Say a female slave gave birth to a child conceived by her owner. How would the child be treated...

Say a female slave gave birth to a child conceived by her owner. How would the child be treated? Would the owner even acknowledge it was his? Would he treat them better than other slaves?

The only story I know about a owner-slave is Jefferson's, so I was looking for other examples. Can be from any time or place in history.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7qvs5WPitMc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas-Alexandre_Dumas#Early_life
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends on the owner and where he lives. Most likely though, he wouldn't formally acknowledge the kid as his but still treat him better and have him work in the house instead of the fields. If he were particularly benevolent he might even teach them how to read.

the children of chatel slaves are usually slaves as well. Though the inheritor can free them if they want.

>Can be from any time or place in history
Meaning there are dozens of different ways to answer, at minimum.

Read some books or something before posing this sort of ridiculous question.

In Rome as far as I remember the child was still a slave, but was given lighter work than other slaves usually. I think I also recall one anecdote where a man wanted to declare a child born from a slave he'd fucked as a legitimate son and everyone agreed he was fucking retarded.

Thank you for your contribution, faggot.

The child is a bastard. If the master ain't a cruel shit, he would basically so this: If the Master was married though his wife would probably treat the child and mother like fucking shit fir being literally cucked. Or if she was nice and a cuckquean she would unformally adopt the child as her own and not shit on them, but have her children still be better than the slave bastard.

>ywn be a roman patrician with the ability to walk up to any qt female slave you want and insert your cock into her anus while no one can do anything about it

Sad.

There's the freedom of the womb law, sometimes.

>ywn be a Roman patrician who gets to rape all of your cute female and male slaves and when the wifey is out you get an orgy started where you fuck a young 15yo in the pusspuss while a 17yo beardless youth fondles your balls and tongues your asshole
:(

If we're talking 18th and 19th century America, it honestly just depended on the man/owner and the circumstance.

Generally, if the man was unmarried or widowed, he would be more likely to treat his 'slave' children better. Either by not forcing them to work at all or by giving them the relatively lighter tasks of a house slave. He might free them, either during his lifetime or afterward.

If the man was married, and especially if he had legitimate children with his wife, it became a bit more complicated. Wives were known for beating the fuck out of the slaves their husbands had 'affairs' with, and if a child resulted from that union they would view it was both a symbol of their husband's moral degeneracy and a potential threat to their own children's futures.

Location mattered too. For instance, the children of owner-slave relationships in New Orelans fared much better because of the high population of mulattos in NO and the stricter laws regarding treatment of slaves which made truly inhumane treatment the exception rather than the rule.

Here's a recollection from a slave who was purchased specifically for a sexual relationship and who had children, not sure where she was from though:

>Mr. Williams told me what he bought me for soon as we started for New Orleans. He said if I behave myself he'd treat me well; but, if not, he'd whip me almost to death. He was over forty; I guess pretty near fifty. Everybody knew I was housekeeper, but he never let on that he was the father of my children. I did all the work in his house nobody there but me and the children. When he had company, gentlemen folks, he took them to the hotel.

Williams promised her that if she would go to New York with him that he would make it so she and the children were free after his death. She agreed and when he died, he had kept his word and she and the children were legally free.

Dats gay bro. Would you really settle for faggotry when you could fuck a limitless amount of qt roman girls and women whenever you wanted?

In the United States slavery depended on the condition of the mother: if the mother was a slave, then the child was a slave. But on the rare occasions where a white woman had the child of a black slave, then the child would be a free citizen.

I learned that on an episode of Finding Your Roots, where it was discovered that Wanda Sykes descendants had been free blacks in the US since the 1600s, when a white indentured servant girl had a black guy's baby.

it's not gay if you're the one fucking them
and I'm not just saying that, to Romans it was penetrater > penetrated, you could fuck all the female or male cuties you wanted as long as you were the one putting your dick in them

>Wives were known for beating the fuck out of the slaves their husbands had 'affairs' with

Case in point, from a book about former rlaves recollections of their lives during slavery.

>Maria was a thirteen-year-old house servant. One day, receiving no response to her call, the mistress began searching the house for her. Finally, she opened the parlor door, and there was the child with her master. The master ran out of the room, mounted his horse and rode off to escape, 'though well he knew that [his wife's] full fury would fall upon the young head of his victim.' The mistress beat the child and locked her up in a smokehouse. For two weeks the girl was constantly whipped. Some of the elderly servants attempted to plead with the mistress on Maria's behalf, and even hinted that 'it was mass'r that was to blame.' The mistress's reply was typical: 'She'll know better in the future. After I've done with her, she'll never do the like again, through ignorance.'

>I learned that on an episode of Finding Your Roots

Roman society sounds pretty cool.

People had harsher punishments for less in the old world.

What?

youtube.com/watch?v=7qvs5WPitMc

Actually I've changed my mind, the concept is cooler now that I took a minute to think about it and it doesn't look cheesy at all.

And? What does that have to do with a quote about a 13 year old child slave getting whipped for weeks after being raped by her owner?

It means her mistress should've been Elizabeth Bathory.

IIRC the Code of Hammurabi decreed that children born to slave-slaveowner relationships were automatically free at birth.

Hammurabi was a cuck faggot confirmed
fucking your female slaves = infinite free slaves

>fucking your female slaves = infinite free slaves
Brilliant. It's like cheat codes for real life. Now all we have is crypto mining bullshit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas-Alexandre_Dumas#Early_life

FUCK OFF

Typing the words "read some books before" should be a permanent bannable offense on this board. It's a fucking forum for discussion, if you want to just try and destroy every conversation then go fuck off back to /b/

I agree but also OP should really narrow their question down before posting because there are countless answers depending on the country, time period and person.

It'd be like asking "What did people wear outside back then?"

>. It's a fucking forum for discussion, if you want to just try and destroy every conversation then go fuck off back to /b/

because people should at least have a bare minimum of knowledge yb jewgling shit up just a bit before posting. People shouldn't have to spoonfeed you answers.

>cuckquean

Being a good person is not the same thing as being a masochistic bisexual.

Really depended on the owner, I'm not aware of any laws anywhere that gave a slaveowner's kids by a slave a particular legal status. Often treated better or outright manumitted.

Again this is a discussion board, the entire point is to have conversations. It's not an exam, this guy actually asked a legitimate decent question which actually is discussion worthy

It is a pretty dumb question though.
>how did they fight back then?
>how did they eat?

Cato the Younger was literally the child (or maybe grandchild?) of one such men. Variance on the subject is so great it hardly bears discussing.

>Say a female slave gave birth
male slave mpreg

>Be Brazilian
>Fuck all slaves
>DonĀ“t take care of any and treat all of them as regular slaves
>some generations later
>almost every slave is a mulato
>slaves are free
>everyone is fucking
>Everyone is a mulato now, only south part is more European and northwest is pure degeneracy

American slave masters raped their slave girls all the time to produce mulattoes who would serve as "house niggers"

>and everyone agreed he was fucking retarded
Fucking lol
Source?