Anglo-Saxon

Post everything Anglo-Saxon related here. Manuscript illuminations, depictions of Anglo-Saxon warriors, depictions of Anglo-Saxon buildings and towns, stained glasd windows of Anglo-Saxon saints, Anglo-Saxon poetry, anything goes.

When i said "anything goes" i meant in the period of the first Anglo-Saxon migrations up to 1066

I like Anglo-Saxon threads too but if we make too many too often people will start hating them and fill them with shit posts whenever they see them.

Why would people hate them. IMO it's the comfiest period in English history
Pictured is the inspiration for Aragorn in LOTR

Just asking, but weren't huskarls mostly of mixed Anglo-Danish descent ?

I know and I agree but I think people who don't will get annoyed if there's loads of threads about them all the time

I think the concept was introduced by Cnut with some being Danish and others English, not really sure though

Well let's just see how this thread goes for future reference

Thx.

Here come my boys Hengest and Horsa, among the first Anglo-Saxons to settle here

The lads. Vortigern eternally BTFO

Are there any sources on how the local Celtic Briton population saw Anglo-Saxons? Were they always seen as dirty foreigners even after embracing Catholicism?

Good question. Ask the Welsh

VIKINGS GET OFF MY ISLAND

Anglo-Saxon ship

I was just about to make an Anglo-Saxon general, good timing.

Is it true that a big reason why the Anglo-Saxons converted to Christianity was because of Rome's legacy? I took an Anglo-Saxon literature class a while back and my teacher was talking about how when the Anglo-Saxons came over to Britain they were still building homes out of sticks and mud and they saw the ruins of old Roman forts and halls that were built of stone and towered over them. He said they saw these as technological marvels and believed the Romans must have been brilliant giants to build such things. He said the Anglo-Saxons wanted to be as great as the Romans so they tried to imitate them, one such means of imitation was them converting to Christianity.

>try to find out about the history of Germanic Saxon religion
>can't find shit because of the surplus of history from Anglo wewuzzers

Along with a conquered Christian Romano-British nobility yeah.