Who was the most important person in history?

Who was the most important person in history?

I go back and forth between Jesus and Mohammad because while Jesus had the most important religious tradition by far, Mohammad had a bigger influence on his religion and has had more fanatic followers.

Jesus Christ was able to accomplish what he had without violent conquests, contrary to Mohammed's way of handling things. It is amazing how peaceful the foundation of Christianity was, although coopted by Rome itself, Christianity took on new conventions, foreshadowing the Crusades of the High Middle Ages.

The Crusades may be seen as justified, depending on their handling, yet the notable Inquisitions were highly troublesome, bloody affairs, generally.

shameless bump

Islam were originally Arian Christianity until Muhammad decide to make it OCdonutsteal with himself as the center.

Leonardo Da Vinci is pretty widely considered the most influential person of the 2nd millennia, Christ being the most influential of the first. But I'd also easily give Henry Ford, Marx, and Martin Luther a run for their money as well. Trying really hard to throw in a non Westerner but I mean.. come on.

Robespierre/Napoleon

>Henry Ford, Marx, and Martin Luther
>Not Temujin, Colombus, Al-Ghazali or Louis XIV
Nigger do you even history

I'm just thinking of those that had the impacts that really led to the world we have today, as lasting influences on the modern age would take pretty important and influential historical figures. Columbus was a good pick too, as are the others.

Alexander was the pivot of human history

If it's the modern age then it'd have to be 18th century onwards I guess.

But I'm stuck between Abraham, Muhammad or ol' Chinggis. Abraham created the most influential ideologies in the globe, which eventually led to Muhammad, who after his unification of the Arabian tribes caused the collapse of the two largest and oldest empires on the planet and gave the chance for new powers to rise.

Genghis conquered China but he also indirectly caused the birth of the Ottomans and his descendants (Kublai, Timur, Babur etc etc) would be just as influential in parts of Asia. Hell, it's only because of Timur that Russia shook off Mongolian rule to later annex Central Asia in revenge.

There's so many choices to choose from. There's also Buddha, Augustus, Cyrus etc

But I think Hitler should take the credit as the most important person in the modern era since he virtually led to the collapse of every remaining empire.

Julius Caesar, Octavian or Shakespeare.

>may be
>europeans got together to stop muslims invading north cutting everyone's heads off
Sounds pretty justified to me brah

Jesus definitely, his influence is unmatched as the originator of all the major Abrahamic religions and sects. The Meccans merely latched onto the growing Christian movement, and with the sponsorship of the nearby Christians of Axum they created their own sect with the Meccan 'Muhammad' as one of its prophets.

Jesus is meme tier not real k thx bai

Belisarius

Alexander the Great, no contest

Temujin as fuck.

>Temujin
Meme, his conquests were irrevelant (and so were the Christians he genocided)
>Al-Ghazali
Literal meme, islamic fundamentalism has nothing to do with rejection of Greek philosophy by not-so-famous philosopher
>Louis XIV
Another meme, his servants did almost everything for him while he gets the credit

Jesus definately
He took down the roman empire

...Tesla?

Anyone?

Someone that made human tehnology skyrocket in very short amount of time

Who ever "Eve" was historically.

Ghengis Khan, without a doubt.

Mohammad is derivative off of Jesus.

Jesus wins again.

Anyone not saying alexander should be gas

Mohammad was definitely a real person, while records of Jesus as we know him are sketchy as fuck. Neither one of them are close to the most influential people in history. They are not even the most influential people in their region.

>Mohammad had a bigger influence on his religion and has had more fanatic followers
>Jesus Christ's religion is the cross he died on and his called Christianity after his title
>Muhammed's religion is called Islam instead of Muhammedianity and it's symbols is either a crescent or retarded scribbling

Fucked that post up. first line is a quotation, Christianities symbol is the cross Christ died on and is named after him. Muhammeds religion of submission is just his bdsm fantasies playing out with multiple women

Mohammad also didn't have a giant DLC pack like the epistles(especially the Pauline) that ended up contributing greatly to the beliefs of the faith, and now Christianity is so divided it's barely even a cohesive tradition anymore. Also Muslims are definitely more devout than Christians(maybe not for all of history, but definitely now).
I guess it depends on what you consider important. I picked the people who had the greatest influence on how people in general live and behave(I'm OP btw) so that leads me to highly consider religious figures. Christianity and Islam are the two biggest religions and ones that required a relatively large amount of devotion.

Of course, if you're judging by something else, then you'll come to a different conclusion.

Alexander the Great
Mostly because he would inspire 2000 years of westerners looking to the east for glory, the other big figure being Cortez which inspired the west to look west. Since the west is the only relevant world history that’s pretty much my argument