"proven" broscience

ITT: Anecdotal evidence that you actually believe and works in your experience.

Other urls found in this thread:

jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-4-8
peerj.com/articles/2825/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Protein immediately after a workout speeds up recovery

Cardio makes it easier to hold on to muscle during a cut

Cardio burns muscle during a cut

Bcaas help my workout if I haven't eaten in couple hours and don't have time to eat before

cardio kills gains

Doing a cardio movement backwards every so often magics the brain and tissues to be better and not strained. Like running and cycling backwards.

Full body is superior to PPL or splits as a beginner. Because you get the same volume, but you train each muscle 3-4 times a week instead of 2.

This isn't broscience, its scientific fact. Its not limited to protein though. Eating anything after a workout 100% without a shadow of a doubt, increases recovery rate.

Whey protein right before and after a workout seems to work well for me.

Cheating on dumbell rows is better than doing it strict.
You can do more weight, more reps and is better for grip.

This. My legs were way too sore after a month of trying to combine SS with 30minutes of jogging 3 times a weeks. I stalled hard on the squat and deadlift and suddenly progressed fast as fuck after stopping cardio.

>scientific fact
get out of here with your weasel words

>carbs at night make you fat
>cardio kills gains
>keto burns fat way faster
>PPL is better for volume

the weird thing is that I've seen studies debunking every one of these things, but somehow they work for me

This isn't broscience either, full body is proven to be superior for new lifters. They even out over time, but new gains are seen much more quickly on full body.

>what is supercompensation and how does overreaching impact it.
>hint: fatigue masks fitness

1g per lb bodyweight. I've tried doing lower protein intakes, like .5g or even as low as RDI. That shit didn't work. I made my best gains on 1g per lb.

So I was gaining muscle, but I was too fatigued to improve performance?

This is not true and makes you look retarded

In what way is full body superior to new lifters who are just starting out powerlifting? In what way is full body superior to sprinters who just started using weight training to sprint faster?
Jesus christ Veeky Forums has gotten stupid as fuck,

Im not saying you should only cheat. i mean cheating as in using some leg drive. Try it. I havent found a better exercise to put muscle and strength on my upper back. and it seems like its helping my deadlift.

Something like that, it's not cardio that killed your gains, it's your body that wasn't adapted to the workload of jogging along with SS.

Well those are targeted goals, m8. Full body implies a more general approach and full body routines -> splits/PPL for that. Think before you get salty my man.

yeah, but you use less the muscle you're trying to hit, just like in curls, you think you're curling 40's but actually you are working your shoulders more than your biceps

>yeah, but you use less the muscle you're trying to hit

I think people here dont understand what i mean by cheating or have a picture of a guy just swinging weights around.

You use a bit of leg driver to get the weight up, then lower it slowly. So youll hit the muscle youre suppose to, but you also get better grip work, you can do more reps, higher weight, and more anti-rotation training (obliques).

youre not flailing the weight around.

I'll salt as much as i want

You can't really use that analogy, as one of your biceps functions is to move your shoulder forward. An example of this could be throwing with an underhand grip.

The biggest muscle and strength gains of my life happened when I ate like an absolute animal. I mean seriously, I stuffed myself every fucking meal. I'm talking 5-6 thousand calories a day.

I was 6`1 205lbs at 20% body fat, I was obsessed with getting stronger on the bench so I said fuck it. Im talking 2 "all u can eat buffets" a day of chinese food, sushi and grill. Protein shakes, protein bars, the works. I was eating like it was my fucking job.

surprise : I gained very little fat and gained ridiculous amounts of muscle.

GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG CMON

>that filename

hold the fuck up is that actually a polished turd ?

Ive gone this route and it sure as fuck didnt work lmao.

>I gained very little fat and gained ridiculous amounts of muscle.
I call bullshit.

SS is not a balanced program, it's an assault.

And what were you cycling?

>keto burns fat way faster
You're probably dropping more of the water you would've retained on a more normal diet

Nothing. It just worked for me. After some time of it i DID start gaining fat. It's unsustainable. My guess is that I had been underfeeding my body for the volume and intensity I was putting it through, and as soon as it got enough it ran with it like a motherfucker.

If it worked perfectly always I'd still be doing it , wouldnt I

Ever looked at omarisuf and his first dirty bulk? He did this and he thought he was big and muscular as fuck. Turned out he was almost 30% and had to cut down to under 170 to be ablt to see his abs.

I got my bench to 205, squat to 280, ohp to 140 and deadlift to 320 while still 175@5'9. I'd say it worked for me.

