/RugiiGeneral/ - Destroyers of the Huns edition

Last thread

The Rugii weren't that great, though.

Franks > Goths > Lombards > Vandals > Saxons > Suebi > Gepids > Burgundians > Rugii = Heruli > rest

"NO"

The Rugii defeated the Huns and is one of the few surviving of you mentioned tribes. The Rugii were not Heruli and they were the over men of the Goths who in reality should be on the top of that list.

>The Rugii defeated the Huns
Along with others, maybe.

>and is one of the few surviving of you mentioned tribes
How so?

>The Rugii were not Heruli
I didn't mean they were the same people as the Heruli, I meant that they are about equal in ranking.

>the Goths who in reality should be on the top of that list
The Franks are clearly the masters of the Migration Period and Early Middle Ages, but the Goths are a close second.

The Rugii defeated the Huns at the battle of Neado.

The Rugii are from a region called Rugiiland, this still exists and has remained a separate cultural and linguistic region.

The Heruli were pedophiles from around denmark. The Rugii were from the coast of western Norway.

The Franks did naught but migrate once and assimilate to Latin culture marking them dying out. Norwegian vikings made a larger mark in french genetics than the Franks. The Goths remained until the 1900 century and their history was and is legend. Religious meetings with the pope the Spanish and the Swedes would quarrel over who was the most Gothic for he would clearly be the worthy man of sitting next to the pope.

missing the Frisians, Thuringians, Angles, Jutes, and Alemanii

"NO"

>The Rugii defeated the Huns at the battle of Neado.
Along with the Gepids, Heruli, Scirii, Suebi.

>The Rugii are from a region called Rugiiland, this still exists and has remained a separate cultural and linguistic region.
The Rugii were East Germanics, the modern inhabitants of Rugiland are West Germanics. Also the Slavs assimilated the inhabitants of Rugiland during their expansion, so the modern inhabitants of Rugiland are descendants of settlers from further west and assimilated Slavs. Cultural and linguistic continuity between the Rugii and the inhabitants of Rugiland today is doubtful.

>The Heruli were pedophiles from around denmark. The Rugii were from the coast of western Norway.
Again, I never said they were the same people.

>The Franks did naught but migrate once and assimilate to Latin culture marking them dying out.
Ridiculous, Frankish influence on European history was massive.

>Norwegian vikings made a larger mark in french genetics than the Franks.
Genetic influence is irrelevant.

yes

I hope the next thread will be better than this Op, so many faggots thinking they know anything about the migration age.

The Rugii Migrated out of present day Rogaland which has been inhabited by the same people since that migration and before. Are Australians and English not both anglo?

I lumped the Frisians, Angles, Jutes and Saxons together since they're all Ingvaeones and pretty much migrated to the same place. I also lumped the Alemanni in with the greater Suebic group, although yeah they should be distinguished from the group that migrated to Iberia. The Thuringians I did forget.

It will be, we hope for less haters. I posted plans for next thread in the discord.

I assumed you were referring to Rugiland in modern day Austria. If you wanted to refer to Rogaland, you should have said Rogaland.

Rugiland =/= Rogaland. It's not my fault that people can't use the correct terminology.

How am I hating?

"NO"

Rogaland and Rugiiland is the same kingdom and place. It is simply were the Rugii lives.
The Rugiian people in the south was assimilated with the goths, their brethren in the North are still alive.

reasonable. I figured they're all pretty similar, if you're splitting germanic barbarians up you might as well be thorough.

You're just asking for confusion if you don't use the accepted "Rogaland".

Normans were Danish as well as Norwegian.
The the part of France bordering the Mediterranean is the only place where the "true french" remain, North of the Alps is almost entirely Frankish by heritage.

So france has large I1 population?

Ohh no wait it seems they had almost no impact at all.

R>I

>Germanics wewuzzing as Rugii again
Cute. Scandinavia was truly the vagina of naitons. Seems to me like it was the most populated area of the world by that time.

Let's just see:
>Goths?
Scandinavia
>Vandals?
Scandinavia
>Rugii?
Scandinavia
>Burgundians?
Yeah, you guessed it Scandinavia

Seems to me like Scandinavia has a floppy vagina by now. No wonder she lets negroes and arabs at once, just to satisfy her destroyed cunt.

"NO"

My people is literally the Rugii.

Bronze Age Scandinavia had a very warm and hospitable climate, so much so that grapes could be grown in the south. The climate began to worsen during the first millenium BC with a radical change likely occurring during the 7th century BC. Jastorf culture began its southward expansion at exactly this time and migrations from Scandinavia to Pomerania began to take place a few centuries later. Many of these tribal migrations have been attributed to overpopulation where portions of the tribe (for instance, a third of the tribe) would be forced to migrate while the remainder would stay. It makes perfect sense that Scandinavia would be facing overpopulation issues as a result of a worsening and less hospitable climate, and the obvious consequence of this is migration to warmer and more hospitable climates. It makes far less sense that these tribes were Slavic (which I'm sure is your stance), as we'd have to ignore the evidence I put forth above as well as ignoring recorded history, archaeology, linguistics, and folk legends, which all favour the stance that these tribes were Germanic.

Except there is no evidence for half of those tribes ever being Germanic, despite them living in Germania. Unless you claim that Germania was rassenpure.

Even German schoolars are now backing off with the "rassenpure Germania" theory.

here comes the poolish kangz again

>Slavic inferiority complex kicks in

Except there is evidence. We had this discussion a couple of weeks ago, we're not having it again.

>has no knowledge of finbullwinter

Scandinavia and Northern Germany experienced a winter lasting a couple of years causing a migration en masse of these populations.

Shit i tagged wrong user.