War is Hell

Post pictures of war being Hell

Bonus points for eyewitness accounts of the horror of war by the men who fought it throughout history

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LI0yKMO6J9Y&t
youtube.com/watch?v=mRPFQMO8yX4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>those faces

Why did they never figure out that Banzai charges DON'T FUCKING WORK?

Photo made by American war correspondent Julien Bryan on the outskirts of besieged Warsaw in september 1939, and his memoirs from that day
>As we drove by a small field at the edge of town we were just a few minutes too late to witness a tragic event, the most incredible of all. Seven women had been digging potatoes in a field. There was no flour in their district, and they were desperate for food. Suddenly two German planes appeared from nowhere and dropped two bombs only two hundred yards away on a small home. Two women in the house were killed. The potato diggers dropped flat upon the ground, hoping to be unnoticed. After the bombers had gone, the women returned to their work. They had to have food.
>But the Nazi fliers were not satisfied with their work. In a few minutes they came back and swooped down to within two hundred feet of the ground, this time raking the field with machine-gun fire. Two of the seven women were killed. The other five escaped somehow.
>While I was photographing the bodies, a little ten-year old girl came running up and stood transfixed by one of the dead. The woman was her older sister. The child had never before seen death and couldn't understand why her sister would not speak to her...
>The child looked at us in bewilderment. I threw my arm about her and held her tightly, trying to comfort her. She cried. So did I and the two Polish officers who were with me...

The body of a French boy hangs from a tree after being blasted up by a German shell. The Battle of Verdun, 1916.

Supposedly this was taken during the first few days of Operation Barbarossa. Would it be better to die in the first days of fighting or live to serve a couple years more on the Eastern Front before either dying or captured and sent to Siberia?

> we were just a few minutes too late to witness a tragic event, the most incredible of all.
Is there something about becoming a journalist that turns you into a fucking demon, or is it just selection bias since they're all IC pawns?

Here are three gruesome accounts from three different eras

Fucking cuck coward, war is glorious.

The British officer John Masters recorded in his autobiography that Afghan women in the North-West Frontier Province of British India during the Second Anglo-Afghan War would castrate non-Muslim soldiers who were captured, like British and Sikhs.[15][16] They also used an execution method involving urine; Pathan women urinated into prisoner's mouths.[17] Captured British soldiers were spread out and fastened with restraints to the ground, then a stick, or a piece of wood was used to keep their mouth open to prevent swallowing. Pathan women then squatted and urinated directly into the mouth of the man until he drowned in the urine, taking turns one at a time.

Choices- Starve to death,get consumed in a flamethrower attack, commit suicide or go out in one bigass banzai charge with your buddies.

War is fun!

>tfw will never find a dominant psycho gf from the army

Anything would be better than that Siberia option.

Are there any books that show the full violence and misery of war in the pre-gunpowder world?

They mostly achieved their objective which was to take lives and strike fear. They never expected to survive or to make an actual difference, it was all preparation for the defense of the home islands.

>fotografieren verboten!

lol

This was Col. Fenton's son, he was a scout sniper in his father's Regiment

This just sounds like the guy had a weird fetish and made this shit up to get his jollies.

I thought German tanks were shit, Veeky Forums? What gives?

Perhaps the best idea from late April 1945: "Why not take the Mark V tank from the nearby museum for a counterattack?"

War is not hell

What is it then?

is this the gulf war? source?

I wonder in how many wars did you participate

Something much worse

imagine how disgusting and horrifying most of those photos would look in colour
b&w makes it look... I don't know, maybe "unnatural"

note the flies

I just imagine the smell... we've all smelled a dead animal. Imagine the smell of rotting corpses after they've been outside for a few days.

youtube.com/watch?v=LI0yKMO6J9Y&t

So that's where Gundam F91 got the idea...

reminds me of this, can't find the close up tho

This is from a 1950s West German movie called The Bridge.

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs,
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots,
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of gas-shells dropping softly behind.

Gas! GAS! Quick, boys!—An ecstasy of fumbling
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time,
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling
And flound’ring like a man in fire or lime.—
Dim through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

If in some smothering dreams, you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil’s sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,—
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.

War isn't Hell. War is war, and Hell is Hell. And of the two, war is a lot worse.

>How do you figure, Hawkeye?

Easy, Father. Tell me, who goes to Hell?

>Sinners, I believe.

Exactly. There are no innocent bystanders in Hell. War is chock full of them - little kids, cripples, old ladies. In fact, except for some of the brass, almost everybody involved is an innocent bystander.

Sounds like femdom erotica to me. Are there any other accounts of this bizarre execution method?
Couldn't the soldiers spit out or even swallow the urine and not drown? People can swallow with their mouth forced open

You fell for a leftypol meme

they weren't shit. the problem was that Germany could barely produce them because of how expensive every tanks was.
while USA and USSR would make thousands of shermans and t-34's, Germany would make one Tiger II. and it would get stuck in a trench, because yeah, they actually were shit...

Holy shit, I thought they were rocks at first

Not a pic but i think this is the appropriate thread. youtube.com/watch?v=mRPFQMO8yX4

I helped out at a veteran's event and one of the guys recalled flying over Romania when he was shot down. He walks into a town after several days and everyone comes out to look at him. A huge guy with an ax hits him but a lady runs up and calms him down and then they walk away crying. After a little bit laying there the mayor comes out with a doctor and explains what happened. The man and woman were a couple that had lost all of their children when the town was hit in an air raid. The woman said that killing a random man in a uniform would not bring their family back. A German truck rolls up to take him away and the couple watch. He does not look at them.

The man then breaks down at this point in the story and says that he had been the commander for the bombing run on that town, and if someone had killed his family like that he would have killed them. He would not have had the moral integrity that lady showed that day. He has dreams about them about what they did in life and what kind of family they had. Where he says how sorry he is. But he has always been too afraid to go back.

This is a from a movie. Never post here again.

Blood Red Roses has the archaeological reports from a 15th century battlefield mass grave.

Nobody claims the Panther didn't have good frontal armor.