It's possible... but doesn't explain how my bench max went from 115kgs to 133kgs in 2 months :D

Exactly, but you weren't breaking your 10k PR in that same timeframe. It's meant to put a little meat on you and teach you the important lifts, which it does.

Not that guy but I think there's some truth too it. I'm still sceptical about the fact that eating after a workout is extra beneficial but read for yourself in this article
jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-4-8

this is what happens when you don't get your macros right

No. The protein synthesis enhancement is systemic and not restricted to skeletal muscle tissue, tha majority of the aminoacids are most likely going to be used by your IG tract and liver

You need to train your arms for them to get big. Chinups (even weighted) are not enough for biceps and push compound movements are not enough for triceps. Throw either some curls or triceps extensions or pushdowns in at the end of every workout if you want them to grow.

I trained for almost a year and still only had 13 inch arms. I've been doing curls and skullcrushers for like 2 months now and it's already increased to 13.5 inch. Shit works.

>cheat reps
>omg I can lift more weight
You're not the smart kid in your class, are you?

Holy shit, that's pretty nice, but it's nothing foreign for people with more fat on their frame to be better at benching. You're shortening of the ROM and your fat around your arms is acting almost like elbow sleeves when you're at the bottom.

why is it when you breathe out during a lift you can lift more?

Doing high intensity, low volume sets mitigates the need for multiple sets. As a newb/intermediate lifter you literally do not need to bother with 3x5 80-82% when you could just do 1x5 85-87%

>one of your biceps functions is to move your shoulder forward
It literally isn't

The general consensus in the sport scientific communities is that the post workout window has been abolished. It has more to do with meal timing and quality generally throughout the day.
If you haven't had any proper meals with quality protein, then yea it might be beneficial to eat right after a workout, or even better, have an intra workout shake with leucine. But if you have a solid meal plan you are sticking to, you don't need to eat after a workout, but again that all depends on what your PWO meal is composed of.

peerj.com/articles/2825/

In the end it all comes down to preferences and lots of varying factors. There isn't a single best way to eat that everyone should follow. And it is important to get this message out, too many discussion are reduced to shit throwing because everybody believe their own way of doing it is the most correct way.

>do explosive movement up
>heavier eccentric
vs
>moving far less weight up in a controlled manner
>lower the same relatively small amount of weight down on the eccentric.

The bicep tendon literally does function as shoulder stabilization when moving your shoulder forward, by pulling the humerus and humerus head.

Cognitive dissonance is one hell of a drug

Holy shit are you stupid.
The biceps is a 2 joint muscle, which originates from the front of your scapula above your shoulder and inserts in the radius, which makes it a elbow flexor (most commonly known) a supinator and a shoulder flexor.

>stabilizing=moving
Lmao no

It actually might be better for grip but the rest of this is just not true

So what? You're having a heavier eccentric and a lighter concentric, so you're missing out on the most important half of the reo

>but somehow they work for me
That's literally what training should be about. If you look at good coaches, they costumize routines for their athletes to fit them and give the best results even it what they're doing was proven ineffective by studies and whatnot.

Placebo also helps a lot. I read a study where they compared 3 groups. A was getting and oral steroid, B was getting a placebo and told it was steroids and C acted as a control getting nothing. A of course made the best gains but B made noticably better gains than C simply because they thought they were taking steroids. Crazy.

would you say getting good time under tension with more weight is worse then the same with less weight?

There are literally EMG studies proving that there is significant biceps activation during a military press, which is a shoulder flexion and elbow extension movement. Tell me how the biceps isn't aiding shoulder flexion.

your handling more weight, so the concentric is basically the same as you would do a strict row. its just heavier on the eccentric. You get the sime time under tension. Its just heavier.

Eccentric is more effective than concentric.

one of these 3 things solved my shitty cystic acne problem on my face and body
>cutting sugar almost completely out of my diet
>cutting oatmeal out of my daily diet
>summer ended and winter started so Ive had very limited exposure to the sun
Im not sure which one of those did it or if it was a combination of all 3, but something certainly cured the terrible problem

probably number 1.

sun is in general pretty ok for your skin as long as you're not over exposing yourself

Does fatigue affect recovery periods for "SS-like" linear progression schemes such that at some point there is too much cumulative fatigue to see progress in lifts? How about for more advanced weekly based training schemes (TM or example)? Assuming no or only very light cardio is done.

Basically, how much training is "overtraining" such that you need to account for supercompensation windows and so on?

