Shadow King

Is Donald Trump the archetypal Shadow King? After reading part-way through this book they begin to describe the king archetype and it's less satisfactory offshoots: the shadow king.

>they seek to be seen
>get angry about criticism
>deep sense of inferiority
>exhibits questionable actions like adultery

Now this isn't a political thread, more of a consensus on the ideas of archetypes and if this applies to people today. It poses a compelling idea that many people today haven't developed from boyhood to manhood. I can see this as something that needs to be considered in modern society. And I believe that in Western society we are seeing this return through speakers as Jordan Peterson.
Please share your thoughts.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1pOnHjRK7BU
nytimes.com/2016/12/30/opinion/sunday/if-donald-trump-targets-journalists-thank-obama.html
bigthink.com/articles/barack-obama-narcissist-or-merely-narcissistic
telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/09/david-cameron-thought-barack-obama-narcissist-says-ex-aide-steve/
snopes.com/politics/soapbox/vaknin.asp
politico.com/story/2014/09/charles-krauthammer-barack-obama-narcissist-110975
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Now this isn't a political thread
Yes, but by insulting /pol/ babby's God emperor it will become one sadly

relax, we aren't in /pol/

>>they seek to be seen
>>get angry about criticism
>>deep sense of inferiority
>>exhibits questionable actions like adultery
this is literally more applicable to Obama. Trump just bitches about fake news on twitter, Obama was indicting journalist

You don't browse /pol/ much these days do you?

Obama is probably another negative manifestation archetype, but I believe many in politics: democrats and republicans alike are still boys in many ways.

Go back to /pol/

youtube.com/watch?v=1pOnHjRK7BU

As a Canadian, I don't understand this weird as fuck infatuation that the right has with smearing Obama. Can someone explain all the bad shit he's done and how he's a narcissist and whatever the fuck else Fox accuses him of being?

Politicians have been shit for last 50 years

Let's not make this a political thread.

In line with OP, it would be interesting to look at the psychological makeup of not just current US president but several former world leaders.

>this is your mind on trudeauism
nytimes.com/2016/12/30/opinion/sunday/if-donald-trump-targets-journalists-thank-obama.html

bigthink.com/articles/barack-obama-narcissist-or-merely-narcissistic

telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/09/david-cameron-thought-barack-obama-narcissist-says-ex-aide-steve/

snopes.com/politics/soapbox/vaknin.asp

politico.com/story/2014/09/charles-krauthammer-barack-obama-narcissist-110975

Krauthammer is a deranged right winger.

Sam isn't even a doctor.

>Sam Vaknin is careful to include a disclaimer on his web site stating that he is “NOT a mental health professional” (his CV lists no training, degree, or clinical experience in psychology, and his “Dr.” title derives from a doctorate in philosophy obtained from the unaccredited Pacific Western University

>Krauthammer is a deranged right winger.
Funny how your brain works where Obama isnt a narcassist at all at all, but Krauthammer is automatically deranged just for being right wing, even though hes a psychiatrist and a harvard graduate

I have recently been thinking that this issue of vice, coincides with the furthest of alienation of the people in Western society among each other. This is a result of rampant materialism, the ideas of the age of old has given way to modernity (in this case, our deepest of thoughts and ideas). Now we are just seeing the resurgence of this aforementioned ideas come to light, which I would assume is a collective reaction against the absurdity of the age.

Sorry, the parenthesis meant to indicate the old age of thinking, not modernity

Krauthammer is a kike.

I've seen some interesting articles on how the brain actually seems to shut off critical thinking centers when confronted with contrary evidence.
This, coupled with anecdotal experience, is why I have stopped debating. For years, I had the same tired arguments again and again, with no forward progress anywhere.
No point in even discussing it anymore.

Agreed. Even among "intelligent" people, it's useless. It's better to gain understanding on your own.

>DUDE IS DRUMPF LE SHADOW KING
>YOUTUBE NUPHILOSOPHER JORDAN PETERSON IS AN EPIC PIVOTAL DEEP GENIUS

>Implying shadow king is a good thing
>Implying Jordan Peterson isn't accredited