Why is Rasputin so well known globally? I get being well known in Russia but why is he so famous everywhere else?

Why is Rasputin so well known globally? I get being well known in Russia but why is he so famous everywhere else?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OBXRJgSd-aU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RA RA RASPUTIN

LOVER OF THE RUSSIAN QUEEN

youtube.com/watch?v=OBXRJgSd-aU

/thread

It's a wild story that follows along the common trope of crazy semi-mystical advisory leading an executive astray.

Is that song really the reason? I haven't even heard it before and I don't live under a rock.

Felix Yusupov who killed him emigrated to the west, wrote a book that became a bestseller, and basically spread bullshit about him how he was a zombie immortal sorcerer with a 30 cm cock who fucked the queen and other idiotic nonsense. What is weird thought that even in 21st century there are still people who unironically believe all that.

It's not very often that somebody born as a poor peasant somehow becomes the most trusted advisor to the ruler of the world's largest empire. I really wish we knew more about him and his relationship to the Romanovs. The commies deleted a lot of his correspondence when they took over, so whatever he was writing must have made them angry.

It’s more because of his cuckolding of various russian nobles and the story of the attempts at killing him
Which included: poisoning his food, poisoning his drink, stabbing, shooting, bashing over the head and finally they cut a hole in the ice on the frozen pond and stuck him under there
When the pond thawed they discovered that he had drowned

No man was ever subjected to such vicious and widespread slander as Rasputin.

That's a myth, once again invented by Yusupov. He died of a gunshot wound to the head as proven by autopsy.

This beer is one of the best selling stouts at my job, I wonder if people who buy it know anything about him.

Wasn't it at least multiple gunshot wounds though?

this pretty much

Well then the myth probably contributed to his fame

Fug

Yeah but the one to his head killed him. Also there probably either wasn't any poison involved because none was found in his system during autopsy.

Had it once, it was okay.

They might have attempted to poison him, but just didn't do it correctly. Baking cyanide into the batter of a cake just doesn't work because the baking process neutralizes the cyanide. So when the conspirators said that they baked cyanide into a cake, then they might have been telling the truth, but it didn't work because that trick never works.

>that follows along the common trope of crazy semi-mystical advisory leading an executive astray

I think he started this trope.

Also Rasputin wasn't that bad/evil as they claim. For example he repeatedly told Nicholas to stay away from wars in Europe, and there's absolutely no evidence he ever cucked him.
At worst he was just some folk healer that Forrest Gump'd his way into the tsar's favor, and nobles were buttmad that the tsar favors some dumb peasant over them.

Ever heard of Richelieu?

I forgot about three musketeers

The hysteria regarding Rasputin, both in Russia, and outside of Russia, was fucking crazy. It's actually quite surprising that he ended up surviving so long, given the amount heat he had on him. There was an incident where a man in the Russian equivalent of parliament stood up and said that Rasputin needed to hang to save the country. Just imagine that for a moment. Imagine some politician stands up in a formal setting and says you need to die when you've literally broken zero laws, and not only does he get away with this, he's applauded for it. Rasputin was attacked by random people in the streets on multiple occasions for literally no reason except that he was kind of spooky. There was also this crazy conspiracy theory that Rasputin was a German agent who was actively pulling strings to make Russia lose the war, just because he'd told Nicky that going to war should be avoided if at all possible. Somebody who is literally friends with an emperor shouldn't have to put up with that much bullshit.

Google Rasputin's penis.

>An autopsy was conducted by Dr. Dmitry Kosorotov, the city's senior autopsy surgeon. The report that Kosorotov wrote was later lost, but he later stated that Rasputin's body had shown signs of severe trauma, including three gunshot wounds - one of which had been sustained at close range, and to the forehead - a slice wound to his left side, and many other injuries, many of which Kosorotov felt had been sustained post-mortem.[68] Kosorotov found a single bullet in Rasputin's body, but stated that it was too badly deformed and of a type too widely used to trace. He found no evidence that Rasputin had been poisoned.[69] According to both Douglas Smith and Joseph Fuhrmann, Kosorotov found no water in Rasputin's lungs, and reports that Rasputin had been thrown into the water alive were incorrect.[70][71]
>Contrary to some later accounts that claimed that Rasputin's penis had been severed, Kosorotov found his genitals intact.
That thing they have in St. Petersburg is not even a cock but a sea cucumber.

Is like to see you survive enough cyanide to kill six horses, getting shot a dozen times, brutal stabbings, being tied up and tossed in a half-frozen river, only to climb out after six miles.

As for his cock, it's being picked in a jar somewhere. It is pretty mangled, but still impressive. And I wouldn't be surprised if he had fucked the Tsarina, as there were huge religious orgies at the court.

>as there were huge religious orgies at the court

I remember my first history...

Rasputin didn't even start this. There was always an occult sexual atmosphere in the last Tsar's reign.

Nicky was into kinky shit?

Really? I don't know that much about Russia.

I think it was more the Tsarina. She was of German/Anglo descent, so you know she was freaky. Though to be fair there was a lot of mysticism in the late 19th, early 20th century, not just in Russia.

How was he mystical?

See retard

Because its an interesting story that fits well into the imagination.

Hitler?

from the late 18th on through to the 19th and 20th centuries "occult and mystical" practices like parties to hold seances and such started to grow in popularity as science and the increased study of the natural world started to make organized religion less of a Canon way of thinking about the world. Obviously the study of the occult goes back to ancient alchemists and was carried on by various secret societies, but in time it became a fashionable taboo thing to do in high society by the late 1800s to early 1900s.

the new age movements of the 60s-80s made the occult practically mainstream. Ronald Reagan was a devout believer in astrology, Napoleon followed the voices and visions he received from his so-called "Star" or angel. Isaac Newton was a devout alchemist, as was John Dee (codename 007 and debated as the real author of many of Shakespeare's works), personal head of English intelligence operations in the 17th or 18th centuries to the queens was an alchemist.

Even today lots of elected officials, business magnates, some presidents, and etcetera attend stupid mock sacrifice rituals in the Bohemian Grove.

The very prestigious skull and bones fraternity of Yale perform stupid rituals and rites for new initiates. they even stole Geronimo's skull from his grave and only returned it after a legal ordeal. Rasputin is one of many thousands of weird mystics to gravitate around royalty and the wealthy in history.

>you will never have an elephant trunk for a cock

its a sea cucumber