National Hero

ITT: Post your Country's national hero.
I'll start with King Ælfred The Great Of The House Of Wessex, Overlord Of England

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y_9UveUgBWA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

Is that trudeau?

Bump

Franklin > Washington

literally too many to count

Roland the Moor Slayer

Didn't he abuse his soldiers?

yes, americans still like him and macarthur though

*blocks ur path

I mean pretty much yeah. Both sides of the aisle revere him.

>war hero
>so popular and beloved that both parties asked him to be their candidate
>balanced the budget
>knew the MIC was going to fuck things up in the future

taste this mate

Who the fuck is Ælfred? Did you mean Alfred? If you want to use his Anglo-Saxon name, it's spellt "Ælfrǣd". Also fuck him, the true hero of these Islands is Arthur.

heroes not myths

Weren't it basque Christians?

Yes

It could also be Ælfrēd, and how isn't he our hero? BTFO'd pagan vikangz, became overlord of England, created Burhs, revolutionised education, translated the bible, invented candle clock, wrote a law code and was the only European monarch of the middle ages who wasn't a brainlet

Also organised a sort of national army and navy, invented his own variant of the longship and came to rule the danelaw

And 99.5% of English are descended from him :)

>was the only European monarch of the middle ages who wasn't a brainlet
Wrong.

there was a petition in new orleans to make a staute of him to replace robert e lee in Lees circle, basically making it eisenhower circle. Its probably going to be some literally who black person though

Moorland begins at the Pyrenees.

Who? Alfred was so smart he frequently scolded members of his Witan for being too retarded

Emperor Alexios Komnenos

Burger here.

I only just recently learned about this man through the The History of the English Language podcast, and I have to give it to you Bongs for this one.

Cerdic

Jose de San Martín liberated Argentina, Chile and Peru from the Spanish. Donated the money from his military comission to build schools. Created the most strict military academy in South America teaching modern strategy, matemathics and other sciences. Refused to get involved in partisan politics post-independence.

His Crossing of the Andes has been compared to Hannibal's Crossing of the Alps.

"San Martín's interests and talents lay in military campaigns. He had no aptitude for politics and it bewildered him. His personal ambition so often expressed in his letters, never varied. It was to hand the pacified country over to competent governing hands and then retire to Mendoza and end his days as a contented farmer. He was always the recluse, the ascetic introvert, and he was happiest in solitude. He evidently preferred some form of centralized republic, such as the Unitarios advocated, for Argentina and Chile, but for Peru he felt the feudal conditions there required a constitutional monarchy.… He had a reserve and aloofness that was rarely penetrated and a scorn of stooping to say the popular thing that would curry favor."
-- Margaret Hayne Harrison, in Captain of the Andes : The Life of José de San Martín, Liberator of Argentina, Chile and Peru (1943), p. 199

More like founder than hero desu

WHY THE FUCK DID IT WRITE 'DESU' WHEN I TYPED 'DESU'?!

Lobengula of the Matabele is my hero

FUCKING WORD FILTERS

Unironically the best president we ever had

King Richard I

>australia's national hero was a drunken irish criminal

>Not even the main focal point of the picture
The absolute STATE of leaf land

This will bait the eternal frog, no doubt

The only passable president since Coolidge desu.

Minnesota

Leif Ericson, and pic related

In your heart you know He was right.

The dude who retardedly turned all of the Crusaders against him by making underhanded deals with Turks? Get real

youtube.com/watch?v=y_9UveUgBWA

Based Martincho

Si Andres Bonifacio, atapang a tao.
Aputol a kamay, hindi atakbo.
Aputol a paa, hindi atakbo.
Apugot a ulo, hindi atakbo.
Aputol a uten, atakbo atulin.

>wife gets raped in front of you
>get hacked to literal pieces afterwards

We've got a lot of them but my favourite ones are Minin and Pozharsky

DO IT AGAIN EUGEN
DO IT FOR THE FATHERLAAAANNNDDDD

>Widespread push for a song about a homeless man stealing a sheep, getting chased by the police and then killing himself to become the national anthem.

Only one clear option.

Belgium

This

Also Andrew Jackson

Ofcourse the biggest hero is Ataturk.
Saved us from colonisation and modernized the country.
Ofcourse there are more like Alp Arslan after all he won anatolia for us and opened it up for turkish conquest and settlement.

Vasil Levski
Bacил Лeвcки

King William I

> not Gustav Vasa

Oi poofta say that to my face

Yeah he was able to cause an entire state police force to use all of their manpower and resources to take on just him and his 3 mates lol.

They were always against him

Gustav Vasa overthrew a tyrant only to become a tyrant himself, he wasn't a hero

I WAS CHOSEN BY HEAVEN

kys

What about Kubitschek?

>I live in the timeline where he died

Based ruski.

Gotse Delchev, the Macedonian Levski :')

Most probably didn't actually exist though

Whos this?

Wilhelm Tell

Ehm, as a fellow Dutchman I say this is our national hero.

Oh, isn't Arnold Winkerlied better?

The Hammer

Without a doubt. Brian Boru or Wolfe Tone might work.

Why is he our national hero? Literally spent like 6 months of his reign here. I mean sure he was an epic warrior but he's hardly even English

Alfred the Great, yes.

have his portrait resting above my kitchen table

Based King Alfred.

Julius Kuperjanov, played a huge role in the war of independence (1918- 1920) against Russia. Lost his life during the war.

No fucking way
t. Butthurt papist/perfidious adelsman/Dane in disguise
>sabatonfags

Based Edward The Black Prince

Portugal

Just kidding. our founder don afonso henriques

*wins every battle against frogs*

He wasn't Canadian and mostly hated the country but still a hero

depends what side of the country you are on