anytime, anonette. Good luck with your stuff, and hopefully you'll make it.

Also, if and when you ever become an IG model I will heartily kek and raise a drink to you.

Are you a girl or a boy?