Swing Trading

I think i pretty much got the theory part down.
Any imaginary trade i make is completely on the mark, but i have a problem.
How do you start doing it with real money ?

I can only think about the sudden explosions/collapses, and i'm taken by decision paralysis.
How do you stop being a pussy that is essentially passing up safe bets ?

You should probably try stop being a pussy and essentially passing up safe bets, and instead swing trade REAL money.

Yes but how ?

He just told you. Stop being s pussy. I just made 2k today swing trading lol. Real money makes me hard asf

Are you defining your risk? In your trade set ups do you know exactly at what point you would get out of a trade because it's not doing what you expected it to do? Defining risk will reduce your fear as you would know exactly how much you stand to lose if the trade fails.

Yes but i never think about merely the wrong calls, but the catastrophic failures where it moves more than 3% every minutes.
Those movements traumatised me i think, and i din't even lose money with them. Even made a lot since they always moved in my favour.

BUT WHAT IF THEY DON'T MOVE IN MY DIRECTION

That's why you write a bot to do it for you

Give it a little money first, and then progressively more if it keeps succeeding.

Put real money in
Trade with it

Not really understanding the question here

Man up fag.

How.
To both.

I'm seriously thinking it. But i'd have to learn how to do it from scratch, and that can't take less than three months.

I really need to remove my starting money.
That must be my block, losing what i started with.
Playing with money that isn't mine to begin with must be the trick.

>BUT WHAT IF THEY DON'T MOVE IN MY DIRECTION
Before you enter a trade you look at the risk, the total loss you would incur if the trade fails, then ask yourself "is the risk worth the potential reward?". If the answer is yes then take the trade otherwise don't. If you're having so much fear entering a trade then either you're not defining risk, you have no idea how much you stand to lose, or you're risking more than you are comfortable with. Which is it?

Just do it it’s simple as f . U wont win every time and each time u make mistakes u learn.Put small amount at first to get your feets wet

That's the thing, all the money on the market is money i don't need to live. And the reward is always interesting. But i can only see the risk.
The reward is mainly irrelevant for my limbic system, it could be 34% gains, i'd still only think about the potential 2-9% loss, when i KNOW for a fact it'd be less than 2 or 1%.

Fuuuck. I guess this behaviour is what enabled me to not lose anything, but it's getting in the way.
I'm limited to making retardedly obvious and certain trades now.

I tried that.
Felt exactly the same way when using 1% of my hoard than when using 100%.
This is retarded, i'm retarded.

Trading isnt as hard as you think it is. From a few months ago i went from not knowing anything to where i am now. I started with 3k an im now bouncing around the 40k mark. Sure i lost some money but i have made significantly more than i have lost. Im no expert by any means but i do read a lot every day and some of my choices are riskier than others but overall i play it reasonably safe. I have also done dumb YOLO trades which i fully accept the losses and the winnings. Only put in what you are willing to lose. And if you are worried cash out your initial investment after you have made good gains and the rest is "free" money that what ever the amount it is at the end of the day just know you won't be losing money as you already took some out.

Sound like your trade size are too large if 2-9% loss is scaring you.

Yeah, i need to do that.
It's the only thing i didn't try at this point, due to my greed.
But who cares about the potential gains the initial investment would bring since you don't use it in the first place your dumb faggot.

I assure you they're not.
I tried playing with only 10$, well 0.001BTC, many, many times.
Exactly the same emotions as when using 1% or 100% and everything in between.
It's probably obvious, but i feel the need to say i never used and will never use leverage.

>I tried playing with only 10$, well 0.001BTC, many, many times.
>Exactly the same emotions as when using 1% or 100% and everything in between.

Woah mate just making sure you take them out and dont get too greedy waiting for more gains and losing the lot. play conservative if you are worried. Small gains are better than none.

>safe bets
Lol dude stop being a puss
I've been flipping a coin to decide whether I go short or long (5x) on ETH/BTC and I've made like 20% gain this week. Just set reasonable limit orders and don't freak out and close if you're -4%.

Where do you even go to swing trade? And how do I make money from this shit?

Stop being a pussy.

Also keep a huge buffer (if you're trading CFD's or something with massive leverage), that way, if you say go short, and you get squeezed, you can ride it out & make bank.

Yesterday for 6 hours I was sitting looking at a 3k loss on paper because I went short on BTC too early. Closed with a 1k profit, could have closed with 2.5 had I not set it to auto-profit.

Those 3% swings go both ways user :P. As long as you're on the right trend, you will be right eventually, you just need to have the stones (and the margin) to be patient.

The fun thing about crypto trading is that it's not real money. 0.1 BTC is worth enough to make me sweat, but I feel absolutely nothing when I trade it.