Is Jordan Peterson the next Martin Luther, gandhi, MLK?

Is Jordan Peterson the next Martin Luther, gandhi, MLK?

not necessarily in power or radicalness but in a cult of personality sense?

there hasn't been an thinker this decisive in a while and im curious how people will view him in a historical context.

He's the next David Duke or William Luther Pierce

I fail to see the similarities. How so?

At least Peterson writes his own stuff

The similarity is that the media will slander him because he speaks truth

Interesting point which I can see as possible. But the difference in this case is that they have tried and failed. The internet allows the people to have a bigger voice than the media.

>challenging the authority of the most powerful religious organization ever
>fighting against the British Empire to create an independent country of hundreds of millions of people
>refusing to refer to trannies as their made up pronuons

one of these things is not like the other

They were never popular and david duke is a blatant dishonest skeletor.

Yes, i honestly do think he's about to have a noticeable impact on the world.
Who knows how he'll be remembered though.

Who wore it better?

What exactly is this guy's major arguments? Is it just the tranny thing or something actually intellectual?

Touma has bitches, Peterson doesn't.

>What exactly is this guy's major arguments?
That psychoanalysis isn't bullshit.

>That psychoanalysis isn't bullshit.
What a groundbreaking revelation

hes a hack. watch both sam harris debates, harris destroys this fraud twice.

>j-just clean your room and give me 15 bucks for my personality test xD also donate to my patreon!

A modern reimagining/rehash of Jungian archetypes, studied using fairly rigorous psychology.

It does have a tendency to radicalize people when that happens, But I doubt JP would ever be openly pro-ethnic. That would be out of character for him.

No because he's a literal who

only autists on the internet care who he is

do you think he'll be historically significant?

JBP does not deny average iq differences (no serious psychologist can) but he's also diametrically opposed to idpol and identifies it as the root of most of the misery and death of the 20th century.
And he's right desu

People barely remember military and political leaders enough as is.
Who the fuck is going to remember a fat neckbeard who got e-famous for sitting his fatass in a chair and rambling into a mic for hours on end?

He has appeared on national tv multiple times.

so?

>he's right
No. "White" people have the right to identify themselves as "white" if that makes them happy.

The same should be for "black" mulattos identifying themselves as "black".

Other groups are fine.

These cult leaders are entertaining until they stop spouting interesting content, and start feeding their egos more.

What makes you think he's a cult leader?

He is becoming a cult leader. The diverse ammount of people are following him for his persona rather than his ideas' validity, and this process is accelerating over time.

If he keeps feeding people what people want, and gets involved with political stuff, he will be a full blooded cult leader, like our savior Molyneux.

I understand what you mean, but I wouldn't classify him as a cult leader unless he does something that tries to isolate his followers from the outside world in order to manipulate them.

Molymeme is different because he's been caught doing unethical things and shamed people for contacting family members who previously abused or slighted them.

I understand what you mean, but I would classify him as a cult leader if he does something like I described before.

I'm pretty sure it's only matter of time people who share these traits start using their followers for their own purposes.

He doesn't seem like enough of a psychopath.
Also creating any sort of insular community seems antithetical to his philosophy, not that i'm massively familiar with it.
So that's not the internet, shit for brains.

>Someone gets popular because of their personality and ideas
>"b-but m-muh cult leader!!!!"

Every time.

>So that's not the internet, shit for brains.
just because he's on tv doesnt mean people who see him give a fuck about him

only on Veeky Forums and probably reddit are people obsessing over him, what did he even do for him to be so important?

Well it's not entirely wrong, but it's not intentional. Someone comes along with intelligent, perhaps controversial ideas. /Pol/ or teenage boys or whatever take them and then hype them up absurdly, until any criticism is blasphemy. Not usually the person's fault unless they purposefully help the 'cult' develop.

I really like his stuff about attitudes towards life.I couldn't give a fuck about most of his archetype discussions, or his controversies with trannies and SJWs.

I've seen him actually have a positive impact on a few friends, really making them more assertive and driven. I think these days a decent percentage of men lack someone to tell them that they should really go for things and get off their ass. Even if those guys are kind of pathetic for needing some Canadian on the internet to help them, a better rate of participation in society is always a good thing.

He's consistently selling out shows all over the world. You should get out of your basement more, faggot.

People identify themselves as/with groups in order to construct an ego. This is a necessary and good, and an unavoidable step in the development of the psyche (hence why young teenagers create groups of friends with collective identities which buttress their unformed individual selves). Identitarianism (idpol), however, is allowing the group identity to take over your ego. Once you allow that to happen, you become emotionally stunted, dependant on the group for validation and meaning, incapable of thinking independently and overly emotionally invested in the percieved wellbeing of the group itself.
Once this has taken place, it is easy for charismatic individuals to sway you/the group and use it as a club which swings whichever way they direct it to. You can see this happening with groups like BLM, street gangs, white identitarian groups, feminists, fashys and Zionists, amongst others.

