A Skeptical Look at "Love"

To put it bluntly, love does not exist. The feeling of Love is merely a chemical releases by the brain when you see someone that could be a potential mate. The idea of true love can not exist, and a relationship can not last a lifetime for six reasons, which I like to call the "Six Situations"
1. Unrequited Love- simply put, one party does not reciprocate feelings of affection
2. Cold Silence- there is a lack of communication causing one, or both parties lose feelings for each other
3. Cheating- also simply put, one, or sometimes both parties are/is disloyal to one another
4. Boredom- one or both parties have grown bored of each other's presence and feelings dissipate
5. Death- inevitable for relationships that survive the four situations stated above. Someone in the relationship dies.
6. Complications- this occurs when two lovers are meant to be together, but for some reason can't.
Keep in mind, a relationship can experience more than one of these tribulations, or in different forms. Love is not an energy, there is no "true love", there is no "soul mate". I could discuss a cynical outlook on why humans involve themselves in another person but that'll be better for another post. Skepticism is by no means my preferred philosophy, in fact I'm more into Surrealism and that one philosophy that states life is inheritly pointless so we must invent our own worth. I forget what it's called. But the idea of Love is something I'm skeptical about.

>love is pointless because everyone dies

just because you can reduce something to "chemical reactions" doesn't mean it isn't real, and just because something will probably go bad doesnt mean it isn't worth trying to make things good- the point of an adult, long term relationship
sorry you're 12 though

My relationship is as strong as ever since my wife and I agreed to have an open relationship

I'm not a nihilist, if someone wants to pursue a relationship, knock yourself out. Just be weary you're living an illusion.

It's not necessarily pointless. As I said to another user, I'm not a nihilist. But the romanticized idea of Love is false. But if you want to have a relationship, go to town.

DUDE CHEMICALS ARE AN ILLUSION DUDE

Love = lust

>Trusting the chemicals in your brain to tell you that they are chemicals.
Fucking pleb-tier analysis.

Cringe

>Zero retort.
Right back atcha bud.

>a relationship can not last a lifetime because six reasons
>5 death, someone in the relationship dies

what’s it like to have someone who loves you and wants to be with you and is happy to see you

*tips fedora*

like warm apple pie

Will you stop making non-historical threads in Veeky Forums

your heart will feel like it's dropping, and you won't stop smiling, and you'll do foolish things in the moment. There's nothing like lying in bed at night with the one you love feeling her head on your chest and listening to the rain, waiting to fall asleep

I've been dating the same girl for 4 years, I feel this a lot. I'm also fed up with her sometimes, but that's normal

like a warm cup of coffee too

>love does not exist
>Love is merely a chemical releases
Pick one, faggot.

>a relationship cannot last a lifetime
It can and it certainly has. My grandparents and my own parents are good examples of this.
>inb4 what about death
Do you not understand what "lifetime" means?

Read the thread before shitting in it dumbass abomination

smd fag

>you're living an illusion
I'm not though, the emotions I feel are 100% real, and I can even measure them by looking at the chemicals you yourself talked about.

>To put it bluntly, love does not exist. The feeling of Love is merely a chemical releases by the brain when you see someone that could be a potential mate.
>Love doesn't exist, here's an explanation of what it is.
You're a special kind of retard.

I’ll ass fuck your cunt to death butch

Misery loves company so here I am op. What is up? How you feeling today? I hope you are doing well. I hope everyone in this thread is doing well. I love you!

I'd like to see you try queerboi
>tumblr

>happiness

Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

This is by far the worst post I have ever seen btw.

I know you've seen the constant KARA BOGA/bbc threads so that cannot possibly be true

Im just an old love fool. Its a personal thing.

I’d like to see you gutted

R E D D I T
E
D
D
I
T

>love is reddit
are you from /r9k/?

It's good but it doesn't stick with you.
Sort of like an orgasm desu.

>dude what you're feeling is merely chemicals so it's not real lmao
This could be said for literally everything human beings ever experience. It's a shame you never felt the explosively powerful feeling of love, OP.

>Love is a physical process
>Love does not exist
pick one