No great empire

>no great empire
>no great philosophy
>no great men
*yawn*
What has this shithole ever done for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malayan_Emergency
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srivijaya
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majapahit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borobudur
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prambanan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandala_(political_model)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasion_of_Java
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gajah_Mada
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakawin_Sutasoma
youtube.com/watch?v=qn1PAU0awK8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

vietnam probably kicked your nation's ass at some point in history, unless if you're an irrelevant shithole

>*yawn*
are you actually 14 years old, or do you just talk like one

Preserved the original Buddhist teachings as close they possibly could without the Mahayana stuff

Butthurt SEAnigger.

>US
>Japan
>China
>France
When did it fuck up Russia, Germany, and the UK?

I was just reading about the
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malayan_Emergency
from 1948-1960 featuring an alliance of UK, AUS, NZ, Malaya, and interestingly Rhodesia and Fiji against Chinese communists.

If anyone on /hist/ can tell me more I'd appreciate it

malaysia is lowkey fairly prosperous rn compared to a lot of backwater shitholes. half your computer was probably made there

and Malaysian has to import computer

>vietnam probably kicked your nation's ass
Did actually defeat any of the great powers? As I understand it, they generally got their asses handed to them until the other country couldn't be bothered anymore.

I'm pretty sure a lot of it have been covered in the Wikipedia article. That said, it seems to have been written by a Guardian author. It lists the war crime committed by the British, but none by the communists.

I honestly don't care much about the time period (1948-1960). The few early years, the British were a bit confused and killed some unarmed people (hence the war crime). The middle years, the British began to think carefully and coordinate more. The last years, the British thought "wouldn't it be great if we co-operated with the natives?".

Now that I really think about it, I don't care much at all about this region. Aside from the White Rajah, not much exciting stuffs happened here.

>the White Rajah
those guys were ballers

you know what you fucks sure are proud of being ignorant, on the small chance you are genuinely interested though you can start from random wiki article here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borobudur
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prambanan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandala_(political_model)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gajah_Mada
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakawin_Sutasoma

I have an old thread archived of this

>As far as peninsular Malaysia is concerned, the Malacca Sultanate was a tributary state and protectorate of the Ming dynasty who gave them protection from other powers like Thailand and the Majapahit. Malacca was one of the stops for Admiral Zheng He's treasure fleet mission, and the Malacca Sultan visited China to pay tribute to the Ming emperor. One of the Sultans of Malacca later married a Chinese woman, Princess Hang Li Po, and a wave of Chinese settlers intermarried with the locals and formed the Peranakan community.

>The Chinese were also later hostile to the Portuguese in part in response to the Portuguese conquest of Malacca.

Majapahit era Bronze cannon, examine the Surya Majapahit emblem on the bronze cannon

As far as i know Mongols failed to conquer Indonesia, just like Japan. Japan got lucky with their wind while Indonesia stabbed their back.

those honorable chinese are long gone. Only traitorous communist rats remain.

OK. I'm really bored anyway so I decided to write something.

It's honestly not as awesome as it sounds. The first White Rajah, Sir James, had to pacify the headhunters and put down a few rebellions. Once, when he was sick, a group of Chinks decided to rebel and he barely made it out alive. The merchants in London detested his pro-native policy and smeared his character. And all of that trouble for 2 decades, and what does it brings him? Not much. He became senile in his old years and even considered selling Sarawak to any European nations, even the Italians. Unfortunately for him, since Sarawak doesn't turn out any profit (since he made enemies with the merchants), nobody took up his offer. So there he was a senile old man in England, with nothing to show but a title.

The title was passed to Sir Charles, the second White Rajah. He was the right person for the right time. Stoic and conservative with the state budget, he managed to turn the finance of Sarawak around. But again, like his predecessor, hardship seems to follow him everywhere. But unlike his predecessor, he embraced it and gladly took on the burden. Every day, he wake up at 5 am, do his work and retire at night. And god forbid if he see you lazing around. He was feared and respected by the people of Sarawak. And at the end of his life, what does he have to show? A half blinded old man who detested luxury and can't even get his final wish granted due to the WW1.

Next in line was Vyner, the third White Rajah. He's the least interesting of the lot. Long story short, he doesn't seem to like being the White Rajah. He doesn't change Sarawak much and just let the time pass, until the Japanese came. Vyner was in Australia at that time, vacationing. Though credit must be given to him, he tries to let himself be captured by the Japanese because he want to share the misery of his people but was stopped by the Dutch in Batavia. After the war, the people of Sarawak welcome him back. And what does he have to show at the end of his life? Not much. He became a hermit and lived with wife till the end.

Honestly, the title “Rajah of Sarawak” seems like a curse.

