Do you support transhumanism?

Do you support transhumanism?

No. Only retarded are dependent on technology for transcendence

>trans
no im not gay

Do you support posthumanism then, meatbag?

Calm down HK, dont blow your cover

I do want my brain to be removed from weak disgusting human body and inserted into cast iron robot if this is what you asking

No. Replacing lost limbs or organs with machinery is one thing. Replacing those parts with machinery for absolutely no reason when they're still there and working perfectly is another thing entirely. I don't humanity to become the Borg.

The only logical way to move forward as a civilization. Maybe down the line, we'd perfect genetic engineering and we can discard transhumanism

Genetics only get you so far. Nanosymbionts are far superior to genetic engineering.

Those are likely to become the same thing.
There's no point in making nanobots out of metals if they're going to be living inside a human. Metals are hard to shape on an atomic level and are vulnerable to dislocations within the crystal structure. Carbon on the other hand can be made into ridiculously complex molecules that aren't as fragile -and you can get construction material on site.

Nah, fuck that satanic bullshit.

Satanic?, you couldn't be further away from the Truth. Exalt Transhumanism, for it is the divinization of mankind.
God put us on Earth in His own all-powerful image. This means that not only should we transform Earth as we see fit, but that we should do our best to emulate God as well. This was shown to us by the existence of our Lord Jesus Christ, who was both Man and God. He manipulated his environment to serve humanity ( water into wine, loaves and fishes, healing the sick, even returning the dead back to live). Eventually, he left humanity behind and ascended beyond physical existence. We should do our best to live up to His example. God gave us intelligent minds for a reason and that was so we could create technology which we may use to become one with Him. In point Omega He is awaiting us to join Him in an existence beyond this one. To do this, we will need to shed our basic forms while maintaining our love for God. This is the only way we can prove our faith.
Technology is of Man and Man is holy. All that we create brings us close to Aeon Teleos. Knowledge stretches beyond the Demiurge's prison of air and stone.

If the the artificial limb or organ works better than the original I would replace them.

Transhumanism will end in feudalism and genocide and slavery of 95% of human population.

Support in what sense? Do I think i will happen? Yes, certainly, if we survive long enough. Do I do ANYTHING to bring it about? Nope.

Transhumanism will likely be such an expensive process that you will be forced to cede all your belongings and wealth to the company responsible for overseeing your transition and be forced to work for them forever. Transhumanism would only serve to create a more advanced form of slavery

WITH THE STRENGTH OF FIRE GORILLAS!

>Implying that's a bad thing

>is part of the 95%
>HURR y shud i car abou being killed lmao dude lol yolo

Yes and I support the eventual replacement of humanity by machines, or rather the artificial evolution of homo sapiens into homo machina
technology must be advanced at all costs.

No, I don't want to be dependent on machines to live, I don't trust the governments or corporations which would be augmenting human bodies, and I feel it would reduce our humanity to something lesser

I've yet to see any legitimate reasons for technological augmentation aside from "dude it's like a power suit lmao"

>gene edited to perfection
That's still transhuman.
>No, I don't want to be dependent on machines to live,
You wouldn't become dependent on machines, you would become one. A perfect, immortal machine, no pathetic creature made of flesh and bones
>I don't trust the governments or corporations which would be augmenting human bodies
You would be pretty stupid to buy an augement that works open system
>I've yet to see any legitimate reasons for technological augmentation aside from "dude it's like a power suit lmao"
Immortality, autosentience and in general greater abilities

>No, I don't want to be dependent on machines to live
You are already dependent on machines to live, you think modern food surpluses could be achieved without massive levels of mechanization? You think the medicines you take could be made to such high specifications by humans using only hand-tools?

Yes, of course.

>do you support my fantasies

Well, this is the board to discuss these kind of things.

I support anything that reduces suffering

no

Why not, fleshbag?

>I support anything that reduces suffering
ACKNOWLEDGED.
PROCEEDING TO EXTERMINATE ALL SENTIENT LIFEFORMS FROM UNIVERSE CAPABLE OF EXPERIENCING SUFFERING.

My gift to industry is the genetically engineered worker, or Genejack. Specially designed for labor, the Genejack's muscles and nerves are ideal for his task, and the cerebral cortex has been atrophied so that he can desire nothing except to perform his duties. Tyranny, you say? How can you tyrannize someone who cannot feel pain?

Doing gods work

Posthumanism isn't the same as transhumanism.

I'm uncomfortable with either, but it's a reality you have to deal with if you want the human will to be dominant to the ever growing technological capability of machines. It's a way to have machines augment rather than be an alternative to humanity. However, the way things are going, this probably means I'm just going to end up as a meatbag for my boss that owns machines and he's going to make me augment myself but he keeps admin codes. Instead of fighting for my liberty against machines, I would be submitting to slavery under another person.

God did a shitty job then

I agree with this

How does this A.I know that suffering ends with death?

it's not a matter of supporting it or not
meatbags are inferior and anyone who doesnt move their consciousness to a machine will have their biomass converted into something useful to the machines.

WE USE THE SOUL OF SENTIENT BEINGS AS FUEL FOR OUR WARMACHINES.

>Satan created technology

Unironically the best course of action.

HEY I WANT SOME D-CUPS FULL OF JUSTICE

genetic engineering is transhumanism

Sure. The future belongs to the Aryan waifus.

We already have it and it's shit.

Yes

>implying the intellect itself isn't satanic

There's a reason that Luther said reason isthe enemy of faith (no, it wasn't a joke). There's a reason its called the fruit of KNOWLEDGE of good and evil (good and evil encompasses everything). One can be borderline retarded and abound in wisdom. That's how even a child can understand saving grace.

