King Washington

Why did he turn the crown down? Let's be honest Veeky Forums -whether or not you care for monarchism- Georgie rebelled against a king who he saw as a tyrant, not against monarchism as an ideology and he knew that. What did he think democracy could achieve that he couldn't as king?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_scheme
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He didn’t even want to be president for more than a decade why would he want to be king

He was never "offered" the crown, so to speak. Had he wanted to be a monarch, he would have had to do so through military power. He very well may have been able to do this, but it would have been something he took, not accepted.

As far as power, he almost certainly had more ambition than most people give him credit for, but he legitimately seemed to prefer running his farm estate to wielding total executive power. Heavy lies the crown and all that.

founding fathers had a hard on for elections

Washington would have been a terrible king

George didn't like democracy.

>He was never "offered" the crown, so to speak.

Hell the guy they considered offering the crown didn't even live in America.

Nobody wanted to make America a kingdom you retarded LARPing faggot.

>hurr let's revolt from the king so we can establish arrr own king

America wasn't intended to be a kingdom, but an Empire. An Empire of Liberty. This was stated numerous times by the Founders.

>Nobody

Not quite true
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_scheme

I remember seeing on a History Channel documentary many, many years ago that Washington considered making himself king for a little while, until his son died.

Are there any indications of this in letters or diaries or such, or was just History Channel bullshit?

land owning literate white males only
Because he was a bourgeoisie revoutionary revolting against monarchs... to keep his slaves and his land and to pay less taxes

I remember thst documentary and the son dying but i dont think they talked about that part. Btw that “son” was his stepson jackie custis from marthas former husband, and washington hated that little shit and at the very least thought he was a degenerate

>hurr let's revolt from the king so we can establish arrr own king
Even a braindead highschooler knows the revolution wasn't against monarchy as a means of governance but against the tyranny of a specific monarch. Americans were not opposed to the rule of a monarch but they were, however opposed to the rule of King George

Because he didn't expect that we'd end up as a democracy. America was meant to be an aristocracy where only the land-owning elites could vote.

The early Republic was experimenting with a system that could be stable and self-sufficient, to make sure that tyranny doesn't happen again. A system that can fix itself (AKA elections, balance of power, et cetera)

That's why laws such as the second amendment (right to bear arms) was included, as a precautionary measure just in case the government becomes tyrannical. At least that was the intent.

>Why did he turn the crown down?
He was never offered a crown.

Is there any bigger mistake in American history than George Washington not becoming King?

>George Washingtons wifes son
kek

I don't think I'd like to see a King Washington but if Andrew Jackson somehow became king I'd nut

i don't think jackson would be down for kinghood

Most likely not, but since we're talking about a parallel universe I don't mind stretching reality.

One of the reasons might have been that he might have been infertile. He contracted smallpox while in the Caribbean in his youth, and never had any children after that.
Also, he didn't see the King as a tyrant. It was Parliament passing those taxes.

Fuck him, he had my ancestor killed for basically no reason.

>John Woods, a boy of less than 18 years, was a member of General Andrew Jackson's army during the First Seminole War in Georgia and Florida. One morning during the war, Woods was standing guard as a picket. As the sun rose, one of his fellow soldiers kindly offered to fill his post, while the hungry Woods made breakfast for himself. While he was cooking, an officer approached him and asked him to help with the removal of trash and animal bones from the encampment. After politely declining, saying he was standing picket, the officer proceeded to vociferously curse the boy out, drawing the attention of many in the camp, including General Jackson. The temperamental General ordered for ten balls to be blown through the d----d rascal. When none of the soldiers would comply with this order, Jackson court marshaled the boy on charges of mutiny and desertion, found him guilty, and sentenced him to be shot.

Soon after the end of the war, the United States Senate, prompted by rumors of multiple events like the death of Woods, launched an investigation into the conduct of General Jackson during the First Seminole War. Abner Lacock, a member of the investigation panel, personally came to the conclusion that General Jackson had an innate love of 'blood and carnage' and felt the need to tell the nation about his misconduct. Lacock authored A Letter to the People of Pennsylvania detailing General Jackson's misconduct. In this letter, he narrates the events leading up to the death of Woods, among others, and claims that Jackson deliberately lied time and again to explain his brutal and unwarranted actions.

>The First Seminole War was conducted on one of the frontiers of America, and one that was characterized by nearly constant violence. It was a war easily won, but with questionable goals. The end result was the sale of Florida to the United States, a result to which the United States denied aspiring; rather, Secretary of War Calhoun sent General Jackson to Fort Scott in 1818 to wage war on the Seminoles as retribution for attacks against whites-soldiers and civilians alike-in retaliation for General Gaines' sacking of an Indian town. General Jackson had public designs from the outset to rain punishment on the 'savages' inhabiting Florida. He was, however, in both his military strategy and conduct in leading his men, just as brutal and savage as he was towards those who he claimed to be fighting.

eh, Hamilton would have made the President a sort of economic dictator if he had the chance

No one cares about your fairytale ancestral escapade

In my alt-his, some book is published and circulated in the Colonies shortly before the War, which is heavily critical of democracy and was widely influential to the Framers. They ended up offering Washington the crown, officially, but he declined. Then they offered it to a very minor German monarch, whose tiny state had ceased to exist by 1820, and he married a niece or something of Washington.

Alright dipshit, well he was born in 1767, how the hell would he ever even become King?

It's an alternative history theory, dates don't have to match up dipshit.

that's fuckin gay

Close your mouth before I shove my cock in it

Oh yeah? What if I just hold it WIDE open? I'll call your bluff.

your mothers vagina is already covering it mate

Don't close your mouth and you'll get all 6 1/2 inches of my slightly above average sized cock in your mouth you homo.

I was born to 2 men.

>>hurr let's revolt from the king so we can establish arrr own king
that describes most revolts against kings

>>hurr let's revolt from the king so we can establish arrr own king

it did work in the past