>made up pronouns
you mean like her and him and they? real fucking hazard

>Martin Luther, gandhi, MLK?
no, he is not being bankrolled by jews and used by another group to weaken the the nation or any white faction.

>one of these things is not like the other
but he is challenging the largest religion in the West

Bill passed in Canada that brought pronouns like xim/xer and all that bullshit into law, that's what he's referring to. Bill C-16 if you're interested.

How is this wrong? Let them feel whatever they want.

>Martin Luther
>bankrolled by jews
wait wat?

>beta orbiter fellating a crypto
>next Martin Luther, MLK, Gandhi
>muh de facto philosopher king

Wew, lad.

>you’re legally obligated to call someone you consider a man, who has one x and one Y chromosome a woman
Yeah no

>until any criticism is blasphemy

Which is not something that happens to Peterson at all. The entirety of the mainstream is criticizing him, and Veeky Forums is being it's usual contrarian self about him.

So it's just wrong tbqh.

/Thread

Isn't he just an center-right neolib that wouldn't be out of place at The Economist or National Review?
Honestly I don't get why people circlejerk over him so much, he's basically draws the wrong conclusions about everything and just tells the center-right what they want to hear. There is nothing really unique or interesting about him at all.

Why does the right suck the dicks of hacks like Molymeme and Peterson when based Zizek has been around, and BTFO'ed Feminist and Idpol literally for decades?

>BTFO'ed Feminist and Idpol literally for decades?
>implying he has

Wrong conclusions about everything? How so?

>be Zizek
>actually water your plants yourself
>not belittling anyone by talking about house cleaning

>historical context
literally noone knows about him outside of select groups of internet retards like Veeky Forums

I don't think he really wants any of that. All of this publicity pretty much dropped in his lap in half a second. The Cult Leader/Con Man criticism ignores that his current career is at stake. He's lucky that the University has been as accommodating as it has so far, and if he seeks to mantain an income outside of it, good for him.

This is kind of sad. I don't really have anything against Peterson but getting this carried away about someone 99% of people have never heard of because you like his Youtube clips is kind of silly.

>pop philosophy

How very plebeian.

>someone nobody has ever heard of
>his new book has 1st, 2nd and 3rd places on Amazon

Name me 20 people off the top of your head without taking time to Google it who had books that were no1 on Amazon in 2017.

*sniffs*

>right wing personality
>staying relevant

>What exactly is this guy's major arguments?
hes just a right leaning liberal with a PHD

desu I don't see what's so special about him.

He's literally the next Hitler.

But they all resemble in something, they all are fighting against the status quo of their generation while fighting for what they believe without caring what the said society will think of them giving voice for a marginalized dissidence.

JP is not just refusing to refer as trannies to their pronouns it is like saying MLK was just giving speeches and Gandhi starving himself and walking around

you are an idiot, and by your oversimplification we can see that.

JP has the potencial of affecting the world in ways neither of those guys could

>Martin Luther, gandhi, MLK
A heretic, some creepy skinny dude from a British colony and an overrated pop icon? Hmmm... He just might be.

He right know is a voice against the normalization of the leftists agenda, pick some videos of him for god sake we are not going to spon feed you

he is basically pointing several hypocrisies in the moment and exposing they are just a group power hungry that keeps lying about several things

Noop

He is not a philosophers, just watch some things of JP talking about nietzsche books r even read nietzsche book and you will see JP is in another level of Sargon

>He is a cult leader because people follow him

You are beyond stupid, he is not using his power out of malevolence, he does not claim he has all truths, so no he is a leader but not a cult one.

*snorts the leftover coke* The profound dialectics Hegel displayed here can be applied to our modern model of Keynesian economics. *pecks T-shirt* Zeitgeist *snorts some more coke*

Did you even read what he said?
I will resume to you, people like that will behave as sheep when someone like a clinically psychopath see the chance in them of being a leader.

And when that happens you have groups committing atrocities like the holocaust.

Nazi Germany is the best case ever, a whole country it their national identity broke resorting to awful things to win their pride back again

>How to be an idiot in one post

Please you start your post by the assumption he is not someone you know quite well, then you procede to criticize his work as you actually now anything about him, be coherent

What wrong conclusions? what make your conclusions better then him? could you at least lay down your hypothesis?

