Youtube historians

Which ones do you follow?
I'm subscribed to The Great War and IT's HISTORY channels,Indiana 'Indy' Neidell is based and he's been right on most of his videos. I am yet to find him be so wrong about his history facts to trigger me enough into a reply. If you can find some, let me know.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i8u6EodZseg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The great war is really good, I follow it as well

"subscribe now and avoid a lonely death in the darkness"

I like TGW, but it always feels like shots hang 1 or two seconds too long after he ends a piece of monologue.
I can feel Indy's soulless, painful, life-devouring eyes piercing my arse every time it happens.

it comfy af tho

Though not a historian, I do like Feature History. I think he is funny, and the topics he picks are ones that not a lot of people know about.

>Survive the Jive
Focuses on early Indo-Europeans and their religion

>Forgotten Weapons
A bit too technical for me at times, but discusses the history of firearms

>GettsyburgNPS
U.S. Civil War history lectures

Bit of a newfag here, I never understood what "based" means, somebody fill me in pls

Knyght Errant seems to have solid methods for this armor videos
Mishaco is a firearms guy sort of like Forgotten Weapons (lo-fi), fairly interesting overviews, not 100 percent accurate but accurate enough
Metatron is hit-or-miss, but he does have some interesting videos on weapons and languages -- I wouldn't rely on him too much for history per se but worth looking at

On YouTube I mostly search for historical documentaries, there are generally one or two good ones on pretty much any general subject out there.

None. Youtube = shit credibility for me, really. In addition everything is fucking summarized.

There are college teachers who put their courses online though.

Exceptions really, but they are so boring that I'd rather read their books instead if they have any.

wrong, the documentaries alone often have first-hand interviews and footage from historical events, where else would you get that?

Start here
youtube.com/watch?v=i8u6EodZseg

Historia Civilis is fucking awesome.

I saw a couple of vids of Armchair history, and it looks ok. And the visuals are pleasant.

How can others even compete

>wrong, the documentaries alone often have first-hand interviews and footage from historical events, where else would you get that?
This thread is obviously premised on le podcast niggers and talking heads/kewl animation pop historians that consist most of youtube "historians."

Documentaries are another thing entirely. And even that can range from very pop history shit to actually scholarly ones.

lol

>simple history: WW2
>Hitler was a baddie who wanted to take over europe and america "liberated" europe from him
>that's all kids!

user, you're supposed to mock him, not directly state objective facts in greentext.

except they're not

>I learn my history from youtube

does it really matter where knowledge comes from?

>i learned how to count in a toilet
>heh, well i learnt it in a gold plated palace.

>I like my cereal after 40 niggers stuck their dicks into it

Of all the supremely retarded things he's ever said (and he's said many), this easily is the greatest.

I respect him because he's the only who doesn't seem like he's reading of a Wikipedia page

Horrible narration though

>only releases one video per month
>still waiting to figure out what happens after Caesar crossed the Rubicon

I'll never find out I guess

That’s pretty ignorant thinking. YouTube is filled with great, accurate history content

>>Survive the Jive
good taste

indeed adolf hitler just wanted his humble people to be left alone. they weren't mad or nothing about wwi honest.

There's only one youtube historian for me

you messed up the pic you cuck

Military History visualized is bretty good. He uses a lot of primary sources and not only on WW 2 autism

C&Rsenal is the GOAT for WW1 weaponry.
Sorta like Forgotten Weapons on steroids, but whereas Ian will summarize the history in 2-3 minutes and then spend 5 minutes talking about the mechanics, the C&Rsenal guy will spend upwards of an hour talking about the history, plus context, plus mechanics, plus shooting segments (which ForgottenWeapons does rarely because most of the guns he does videos on are auction items/museum pieces).

Can't go wrong with Jazby for little snippets, and Townsends for some comfy cooking.

How else am i gonna get the milk?

TGW is good, too bad most of their subscribers don't seem to actually watch their videos. I also like Military History Visualized, History Civilis and Townsends.

The worst is probably Jazby, who's videos sound straight from a Wikipedia article; same as Simple History but instead only the first paragraph, but atleast Simple History puts effort into their animations.

Townsend looks nice, might check him out later.

Ten Minute History is pretty good. He doesn't have many videos, and they're rather simple in their presentation, but they're well-researched, engaging and generally completely free of bias or emotion-driven narrative (unlike The Great War). He's doing a 40 part series now on British history, from the Romans to the present day, and his most recent video - around part 16 or 17 - is about the Wars of Scottish Independence.

I also like Kings and Generals. Their older stuff kind of sucks mostly due to the narrator, but recently they got a new narrator who is vastly better. They mostly do military history, which appeals to me more than any other type of history. They go very in-depth for certain campaigns and battles, and cover some more underrated and obscure wars and figures too.

>history channel
>real history
Pick one.