Tfw you almost forget about the Alamo

tfw you almost forget about the Alamo.

>be mexico
>be large, prosperous state
>invite white farmers from texas to settle and develop a backwards northern province of yours
>insist that they integrate and ban slavery
>they chimp out
>try to put down rebellion and fail
>province is independent for a decade before joining the country they came from in the first place

And their descendants have the gall to complain about Mexicans working in farms and factories in AmeriKKKa today

>be Mexicans
>invite foreigners to live in your country
>they take part of country instead
>years later don't understand why countries are reluctant to allow foreigner to outnumber you in your own land
>expect countires to repeat your retarded mistakes because it's only fair

Just taking back what you stole in 1848, gringo

Make Mexico Spanish again

"A mongrel race of degenerate spaniards and indians even more depraved than they"

Reminder that Mexico is BLACK.
WASPs and Spaniards not allowed desu

Mexico gave up the rights to that land with the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848.

Reminder that the mexican army got caught out and brutally assfucked because they were busy taking a siesta

is this just a joke or actually real?

Actually real.They set up camp without bothering to put a defensive perimeter or guardsmen.

fucking incredible

What does a car rental place have to do with Veeky Forums?

And it wouldn't have even mattered if Mexico hadn't been under a dictatorship at the time and said dictator (with the power to unilaterally end the war and grant the rebels independence) hadn't also been in direct command of that army and thus present in the camp.

Why is that guy dressed like an Aussie?

The more I learn of Mexican history the more I think someone demolished a warehouse full of mirrors the day that country was founded.

They have such rotten luck!

It had even been suggested to Santa Anna by someone under him that this could happen and he shouldn't be anywhere near Texas for that very reason.

"What has miserable, innefficient Mexico got to do with the mission of populating the New World with a noble race?"
-- Walt Whitman

It doesnt take a genious to realise mexicans are shit tier
“Is it a misfortune that magnificent California was seized from the lazy Mexicans who did not know what to do with it?” - Karl Marx

But Marx was a genius

They don't have bad luck, they're just absolute fucking retards, even the rest of the latins agree. Being the US's bitch is the only reason they're doing better than their neighbors right now, so it was actually a blessing for them.

Doing better than whom? Maybe Guatemala or El Salvador, the absolute shitholes of Central America, certainly not Costa Rica or Panama, both are wealthier and nicer places to live in than M*xico.

Pee-Ew I'm smelling some /pol/ racial bias

You're not going to tell me that a nation that gets its founder and co-founder captured and killed only to be liberated by a coalition of landowners that spend decades bickering doesn't have rotten luck. Especially considering all the nice coincidences that keep happening down their history.

I know "luck" takes away from your deterministic world view where everyone is an ubermensch or undermensch from birth mister /pol/tard but fortune plays a role in history and more than one person will tell you successful enterprises have more than their fair share of good luck.

>T. Frito Banito

>ur a Mexican

Oh noes!