You've got it backwards. Lifting during a cut helps you hold onto muscle. Doing cardio helps create the caloric deficit aside from just being good for you.

Increased intra-abdominal pressure via tension

>>cutting sugar almost completely out of my diet
Fuck that shit. There's chicks and dudes who eat sweets every day and don't get pimples, I'm not going to change my diet. I'm taking accutane. Shit works. I'd rather have a little try skin and use lotion that denying myself sugar.

BTW, my derm told me the only food that really makes a difference when your acne is genetic, is whether or not you're drinking milk and dairy products.

Cheat curls have their place in the routines of intermediate/advanced lifters whose bodies have already adapted to the strict motion. This logic also applies in the barbell compounds v. isolation debate, SS v. Body part splits, "muscle vs motion", etc.

THATS NOT WEALTHY HARPSICHORD CMON

I meant cheat rows but it applies to all "cheating"/use of body english

everyone is different user. what works for some wont work for others
>accutane
fucked my brain up. maybe even permanently. but again, maybe it wont for you

Anything that involves "shocking the muscle". Heavy day/Light day splits, Cheating heavy compounds with light high volume of the same motion either one after the other or supersetted. Shit like that that won't really have an NIH study on it because it's meathead minutiae type shit.

>added cardio to SS
>program didn't work
>stopped cardio
>program worked
It's almost like recovery is finite and you should've actually read the book and followed Ripp's instructions. You're not supposed to do cardio on SS for exactly the reason you discovered the hard way, after wasting valuable time and effort.

>he still falling for the squat and deadlift meme

>what is relative strength

You are fucking retarded

>overloading the negative is ineffective and looks stupid
No, you're ineffective and stupid.

I will get my very own temple ball one day

Are you using Scott's cheat and recover method? That's what it sounds like. He's been doing a ton of videos about it the last month or so.

It's his cover for doing roids and making people believe that it's a new supertechnique for getting gains

i think it may be otherwise.
the reason why is that the back is composed of so many different muscles and is so big, volume wise, that you have to cheat to train it properly. And it doesnt seem to affect recovery for this very reason.

Cheat curls is different as you train one muscle, and use cheating to overload it. or try to get more eccentric work in. Which will affect recovery time.

and that is my broscience reason for it.

ive seen some videoes of it. The first time i saw it as a protocol was with kroc rows. But he/she didnt really focus on the eccentric phase.

>fucked my brain up
Sorry, to hear that. I've read a lot and found there are some heavy side effects for some people.
I've been on it for 9 months now and plant on taking it for another 3 months or so. Haven't had any side effects aside from dry skin and lips, so I guess I'm lucky.

Lmao, the eccentric portion of the lift is the most important. You go to dummy school, dummy?

Recomping works

Look up "dorodango"

>Recomping works
what is it?

No shit Sherlock

>tiny traps
>average shoulders
>looked "fuller" after increasing bf%
Oh yeah, definitely roids. You know how to spot 'em, user.

You acted like a retard, but now you're sassing me for pointing out that you were retarded? Why are you even here?

Recomping isn't broscience though, it's real science and bros never do a recomp. They just bulk and cut.

you are for a hell of a discovery you newfag

>I have secret insider knowledge
Do tell, trustworthy user.

Look at this Clearly a steroid user. Acne. Boulder shoulders. Overdeveloped traps. Scott shows none of these signs, nor is he visibly more vascular or more cut than he was a month ago. I know people love fallen angel stories, but you're retarded to think he hopped on juice recently. What indication is there of steroid use?

nofap causes better skin and all acne goes away after a few days of it.

Your individual muscles can't comprehend strict vs momentum. They grow based on work output and how much effort it took. Using some leg drive is just as practical as going strict and they both have their place in lifting. I've always found using some momentum has better carryover in other lifts, and then lowering the weight and going strict helps to really refine the whole process.

You are fucking stupid if you think every roider ends like this

Just search for dianabol transformations in google, you will see thousands of guys who barely look out of dyel and used roids

If you are really fat or want to lose weight quickly, DONATE BLOOD, eat LITERALLY HALF OF WHAT YOU ARE USED TO, drink a lot of water everyday, and do a bit of excersice. Ive discovered this "cheat" by accident.

Not him. You realise that the muscle that you are targeting itself is not providing the (full) momentum? Are you suggesting that because you drove the weight with some other muscle, the weight has momentum (than a lighter weight) ergo the the muscle you are actually training is doing more work?

>really refine the whole process
and I'm not sure what even you mean by this