Can we have a Battleship thread?

p-post lewd ships

>Wehraboos talk about Bis*arck as if it was the second coming of Christ
>meanwhile IRL Iowa would singlehandedly wipe the floor with a full fleet of Bis*arck fucking shits

The Littoria was the best ship in the war

obsolete since ww2

>With the decommissioning of the last Iowa-class ships, no battleships remain in service or in reserve with any navy worldwide.

>tfw the USS Texas is the last remaining Dreadnought in existance

Littorio a cute! CUTE!

Battleships will always be the most badass things in war, bigass guns and torps and shit. Hood is my shipfu!

Yay, suck more american cock and freak out over the bismark that would probably be the one wiping the floor with any american battleship at the time.

Btw, bismark was sunk before your pussyship even was in service.

Bismark and Prinz eugen whiped the floor with the hood and Prince of wales.
They utterly destroyed the hood and heavy damaged amd crippeled the prince of wales so much that they could not even persue or fight anymore.

Says something about the might of the bismark and prinz eugen.

Oh, btw if I remember right the iowas actually never faught other battleships. What letdown.

>the age of steel-armored battleships with huge guns lasted 2.5 wars
FUCK

Google and Bing have lots of great battleship pics, but they usually don't have the name of the ship. Anybody recognize this rather topheavy ship?

Looks like one of the Japanese Kongo's to me.

>Building these gigantic money sinks during WW2

>When you could build u-boats and carriers

Was it autism?

The Japanese had a hard on for destroyers which really fucked them over. Most of the carriers were converted cargo ships.

They may be huge resource sinks but they're sexy as fuck resource sinks.

>bigass guns and torps and shit
Battleships don't carry torpedoes except for memeships like the Tirpitz.

Only countries that built battleships during WW2 were US and UK.

>Even worse DCA than the Bismarck or the Yamato
>shitty weapon control system
Sure, Benito.

Gotta love WW2 ship camo patterns

I have it saved as the Nagato, though I wouldn#t vouch for it

If I remember correctly, one of those strange geometric ship camos was later adapted by a french fashion designer after WW2 to be used in a line of women's swimsuits.
It was basically Kantai Collection but ahead of it's time.

>bad fire control
>strandling destroyer from 20km in heavy weather
Pick only one

>Have to retreat at sunset cause the Brits are gonna tear you a new asshole with their radar
Yup, really bad fire control

? I thought Big Moe and her sister were still afloat?

Too much too late, but has this classic 40's look

>heavy damaged amd crippeled the prince of wales so much that they could not even persue or fight anymore.
no, they didnt, PoW broke off the engagement due to mechanical difficulties in her turrets, she received a total of around 3 hits, the only significant one being a hit to the compass platform that killed many on the bridge as the door was open.

the reason for the turret problem was that the ship was so fresh out of the dockyards that she still had civilian technicians from the yards on board and hadnt finished her shakedown cruise.

bismarck in that same engagement received a single hit from PoW and had to break off and head for home

What did you do all day if you were assigned to a battleship?

Oh hai.

Flight Deck Cruisers; the coolest ships that never were.

USS Independence with Amerigo Vespucci

L E W D

Why is she missing one of the guns in her rear turret?

Torpedoes were common on battleships until the interwar period.

Why are both Veeky Forums and /k/ so fucking incompetent when it comes to discussing naval warfare.

Like, the fucking material has been around for over half a century. Read niggas, READ.

It's always the French

i.e. until the generations of warships that can be called modern battleships.

Looks like one bad landing away from absolute panic.

I pray laser cannons become real because it gives an excuse to build big battleship guns again.

here's a rare one.

Russo-Japanese war best war

it was used during Operation Desert Storm as artillery

I unironically like the look of the pagodas.

And a followup ... same ship

*blocks your path*

>battleships are slow

Not if I remove all of their armor!

What about railguns?

Delet

Recommend me a list of books then.

M A H A N
A
H
A
N

Railguns are going to be placed on destroyers. Nothing will bring back battle ships, There's just no point anymore. You don't needs a lot of space for immense fire power, and armor is virtually useless nowadays. It's better to have multiple faster small ships.

In terms of Aesthetic:

Ironclads & Predreads > Dreadnoughts >>> WWII Battleships.

Is that the Long Beach next to her?

>those A-5C Vigilantes
muh dicc

>>/k/

No

Richelieu class doesn't have rear main guns. The layout is 4/4 in the front only, giving her 8 15 inch guns, same number as the Bismarck, but on a ship about 1/5th less heavy.

I have been looking years for a copy of 'The Dazzle Painting of Ships'.

They should have built at least one, they had the materials ear marked for god's sake.

>what is yamato
kys

holy shit, great photo. made me involuntarily do quiet 'pwuh pwuh pwuh' sounds with my mouth, imitating the sound of their gun fire you'd hear from far away.

this thread made me feel like a kid again. i fucking love ships

It's not the fucking same.

But what if we put them IN SPACE

Space Battleship Yamato isn't a documentary

Well no, it takes place in the future

>the Su-33 is roughly the same size and weight as the A-5

No, he's asking about the broken gun in forward superimposed turret.

Why don't you just open the petcocks at the dock and save time, admiral bong.

too slow

Who built the best battleships?

Here's how I'd rank them:
>America
>Britain
>Italy
>Japan
>Germany
>France
>others

The only remain armored cruiser, survived 2 world wars, the Georgios Averof

OP here, I was hoping that this would be a thinly veiled hentai thread

Check out /h/ for High School Fleet, Kancolle, and Arpeggio of Blue Steel for shipsloots.

Pretty good ranking, but I'd exchange Italy and Japan

British battleships were destroyed quite easily, by torpedo and gunfire, and can't be ranked as high as 2. I'd put Japanese and German and French over them.

please consider TEXT TO 1(416) 834-4162 FOR HOT SINGLE WIFU

And Germany, Japan Italy, and France.

The sexiest Super Dreadnought.

ARA 25 de mayo

28 knots was fast enough for the other US BB's

[spoiler]She was fast enough for my heart[/spoiler]

not for long. her hull is fugged and they cant raise funds.

>that pic
on today's episode of faggots ruin everything good;

Kriegsmarine sucked but I think the Tirpitz looked intimidating enough

Huh. Didn't know that. Rather ironic they never implemented convoy systems if they were that interested in Destroyers.

Really interesting how the Yamato has an angulated smokestack; as far as I can tell, there's no reason, aside from aesthetics, to have to top of it angulated, instead of being boxed at 90 degrees relative to the ocean plane. Am I missing something, or was that the smokestack design a complete "well.... this looks kinda cool" choice by the naval architects?

dont hit on me silly boys

>British battleships were destroyed quite easily, by torpedo and gunfire, and can't be ranked as high as 2. I'd put Japanese and German and French over them.
Yeah French battleships were the best because they didn't lose a single ship in battle. /sarcasm

Well, to be fair, the frogs did lose warships to bong gunfire, when they were neutral, standing still in port and Perfidious Albion showed up.

The Iowas were 33 knot machines. Montanas were much too slow.