Were there any black people in 1403 Bohemia?

Were there any black people in 1403 Bohemia?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_exploration_of_Africa#Early_Portuguese_expeditions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No because most blacks only move along the Silk Road and the Mediterranean trade route.

Like who in their right mind would move away from this great source of wealth to go to some shitty HRE Kingdom?

there aren't any black people in 2018 Bohemia. hope that answers your question.

Jan Hus, for one

Yes.

There are black people in Prague

I was exaggerating.

I live in Prague and got 3 American families living in my neigborhood. Guess that means medieval Bohemia had Americans. Oh wait...

there was no concept of black and white before 18th century

the absolute state of humanists

>I live in X country which means everything I say about muh heritage is fact!
Nobody cares about where you crawled out of your mother's cunt, post some actual facts or fuck off.

OG Europeans were dark-skinned neolithic farmers (before Proto-Indo-European invasion).

WE

technically speaking those are not Europeans if we're talking about Europe as a civilization, not a land mass.
as a civilization, it is defined by the four pillars of greek philosophy, roman law, judeo-christian tradition, and the critical thinking of enlightenment. take away the fourth one and you get medieval europe. neolithic farmers had none of this.

Basques are about as close to the Pre Indo European population as you'll get. They're no darker than most Italians in general.

There were some black people in 1453 Constantinapole

WUZ

CZECHS

Maybe a couple merchants/courtly types?

>everyone was color blind in the middle ages

You mean D'Jean Huzzle

Bohemians were black. Bohemia was ruled by black kangz.

There might have been 1 or 2 but making a general statement that there was or otherwise expecting to see one would be unreasonable.

I think further research proved there was exactly one black guy in Prague at this time and he was the equivalent of a circus attraction.

>ITT Veeky Forums does not realise its a /v/ bait thread due to tumblr.

Historical accauracy does not matter as long as you toe the line OR rail against the spoken "truth".

Were there white people in Sub-Saharan Africa?

>toe the line
>toe

Eh gimme a break - i'm half a bottle of rum deep and have been follwing this thread since its creation. Kingdom come deliverance has tumblr (and some of /v/) all riled up due to the owner of the developing studio claiming there were no black people in deepest, darkest Bohemia in 1403 and tumblr declaring that claim is a lie because "muh silk road". This entire thread is to get Veeky Forums to confirm the (seemingly accurate) claim that nobody but bohemians were around in anything but major cities for the time period in question.

There were also Germans there and Jews, probably some wandering gypsies as well. Not niggers though.

Nobody gives a shit what /v/irgins want.

Yeah traders

There are all kinds of people everywhere in most of history. Trade was and is a thing.

Nobody who is smart gives a fuck about /v/ or Tumblr. Alas PR > reality these days.

I keep getting accused of being from /v/ but I haven't been on that board in like 8 years.

Proof for white merchants in sub-saharan Africa in the medieval period

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_exploration_of_Africa#Early_Portuguese_expeditions

You think sub-saharan Africans constructed cogs and traded in Europe like Portuguese seafarers did?

Its all politically motivated now.

You think sub-saharan Africans constructed cogs and traded in Europe like Portuguese seafarers did? Crossing the Sahara to drag around goods instead of just selling it to Tuaregs who in turn sell it to Arabs =/= highly advanced proto-colonial powers sailing around the ocean

Nope. Europeans came into contact with blacks in Europe only when Arabs shipped some there. There were probably some blacks in places like Spain or Sicily but pretty much zero in Bohemia.

>roman law
So the Anglosphere isn't part of European civilization?

Not him but I would add germanic common law as a very important influence as well

A little off topic but is there any correlation between old tribal Germanic attitudes towards law and property and Lutheranism? Im thinking of icelandic "democracy" bring related to Luther's opposition to the oligarchy of the Roman church

>A little off topic but is there any correlation between old tribal Germanic attitudes towards law and property and Lutheranism?
Common Law doesn't support prohibit centralization and imperialism but it doesn't work in it's favor the way the Civil Law does. Luther was primarily motivated by his close and literalist reading of the Bible, but the fact he interpreted things the way he did was no doubt influenced by the culture he grew up in, which includes teh legacy of the Common Law.

The only recorded blacks were some slave soldiers that never settled anywhere in Iberia and were shipped back to North Africa my bud. This meme of 'le wandering nigger' is retarded

Luther was motivated by the fact he was a diehard Augustinian and he felt the church strayed away from Augustine's teachings, not to mention the Bible itself.
Trying to meme him as some Germanic supremacist or a proto-democrat is 19th century revisionist garbage.

>Trying to meme him as some Germanic supremacist or a proto-democrat
See, you start having a good conversation on Veeky Forums and suddenly the idiots with buzzwords appear. No one said any of those things.

Call me an idiot again I dare you

fite me irl idiot im swole as fuark

idiot

Come to Germany then, I'll be waiting.

No, cross the English Channel for me you kraut wanker

>here be dragons

Gods chosen land.

Sorry I don't go to poor countries.

Take away the first and last, and you got Burgerland.

>it was the Middle Ages so therefore everybody was stupid, also their culture had ingrained hatred of darkies even though most never saw darkies in their lives

People who never saw black person before are naturally hostile usually to the person and he will look like a devil if they are christian

>bantu walks up to polish peasent
How are you expecting the peasent to react?
He would freak the fuck out and go shouting for help from the local guards or clergymen because a man made of black ink is standing before him, clearly a demon

I've read that manga and it is most likely true. What you do not know is dangerous and what is dangerous is what you do not know. This trend is the backbone of HFY.

>judeo-christian

Only the royals.

>18th century
>no conception of white and black peoples
>18TH CENTURY
>middle ages
You retards deserve each other.

>Portuguese
>White
El moro...

>He would freak the fuck out and go shouting for help from the local guards or clergymen because a man made of black ink is standing before him, clearly a demon
Fun fact,I am Polish and I can say with 100% certainity that people reacted like this even in early 20th century

>Judeo-Christian