He doesn't do rack pulls

>he doesn't do rack pulls

Have fun snapping your shit up with the deadliftetty you deadlets.

Rack pulls are superior in every way, quicker and you literally cannot get injured.

I bet you still squat too lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VGZrATR1O4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jokes on you I don't even lift.

this

Is that Elliott? He looks like shit from a distance

Sickening bait m'lord

Some asshole was doing 6pl8 rack pulls with literally 1/4" ROM and slammed the bar back on the safety bar between sets and eventually warped the barbell making it unusable. Fuck rack pulls.

>rack pulls
why work the easiest part of the deadlift when you can just do a whole deadlift?

I bet he was bigger than you

they're not a good exercise.

it's literally just overloading the spine extremely for a little trap work

No, they're an assistance lift if you have issues with the lockout portion of the deadlift

Personally, I've never had trouble with lockout. I have issues with the initial pull off the floor, so I do deficit deads

yeah a bigger jerk hahahaha

t. dyel

Ayyyyyy lmao

Whats better, above knees or below knees rack pulls?

>little trap work

found the faggot that doesn't lift
rack pulls are literally the best exercise for trap development, doing them with 5 second holds at the top will make your traps more sore than anything else

I dont get peopel saying rackpulls are the best trap exercise when deadlifts are literally the same shit but more demanding for other body parts.

Below the knee especially if you have long arms.

Don't rack pulls build a much better upper back too? Since you can put much more weight on the bar compared to your deadlift

I'm lazy and don't want to have to rack all that weight back

I just leave it on

Found the faggit who's been lifting for a month
>he's never heard of clean high pulls or snatch high pulls
This board never ceases to amaze me

They're the best excercise for overloading the upper back. Check out alpha destiny. My back is exploding since I've added in rack pulls atk

Should I do rack pulls if my max deadlift is only 160kg? I've tried doing rack pulls and can do them with 180

bump

It's just ego lifting for people too lazy to deadlift.

You can literally say that about any two lifts. Doing something other than deadlifts doesn't make you lazy.

Rack pulls are for assholes who always end up bending the bar.

Then your gym has shitty, cheap bars.

Or just bars they care about.

I've trained in about a dozen strength gyms. Each and every one of them had a designated rack pull bar that was already destroyed because they were sick of decent bars getting fucked.

It depends what you are trying to do.
Above the knees is more to work on getting massive traps, it is the best exercise for them.
Below the knees is going to work more legs.

have fun destroying your body
dumbo

I have trouble getting into the bottom position for the deadlift with proper hip placement and back angle. Any advice? Would deficit deadlifts help?

If you can't get into position at the regular height, trying to get into an even lower position probably isn't gonna work too well.

I thought maybe it would force me into a harder position thereby making the regular one easier. Maybe not though.

>arguing that rack pulls are a great exercise because of traps work

ITT: dyels who obviously don't power clean

Sounds like a combination of bad flexibility and/or wide hips. Look up brian shaws advice on deadlifing if it's the latter.

Follow the 5-step deadlift from Starting Strength.
Your DL will be consistent every time following that.

belowbelowbelow
if youre gonna do above you might as well turn it into shrugs
two totally diff movements

I tried to follow it, and still follow part of it, but it doesn't work 100% for me probably because my hips aren't flexible enough. When I raise my chest, my back doesn't flatten unless I lower my hips. And I've seen on videos of people DLing that their hips are lower than mine. I consciously tell myself to lower my hips as I raise my chest which gives me a straighter back and proper alignment over the bar. My hips don't shoot up when I start the pull so it seems right.

Even with that, it's very hard to keep my back straight and I feel like I'm falling back and about to sit down on the floor. When I'm in position my quads are burning bad. Does everyone have this?

sounds like your hips are too low instead.
i think you have some problem with your chest bracing. also looking slightly in front of you rather than straight down may help with keeping your chest up.

post a form check for more help.

That's kind of normal for some people. The ideal deadlift start position tends to be one that you couldn't maintain without the bar acting as a counterweight.

Power shrugs are the best though. Better than rack pulls, better than cleans though only because it's a failed clean.

Ever since I ran out of weight for rack pulls, I'm working my way up to max power shrugs and I can notice my traps getting stupid big.

>Power shrugs
is this the same as the Clean Pulls?

Looking in front of me does help, but by the end of a heavy set if I do that my neck hurts so I stopped doing it.

Sounds about right then I guess. I figure if I just keep deadlifting as long as I keep my back flat throughout the exercise I'm not at risk for injury and will eventually get the hang of it as I get stronger and better able to maintain the proper starting position.