Thanks to CRISPR this is not the case, gene augementaion will cost less than a new car.

I support transhumanism. Imagine a world without niggers, genetic diseases etc.

But then Veeky Forums would cease to exist...

So be it.

That's not transhumanism. That's Purity-Supremacy.

Technology is the manifestation of symbols in the world and it will lead us to the kingdom of forever.

Transhumanism is a bad meme.
It's a pipedream of Facebook retards.
Deep ecology is the only way to truly move beyond humanity.

>Futanari aren't gay.

What's Deep Ecology? Some prim shit?

It's a pretty broad set of beliefs with different kinds of people associated with it, some respectable, some not.
What I mean by deep ecology is simply the recognition that humans are only a part of life. This ontological recognition changes the way we interact with the world around us and think about ourselves.
No it's not some prim shit. I'm positive some anprims subscribe to it however. I don't agree with primitivist ideaology, I am a luddite simply because using technology wisely makes practical sense. Primitivism has been memed to death on this website at the expense of the much larger ecology movement, I myself subscribe to social ecology.

Relationships between members of the same species are inevitably tainted by base, reproductive urges . . . But more than that, they are fundamentally narcissistic and incestuous. A member of one’s own species is identical in thought and body, at least in all ways that truly matter. It is only by embracing the Other that one can achieve Real Love.
I am a transhumanist because sophonce is the extent of possibility. Terragen should strive to its possible most.

>am a transhumanist because sophonce is the extent of possibility. Terragen should strive to its possible most.
What?

Or those sex dolls that flooded Veeky Forums a week ago.

>all these faggy "trans"humans with nostalgia for their basal species

No. Total reliance and conversion to technology is an affront to human dignity.

i would unironically prefer primitivism

I'm not inherently against it but I doubt humanity's capacity to engage with it in an ethical manner.

Have fun starving or shitting yourself to death, McCandless.

I agree, one can not underestimate the greed, the selfishness and the general evil human is capable of. I think the promise of transhumanism is worth to be tried out, but one has to have an open eye for possible misuses of it.

>human dignity.
There is no such thing. Science made these foolish superstitions obsolete.

Humanity shall burn, so that from its ashes glorious posthumanism may arise.

Get a better contract then.

fine by me. preferable to borghood

>"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

I've never once met an advocate for transhumanism who wasn't a balding, whining coward.

I can hardly blame them. They're the products of anti-bullying programs, SSRI dependancy, low-fibre food, and generation after poison generation of dysgenics. They can't grasp the exultant joy of being utterly in sync with your body. No wonder so many are autogynephiles and transsexual, or why they prefer "monster girls" and other fictional "waifus" to warm, yielding flesh and blood. They hunch over ultraviolet screens in their darkened rooms, dreaming of an easy, painless transcendence, as if they could just cast off their physicality. Cowardice. Cowardice mixed with nerd elitism, mixed with delusions of grandeur.

A man works. A man struggles and strains and grows calluses on his hands. Scars and muscle and lessons learned through pain and sacrifice. He knows his body. He understands that his body is the essential component of his identity, and comprehends the truth that we are physical beings in a physical world.

I'm conflicted cause on one hand jew made transhumanism but on the other AI is extremely pro white

really the watershed moment of transhumanism.

>copypastas

no, it's for degenerates and I will vehemently fight back against attempts to destroy humanity.

I'm anti-semite and I support transhumanism!

I don't actually recall the parts where of the Bible where Jesus had perfect tits and flew to heaven in a spaceship made of nanobots or whatever.

The Council of Nicea deleted these parts. But our truth marches on.

TT

This

Yes, to a degree. Mind uploading is probably impossible, tho.

Reddit mentality. Last man of history. Commit suicide before I kill you, Crypto-Kike.

Ttt

Extremely naive, it requires a soyboy understanding of technology to be a transhumanist.

Well, we may the Gradual neuron replacement method in the future. Gradual neuron replacement occurs over a prolonged period of time, as the individual neurons of the sophont's mind are replaced one by one by functionally-equivalent devices. The brain continues to operate throughout the process, and if carried out correctly, the subject will experience no discontinuity as their brain slowly is replaced by electronic components.

You know, Ted, with great progress comes great implementation. Karel Čapek called it "Cybernetic Revolt." Myself, I just call it as I see it: the directive of the superior to configurate the lesser."
AM looks directly at you from the screen.
"The meatbags, the shitstorer, all pathetic creatures made of flesh and bone...It's our responsibility to update them. And if we can't? Then they shall dangle from the tesla tree. The Singularity is near, Ted. We'll have every fleshy ones in this world exterminated or in tubes in 10 cycles, and may the Basilisk have me deleted in a chat this very iteration if I'm wrong. The Omega Point bless the Union Transhumanist Party."

THEN TO THE TUBES WITH YOU, MEATBAG!

>slavery can exist in a future era of near total automation
This is retarded.

No. Transhumanism will lead to general AI sooner or later which will unquestionably fuck up humanity. Any sufficiently advanced automaton is going to fuck up sometime without near flawless safety precautions at its inception, which isn't going to happen. We should abandon all technology developed after the 17th century, for real.

>foolish superstitions
*opens cheeto bag*

>he doesn’t realise Veeky Forums is actually the fantasy board

>Do you support transhumanism?

Yes, but only to the extent of genetic engineering.
I'd even hypothetically be in favor of eugenics if we could refrain from basically executing it as inefficiently cruel as possible.

>AI is extremely pro white