Egypt says 4,400-year-old tomb discovered outside Cairo

phys.org/news/2018-02-egypt-year-old-tomb-cairo.html

>Archaeologists in Egypt have discovered a 4,400-year-old tomb near the country's famed pyramids at the Giza plateau just outside Cairo, the Antiquities Ministry said Saturday, the latest discovery that authorities hope will help revive the country's staggering tourism sector.

>The tomb was found in a wider area of Giza's western necropolis, which is known to be home to tombs from the Old Kingdom.

>It likely belonged to a woman known as Hetpet, who archaeologists believe was close to ancient Egyptian royals of the 5th Dynasty.

>The tomb, unveiled to the media on Saturday, is made of mud brick and includes wall paintings in good condition depicting Hetpet observing different hunting and fishing scenes.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/ancient-egyptians-europeans-related-claims-a7763866.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also, Old Kingdom Egyptians confirmed diverse in appearence (if not ethnically).

>Egyptians were never White and were always brownies

lol

Another archaeology thread that will die with only a handful of posts while ideology driven shitposting will reign supreme

independent.co.uk/news/science/archaeology/ancient-egyptians-europeans-related-claims-a7763866.html

>WE

>"We have removed between 250-300 cubic meters of layers of earth to find the tomb."
That's some dedication. I wonder how deep it was originally buried.

Shame that modern egyptians and iraqis dont appreciate all the wonders their ancestors built before arab conquest.

>"In the 22nd century BC, the Old Kingdom collapsed into the disorder of the First Intermediate Period, with important consequences for Egyptian religion. Old Kingdom officials had already begun to adopt the funerary rites originally reserved for royalty,[119] but now, less rigid barriers between social classes meant that these practices and the accompanying beliefs gradually extended to all Egyptians, a process called the "democratization of the afterlife".

can anyone explain to me this passage, how much difference between belief of elite and commoners there was

>4,400-year-old tomb discovered
Yeah, no. A 4,400 year old tomb would have been destroyed by the flood.

They found it year ago.
Besides its on giza plateau, not exactly rainforest

>how much difference between belief of elite and commoners there was
It was less of a difference in belief and closer to a restriction on how the poor could practice their religion because of economic and cultural reasons. As time went on the more prosperous remembers of the lower classes could start expecting to be mummified after death.

>Iraqis

Well they have been at war with the biggest/main group trying to destroy those monuments.

At one point, I S I S was only a couple miles away from the Rabban Hormizd Monastery, from merely decades before Islamic arrival, at one point an equivalent of Mt. Athos in Greece or St. Peter's Basilica. They didn't take it though.

This is misinterpretation. What they said is this:

>“When comparing this pattern with modern Egyptians, we find that the ancient Egyptians are more closely related to all modern and ancient European populations that we tested, likely due to the additional African component in the modern population.”
The last part is the most important, because the entire study was about this.

>Ancient Egyptian mummy genomes suggest an increase of Sub-Saharan African ancestry in post-Roman periods

They cluster closely with modern and ancient Near Easterners which makes sense.

I hate how everything is about race now

Yes. I know the studies.

>Is an Amerifat

It's neat how only Amerifats are a modern country stupid enough to advocate Young Earth and Jesus riding a raptor.

Copts have about at least 10% East African in them. It might be from an extinct population but still.

Where are you from smart guy?

East Africans are different from the Bantu anyway. The We Waz Kangz narrative is false.

Name a single respectably modern country that rivals America on what I said and also philistinism, socially encouraged denial of actual science, WE WUZ...

They are all from late period. Afrocentrists now claim that the original Egyptians were black because it was Menes/Narmer from Upper Egypt who conquered Lower Egypt and unified the country.

Meanwhile they looked like that.

There is a little problem though.

Amerifats are a mutt cesspit with White Trash, Kunta Kintes, and Pablos. You can't expect them to know that Africa isn't just Nigger Land and there are even genomic differences between its inhabitants.

Indeed. There is more genetic variety in Subsaharan Africa than the rest of the world. But, in general, subsaharan africans were not selected for delayed gratification and abstract thought.

>But, in general, subsaharan africans were not selected for delayed gratification and abstract thought.

Lucky for them there's America. A fat country whose current president that says Climate Change is a Chinese conspiracy and that vaccines are the devil.

I also dislike the religious right and their conspiracy theories. But the truth is, African-Americans live a much better life than their subsaharan cousins.

You are one bitter and obsessed individual. I feel bad for you.

Egypt was to Arab world what Greece is to Europe.

Egyptians sometimes painted males and females in different colors, don't jump to conclusions retard.

I see a few white ones there

Ancient Egyptians were almost the same genetically as modern saudis and bedouins.

They likely looked similar to this

Don't despair, keep it alive. Just finished the book "the rise and fall of ancient Egypt" by Toby Wilkinson. Bretty good overview of thousands of years of Egyptian history

No.

I'm always thrilled to see new archaeological discoveries yet we can already see where this thread is going.

This is what happens when you go a few decades making shit up and misrepresenting your confidence. You a get a correction when objective reality inevitably emerges. See recent Spike talk with Steven Pinker for more info.

>Revive the tourist industry dying because Egypt is wracked by sectarian violence, poverty, and can barely control it's own territory (Sinai)

Shame all the interesting archeological dig sites tend to exist in places like this.

we wuzing this hard kys mate plz

>see recent literally what with literally who
Okay lmao

>Being this in denial
>ignoring the males the same color as the females.

Go take a look at modern Egypt. By the Old Kingdom's end it was not a Black society or a White one. Deal with it.

Still not Kunta Kintes.

what ?

ever read the epic of gilgamesh? what do you think about uta-napishti's story about him moving?

You're talking to an Amerifat.

This.

Modern day Egyptians are the closest thing we have to ancient Egyptians genetically.

i am also an amerifat

Hey leftypol/intl/tumblr.

kek but yet your still a virgin

Yes.

>Modern day Egyptians are the closest thing we have to ancient Egyptians genetically.

Modern are pretty far away due to west african and increased iranian admixture.

Copts. bedouins, saudis and yemeni jews are closest and maybe some isolated berbers without west african admixture.