Historical architecture thread...

Historical architecture thread, just saw this gem at Half Priced Books and it sparked my interest in Turkish architecture.

excuse me but im a bout to go full Mughal

anyone triggered by the mere mention of Islam should avoid this thread for the time being

It brings a tear to my eye seeing the wonderous works my BLACK TURKISH ANCESTORS have given to the world

does anyone know the deal with the red stone?

>Hagia Sophia
>Turkish

Fuck off you STUPID FUCKING IDIOT. I fucking HATE YOU with all my FUCKING HEART YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT FUCKSTAIN

Weren't the Mughals genocidal maniacs?

for a bit, yeah
Aurangzeb was honestly the worst thing to happen to the empire
if his brother got the throne instead, they wouldn't alienate their population by massacring people who showed any sign of dissidence

>become emperor of a superpower
>spend the whole time smoking opium
>build your wife an elaborate mausoleum (Taj Mahal, I'm not gonna post it) that becomes the longest-lasting legacy of your empire

OP here, I'm genuinely impressed.

Mughals architecture isn't Turkish, it's more Indo-Persian.

I can't help but rage at the Hagia Sophia being on a book named "Turkish Art and Architecture". That is akin to A picture of Konigsberg (Kaliningrad) starring on a book titled "Russian Architecture"...

Sorry, you got me there

BLACKED chr*Stchan when?

>Aurangzeb was honestly the worst thing to happen to the empire
Wew, this is one of the dumbest things I hear about Aurangzeb.

What do you think was going to happen to an Islamic empire when it's (mostly pagan) citizens couldn't relate to it? It was already tearing apart at the seams in Shah Jehans time.
>if his brother
His brother attempted to do the same by trying find a link between Islam and Hinduism whereas Aurengzab preferred to try and convert them outright.

Their goal was literally the same but Aurengzab was more militaristic so he naturally won in the war for succession.

>His brother attempted to find a link between Islam and Hinduism
>whereas Aurengzab preferred to try and convert them outright.
>Their goal was literally the same

my son....

Their end goal was the same. There's nothing that suggests that his brother wouldn't have done the same when his plan (probably) didn't work out.