Pretty much, though you don't set the bar down and reset after each rep. You just keep going.

No, though they are vaguely related. Power shrugs are an explosive rack pull into a shrug, usually from a very high start point. Clean pulls are basically the deadlifts ROM done using your clean form.

Not him

>Clean High Pulls
>a meme
Nothing builds side delts like this while also working the traps. It's amazing how little this board knows about lifting. When you only read Rippetoe and watch Youtube idiots like Alan Thrall you set yourself up for fail.

Ok now what about an actual answer, because some people like alphadestiny advise to not do tack pulls until you can atleast do a 180 kg deadlift

Let me put it this way. "Chad" and his friends go and do the exercises they know will help develop that bodypart. They don't care whether or not they are ready (as if you will ever be ready to do a fucking exercise) just whether it works or doesn't. If you need permission to do an exercise, you won't get far.

How do I get better grip strength, my wrists give out faster than my back

The only guy in my gym doing those is some fat-ass powerlifter. The guy looks like absolute shit.

He looks better than you though

Cool bait

was stuck at 140kg deadlift for about 6 months, decided to add rack pulls at knee level around 3 weeks ago, deadlift is now 160kg and i can do 140 for a triple pretty easy.

also got the 200kg rackpull yesterday, that shits heavy.

Reminder that If you do deadlifts and you don't do good mornings then you can book a flight to snapville

When doing above knee RP, are you supposed to lift it and then just hold or are you supposed to go up and down? I usually just hold it since otherwise my ROM is like 3 inches

work on mobility

I nearly passed out rack pulling lmao5pl8, what am I doing wrong?

You're gay

cleans, power cleans, clean high pulls,

these made my upperback explode basically compared to anything else.

>do more work
>get better

gee who would have thought?

would probably have got more benefit from doing more regular deadlifts

Bar on the ground below

but you can't do those exercises with such extreme weight as you can do rack pulls

Are you tall?

no I'm 5'10

how? my deadlift 1x5 is at 150 kg and i can do rack pull with 260 kg. you have to use straps for heavy rack pulls

Well basically it feels like my lower back is too weak, but probably because I do below the knee rack pulls because there isn't a place in my gym where I can properly set the bar at above knee height, I'm pretty tall

Got injured from rack pulls, used bad form tho

Too weak core maybe? Thats where most of the energy goes on rackpulls, but desu it causes less of this light jeaded feeling than a normal dl, at least to me

i deadlift once a week, changed it so i deadlift once every 2 weeks, the second week is rackpulls. so i wouldn't call it more work desu.

>wants to get better at a lift
>never fucking does it
Sort yourself out

haha yeah its almost as if cutting out the more demanding shit for other bodyparts lets you use more weight working your upper back more

howboudah shii, cray innit?

Isolation? Idk

Grab a heavy barbell, hold it as long as possible. Repeat. Can do with dumbells too.

Hang from a bar as long as possible.

If you want to pay for stuff, captains of crush grippers and grips to use for dumbells/barbell that widen grip.

If you want to cheat, chalk/wrist straps

Use wrist straps. Alpha destiny deadlifts 585 behind the back and rack pulls 1100+ above the knee, you are going to need straps for that.
For comparison, first time I did them, I could deadlift 4 plates for a double and hit 545 for a triple on rack pulls with straps

You hold for the time under tension like 3-5s. Watch alpha destiny explain it. Think of a farmer walk, you hold the weight with no ROM after the first lift, and it's considered a good trap builder. Now if doing a farmers walk with 100 pound dumbbells is good by stretching the traps, what is a 700+ rack pulls going to do them

>and rack pulls 1100+ above the knee
That is just crazy weight, the only decent lift-off point I have at the gym is when I put the barbell on a bench, which still makes it a below the knee rack pull, I look autistic as fuck putting on the weight because I have to carefully balance the bar so it doesn't tip over to one side, there are long resting periods and the bar gets bent so bad, that's what you get for not installing any higher racks for weight you fags I'll wreck all your bars

fpbp

Nobody mires a rack pull with "extreme weight" unless it's normies who are miring.

youtube.com/watch?v=VGZrATR1O4E

Farmer's walks achieve overloading the upper back with greater weight than a deadlift and add in the work to keep it stable and actually move with the weight. Straps aren't really needed with them either, unless you have piss weak grip strength

ToOVERLOAF THE. UOPPPERR BACN LLKKKKV. ALPHADESTINY IS MY FATHER

>No, they're an assistance lift if you have issues with the lockout portion of the deadlift
Not really Tbh, that's what block pulls are for.

Deadlifts