Starting out

Hey Veeky Forums

I have about 40k USD saved up and am looking for someplace to invest it (or some of it), seeing as i know nothing about crypto and the terms here what highlights can you give me? What should i look into and what are your suggestions?

Whatever you do, don't put it in chainlink

safest bet is Bitcoin

all into bitcoin and just leave it there for the foreseeable future

How does one go and actually invest in Bitcoin?

dont buy bitcoin its about to crash!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make an account on a crypto exchange such as coinbase or bittrex and just buy it...

Coinbase or u can lookup ways to buy Bitcoin in country u might find a better option
since coinbase takes some time
i can buy bitcoin with cash and it takes 45 min and the fee is 0.1%

But before buying anything do ur own research and dont fucking trust /biz if u buy a coin thats shilled on /biz RIP money
thats the best advice i can give you

Seeing as how high BTC currently is, is it really realistic prices will go up as time goes by? Should i wait for it to drop a bit before?

usually when bitcoin reaches a new ATH it retraces by 40% but since B2X is coming soon im not sure if we are gonna see that big of a dip
It might actually pump again since Coinbase is going to support B2X and thats just free money
But in 2 months Bitcoin will be atleast 7k its just the safest bet in the long run u cant lose money with bitcoin even if ur down tomorrow in 1 month ur gonna be up 20%

>Coinbase is going to support B2X and thats just free money

How is it free money? When you spend one, the other will disappear. And if one rises in value, the other will fall.

If u have 1 btc during the fork after the fork u will have 1 btc and 1 b2x
and if u sell ur b2x u dont lose ur btc its 2 different coins

Whats the best place to start buying some BTC if i am living outside the US?

Where do you live ?

In jewland

just use coinbase then that way u wont need to move ur btc to get b2x

It seems coinbase isnt supported for Israel what, wat do?
Can i create a payonner bank account stated in the US and use that to buy from coinbase?

Ive also seen BTH might be a good investment , how do i get that? convert bougt BTC to BTH?

LINK

Bitcoin and Ethereum are definitely your safest bets to earn money over time if that's your goal. Personally I would go to coinbase and buy 50% BTC and 50% eth that's the absolute safest thing you can do. Then of course you would want to follow the trends so your money 'smart' and don't let it tank without shorting.

Yep, Bitcoin and ETH are the safest longterm holds.

Even if Bitcoin were to crash to 40% of it's value it will eventually recover and climb higher than it was. Been a damn "bubble" for at least 4 years now.

Money is smart*

I cant use coinbase to buy anything since its unsupported in my country, what should i do instead? can i buy from somewhere else and transfer it to coinbase?

Im on my phone and it didnt fucking post reeeeee
Google ways to buy bitcoin in israel
I saw that u can do it through banks or in cash

Im the guy from the beginning but i went outside so different ID

K man thanks a bunch, is there a wallet app i should get that centrelizes most currencies? I have looked into Jaxx, or is it better to have a different wallet for each currency?

Buy vanguard 2045 fund

Easy. Buy feathercoin. Trendy coin of the day today and will at least double by EOD. Sell back to BTC when you've doubled then hold BTC till you find another coin you like.

Do not listen to this cocksmoker go all in on link

Put it in 50/50 Bitcoin and Ethereum, but not right now. Wait a few months, say until January, and then go all in on those coins. We're at our near the height of the bull market and standing on very unsteady ground right now, there'll be a crash in the near future after maybe one more bullrun, maximum.

u can use jaxx i use it myself
also buying abit of bitcoin at the start and see how everything works all the wallets exchanges buy some ethereum transfer it aswell some tokens just try stuff out with abit of money so u get the graps of it
also do ur research about other coins that ur buying and remember that only bitcoin is a guranteed profit in the long run

DOVU and QVT

I wouldn't devote more than 25% to crypto. I'd do at least half of that in Eth/Btc. Play around with about 500 in alt coins for a few weeks to learn before putting any more into alts. Ignore the shillers.

im back home

Cool man, thanks for the help getting me started so far, i've got coinbase set up but i cant puchase funds alone with it from my country, might try other chaneles, but should i transfer them to coinbase or use Jaxx? is it easy to transfer funds between wallets? what site is generally better for buying/selling/transfering coins (all kinds of coins)?

Like i said use google to find ways to buy bitcoin in israel and yeah its rly easy to transfer bitcoin around and there are alot of exchanges but generally it is thought that bittrex is the best one

Will do, got 1 more question -
What happens if i want to cash out on my coins? How do i go and do that?

All in on omisego, you'll thank me later.