Fedoras are based

Why did hats in formal wear fall out of fashion?

There are no more epically supreme gentlesirs in this WRONG GENERATION

Because they have no practical use anymore.

we don't have to walk everywhere anymore. not much use for a hat when you spend most of your time inside or in a car

Wearing hats only works if your hair is slicked back with an outrageous amount of hair product.

The male hairstyles of the last 40 years get messed up if you wear a hat.

Good looking guys never wear these, it's always obese ugly fags with zero fashion sense and zero self-awareness.

Is that jacket made out of old carpet?

Because good hair came into fashion.

The only poster so far who has a clue.

Hats have never been about practicality m'lad.

Fedoras only ever looked good on older men, not 20 year old obese neckbeards.

absolute unit

probably because your generation only saw old men wearing them when you were young

because they're a 20th century invention and fashionable people want something from the 21st century.

>Why did hats in formal wear fall out of fashion?

Did hairstyles evolve because hats were no longer worn, or was it the reverse?

If you invest in one that actually fits and wear it with appropriate clothing like OPs pic then it can look great. The image of hats has been ruined by edgy atheists and Internet autists. It needs to be reclaimed!

This

A better question is how formal wearing fell completely out of fashion? My grandfather, rest to his soul, wear a suit even if we were going to the supermarket and if you look at pictures of the time he was young every guy was well dress in the street.

This. Our virtue is apathy. If you look like you care, you're out of place.

fuck this gay earth

I know right. Even in jobs that were once formal you find guys in jeans and polo shirts. Even the richest people around dress like they live on the street. Compare photos of Harvey Weinstein to the old Hollywood moguls.

they think a hat can make up for the god awful sense of taste

America is a degenerate society where looking nice is "racist." you need to be dressed like a nigger 24/7 to fit in.

Is Jamal still bullying you, Cletus?

I wrote a paper that it was because of JFK. JFK rarely if ever wore a hat in formal wear when outside, and therefor in America it fell out of fashion... (and then of course as America leads the world in fashion, stay mad, the rest of the world followed)

Fucking JFK, I knew he deserved it

absolutely disgusting

It's those damn dirty beatniks. Am I right fellow /TrumanMen/
Not many people know this but JFK was actually a robot that learned to feel love before losing that ability