If you can summarize it in three easy paragraphs then it's not interesting
*yawn*

thai-burma wars were a lot of fun

Philippines was a ragtag trading kingdom that traded as far as Europe to East Asia

>not being corrupted by (((civilization)))
>somehow a bad thing

Nigga what the fuck are you on about? Ever heard of the Khmer or Majapahit empires?

The Gallus gallus, ancestor of the modern chicken, is thought to have evolved there.

Poultry feeds the majority of the world. Both world wars used it as staple protein. Egg protein, due to its long room temperature shelf life, allows urbanization and colonization pre-refrigeration. You can kill a cow only once, but a laying hen can feed you for years.

There's more to history than just who killed who.

Southeast Asia could have been cooler had the Muslims (and later, Europeans) not fucked India.

Is there a proper name for the region?
South-East Asia sounds pretty bad

the mainand is called suvarnabhumi, insular is called nusantara

The East Indies sometimes refers to this area, sometimes this area and South Asia

Indonesia gave us spices,wealth and other cool stuff basically for free or low priced.

T Dutchman.

wtf I love south east asia now.

i think nutmeg and some other important spices came from there too

Prior Spanish Colonization (hell, the Philippines wont be unified until the Americans dragged the Northern and Southern bits of the place under its Philippine Colony), there was not a single ruling polity over the Philippines.

Just a smattering of tiny kingdoms, tribal confederacies, and settled & nomadic tribes.

Indochina and Insular Indochina

its not free

>Until the mid-19th century, the small island group of the Banda Islands, which are also known under the name "Spice Islands," was the only location of the production of the spices nutmeg and mace in the world. The Banda Islands are situated in the eastern part of Indonesia, in the province of Maluku. They consist of eleven small volcanic islands, called Neira, Gunung Api, Banda Besar, Rhun, Ai, Hatta, Syahrir, Karaka, Manukan, Nailaka and Batu Kapal, with a total approximate land area of 8,150 hectares.[16]

>In order to obtain a monopoly, on the production and trade of nutmeg, the Dutch East India Company (VOC) waged a bloody battle with the Bandanese in 1621. Historian Willard Hanna estimated that before this struggle the islands were populated by approximately 15,000 people, and only 1,000 were left (the Bandanese were killed, starved while fleeing, exiled or sold as slaves).[17] The Company constructed a comprehensive nutmeg plantation system on the islands during the 17th century. It included the nutmeg plantations for spice production, several forts for the defense of the spices, and a colonial town for trading and governance. The Dutch were not the only occupants of this region, however. The British skillfully negotiated with the village leaders on the island Rhun to protect them from the Dutch in exchange for a monopoly on their nutmeg. The village leader of Rhun accepted King James I of England as their sovereign, but the English presence on Rhun only lasted until 1624. Control of the Banda Islands continued to be contested until 1667 when, in the Treaty of Breda, the British ceded Rhun to the Dutch in exchange for the island of Manhattan and its city New Amsterdam (later New York) in North America.

you dutch did this in the other island too

>the British ceded Rhun to the Dutch in exchange for the island of Manhattan and its city New Amsterdam (later New York) in North America.
funny
But would New York have been successful without America?

*yawns at your *yawn**

It's like an anime when the hero gets beaten and he keeps rising again and again from the floor and wins in the end from sheer willpower.

top tier trannies

Can you post the source of these images?

I'm Indonesian, you can ask me anything.

what's the coolest historical state there

There's many, but the most notable ones are Majapahit and Srivijaya.

Greater Indonesia.

>t. Abdul Maeda.

>No great empire
>No great men
Hey, Americunt, have you ever heard about Vietnam war? Ya, that's right, kick your Murican white noisy sad boy in the rice field, make a generation shy and question about the power......
Yup, that's why Murican full with stupid white male+ nigger

The foods pretty good,

Boy you sure told us fishhead. You can’t talk until your country outgrows mud huts and thatch roofs

>Javanese """"history"""""
To the trash it goes.

Kruidniggers deserved it
youtube.com/watch?v=qn1PAU0awK8

France

boxer codex

East indes for indonesia and the phils

tfw your country has the most irrelevant history and has had no significant contributions to history.

I was fully aware of this, so basically (after a somewhat costly war) free (or low priced) spices form our own plantations right?

They also kicked China in the balls.

I have to concur with OP. Pretty much totally irrelevant area historically.

I think maybe they domesticated the chicken.

pirates, cannibals, headhunters, sunshine and nice beaches with parrots and monkeys. it used to be pretty awesome.

GOAT ladyboys desu

The Napoleonic wars, they wrecked both Russia and Germany.

>Vietnam
>in the Napoleonic Wars
>wrecked Russia and Germany
Are you in the right thread?