BTC send stuck for 17 hours!??!

How long is too long?

I sent 1.3 BTC my Electrum wallet to Bitstamp (was going to sell it yesterday if it hit 6K).

Its been unconfirmed now for 17 hours. This is not the first time Ive sent BTC from Electrum, it worked fine last time). I look up the TX ID on blockonomics and estimated confirmation time keeps going up (its at 13 hours now) and its been over 17 hours and still says 'unconfirmed'

How long is too long?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1533496.0
blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size
tradeblock.com/bitcoin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes it takes a good while.
Next time pick PRIORITY and pay the extra 2 cents if you want it faster rajad.

Ok thanks for the info. I didn't change any of the fee sliders the first time I sent from Electrum and it was the "normal" approx 40 minutes.

Next time I'll plus up the slider.

Thx

>tattoo
DROPPED

Ya she's got a couple now (Filipina girl I used to bang when I lived there). She didn't have them back then tho.

You can thank Blockstream/Core for the congestion. Soon they will release off-chain products (that they profit from) to help you with these shitty transaction times.

This is why you should be long on ETH

Oh dear, oh no there there goy everything is going to be ok. Money disappears sometimes you know?Keep your chin up I bet you'll wake up in the morning and everything will be just fine. Wallets can't stay empty by themselves.

This is kinda what Im worried about. The transaction has been unconfirmed for 19 hours now.

Its 8000 USD worth of money too. If I just had 8 grand magically 404 on me, well, I'm done with this Crypto crap for good.

If it gets no confirmations for too long the transaction is cancelled so no need to worry about losing the coins.

Any idea how long is too long tho?

What fee did you pay? I had some stuff to send today and paid 0.00032544 and it was delivered in under 30 mins.

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1533496.0
according to this 72 hours

Im new to using Electrum to send BTC. Ive done it twice, and neither time did I change the sliders or check boxes from their default settings. The first time it took 30-40 mins. This time Im at 19 hours and still counting.

From blockonomics, looks like the fee was:
Transaction Fees: 0.00032009 BTC

>bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1533496.0
Thx for the link. Maybe I'm stuck for 72 hours !

blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size

I dont even know what the hell this means (Over 40 norman checking in)

"When a Bitcoin transaction is transmitted to the network it first gets veried byall of the Bitcoin
nodes available. After it successfully passes verication it goes and sits inside the “Mempool” (short for Memory Pool) and patiently awaits until a miner picks it up to include it in the next block. So the Mempool is basicallythe node’s holding area for all the pending transactions."

Fellow over 40, get another phone and install a wallet, import your seed / private key there and try to resend again but this time with higher fee.

Thx. I still dont really know how to interpret that chart. Just means "theres a lot of transactions pending?"

On BTC.com in the TXID tracking page, there is a button for a paid transaction accelerator. pushtx.btc.com I believe. They want 20 USD to accelerate my transaction. Is this a scam?

Interesting. I sent the 1.3BTC from Electrum using my mac laptop (so its an Electrum.app).

Are you saying that I can install an electrum app on my iPhone, use the same login / seed/ private key data and re-send the 1.3 BTC again??

>Is this a scam?
no, this is bitcoin segwit™ brought to you by lukejr® sponsored by blockstream©

By the way, it's no longer 72hrs, corestream had this upped quietly to 2 weeks as part of their strategy months ago. This is to drive up onchain tx fees so they can cripple bitcoin and force users to pay for their segwit bullshit product

yes correct, this is called double spending / intercepting the initial tx before it gets confirmed. Perfectly valid since you hold the priv keys

If you zoom the chart out to 60 days you will see the relation to an average memory pool size on the network. Imagine your computer being low on memory due to numerous open applications. The chart is all the ram on all of the nodes for the network.

When the memory capacity spikes high like this nodes need a way to decide what to process and what to ignore. Likely other transactions are paying slightly higher fees cutting you off until traffic normalizes, the transaction times out or you process a double spend causing it to cancel the first order described by This is exactly why BTC is going through these hardforks right now.

Interesting!!! Might go this route if it doesn't clear by tomorrow.

Ahhh!! This makes sense too.

Thanks for the explanation.

Its not urgent anymore, I missed the near 6K sell I wanted to get in on yesterday. Ive had good luck (so far) buying at 5500 and selling at 6000. Wanted to do a repeat of that but its too late now.

Today /biz was helpful. Some of you guys are alright, dont go to Guam tomorrow.

Just picked up 2K worth of ETH. Thx!

tradeblock.com/bitcoin
this is a much more useful way of seeing what the hell is going on with the mempool when you want to send coin
will be nicer once we have segwit on electrum wallets. hopefully this is out with the next version stat... they are a little behind schedule

More pics pls. Feet.

lol i randomly received 1.3 bitcoin today

whats up guys

this ass is photoshoped

No, its not.

I have more of her but I got banned for 3 days last time (they aren't blue board approved)

Crap! Send it back please!

Please post user.

Ok, heres one that shouldnt get me banned:

Why lie bro? Post more.

I cant post more or I'll get banned again (not that it was a big deal to change IP's but hey, I respect /biz a bit)

Nice tattoo of a dong with wings.

Who cares about being banned....lurk moar faggot.

Dump that shitcoin and use Bitcoin Cash dumbarse

No you don't, post moar

is that butt photoshopped?

Hmmm seems like they created a problem to sell the solution....to bad they will be irrelevant in 3 weeks

Im in the process of sending 7 x ETH to MEW and even that has so far taken 1:34 and hasn't been completed (though at least the block confirmations # is ticking up).

WTF

*correction, disregard. the ETH transaction had gone thru just fine in under an hour*

use the viabtc accelerator. make sure you use at the beginning of an hour. always worked for me.

Looks like you're going to have to go inside the blockchain itself you retrieve your bitcoins. You'll have to fight the miners, though. They're some tough fuckers.

weird, eth usually takes me less than 3 minutes to transfer and i only use about $1 worth of fees.

post tx hash, ill confirm it, miner here.

d93694150f86f57b6d5b9dcd66a5a1ae6d0182a10ffd6ec98d469796d5fed87d

Crap. I’m at the bar on my cellphone. Can’t seen to find an Electrum app on the App Store so I cant get the TXID until I get back to my laptop.

Jesus. What kind of gear do I bring??

yeah, post it later I guess.

Transaction ID: f9312e2677c315ce5c16f938aaf69ed4931110b8f28c5bdbb24fef7113b86b73

had the same problem, i received like after 1day. maybe even a little longer , i remember waiting like 18 hours, went to sleep, woke up and it arrived.

Wow futuristic money, 18 hours for a transaction that only cost $2-3!

Meanwhile Bitcoin Cash would take ~10 minutes or instant if you accept zero-conf and cost you a fraction of a cent.

or vtc