That is why JP is so acclaimed on the internet, his opposes are just fucking haters who say stupid shit out of edginess

You guys are like tv saying video games causes mass killings, stupidness and edginess.

Is this post ironic?

>Hur Dur I am the real fan

Like I said more simplification, come here to expose ideas not to be an smart ass you idiot.

Can you elaborate an coherent thought or this is the best you can do?

Well I must assume Nietzsche dealt with plenty of idiots like yourself in his time, nowadays we have internet so knowledge is more acessible

in old days we would call you status quo

This is the kind of people who would not survived two thousand years ago or at least be a fucking sex slave for someone who could maintain they safe.

It scare me how anti science and debate people are becoming and how extremists they are

The left realize how they are shutting down diverging thoughts with pure and simple demagogices? and how nowadays the right in their minds was actually center in 20 years ago?

Peterson was against precisely because the way these people think, there is not a single form of philosophy based on rationality that says that this is right, it just an opinion that they are taking as a fact

JP is a cool guy with interesting ideas, but I don't watch his stuff anymore. He makes good arguments for liberalism that don't rely on divine rights and open the door for liberalism in a world lacking religion. He really refuses to tackle a lot of the hard questions though. I honestly found the eloquence of his arguments made their shortcomings more readily apparent and it actually pushed me away from liberalism.

>so oppressed they need a civil rights leader
The absolute state of the white male

>Implying very group in history ever did not need a voice to vent out how they are feeling in our society
>Implying the concept of "white male" exists as libtards say exists

The white person of one hundred years ago is clearly not the same as nowadays, as everyone else they were just thrown in this world

Guy should stick to psychology. I gag everytime I hear him talk about philosophy.

no. the personalities you listed became what they are because the press wanted them to be

even though JP doesn't go far enough or even name (((them))) but the media isn't too fond of him

This. But I am concerned with his stance on trannies. Nobody should be able to dictate what words come out of my mouth, unless I am literally threatening someone. 'Required' preferred pronouns, my ass. If they have a preferred pronoun, there is no reason they cannot communicate that directly, and I am NOT obligated to use it.

>user, why do you always talk to these strangers?

The problem is, manchildren think that listening to Peterson makes them as smart as he is, so they go on regurgitating his points without understanding any nuance behind them or even stopping to consider other viewpoints, a side effect of not having any higher education either.

Quite frankly, I find it kind of pathetic that so many men had to resort to listening to a mediocre professor's speeches to find motivation in their lives. There are countless other individuals who do the same thing far better than peterson does.

Unironic literal who

>be an intelligent man who speaks smart things, nothing that hasn't been said before, but still smart things
>become a meme for teenage and twenty-something Internet losers because they think you're super profound
I'm sick of this shit.

no. i like this guy but hes just some dude. hes not a ground breaking idealist

>Tell therapist I was watching Jordan Peterson.
>Get that "Oh you're a conservative" look.
>Begins to preface every opinion he has with "Well, I don't know if you agree, but..."

4th Reich when?

>4th Reich when?
sorry, the beta uprising isn't happening

It's just saying that you can't discriminate against them in the formal sense, say by denying them employment, and you can't incite violence against them. Laws such as these have existed for most other groups for decades and are quite similar to American civil rights laws. This idea that he's spreading about them, that questioning the nature of gender or refusing to call someone zim or whatever will get you thrown in jail is absurd, and it was incredibly dishonest of him to ever claim it could.

I believe if Peterson reaches grandiose heights, basement dwellers could come out in droves

Yes, he is single handedly liberating society from SJW/marxist/feminist control of the media and resisting the thought police.

He is a centrist libertarian and opposed to both far-left and far-right authoritarian extremists.

He is pretty much a classical liberal which is the most rational ideology.

What were some major political movements/social upheavals throughout history in which the underdog came out on top?

#metoo

He's a man middle and upper class boys who like the way society is structured around them like. He gives them the feeling of changing or challenging something but in reality they're supporting the status quo and kicking down the most vulnerable people in society who're also the people who threaten the mid/upper class boys' slice of the pie.
Most of what JP says is incoherent bullshit. The reason he has a cult following is because of the implications of his existence, not his ideas.

MLK and Ghandi are idolized by their respective societies because they've been sanitized over time to be completely unlike their actually ideas but just supportive of the status quo, even if they weren't. JP isn't trying to end injustice. He hates trannies and likes hierarchy. He'll be remembered like people remember the Amazing Atheist.

>user insulates JBP is a cult leader
>immediately gets nothing but insults
Confirmed for a cult, whether JBP wants it or not

But the bill is literally about that. There was one professor who got interrogated by her bosses for fucking showing one of his videos.

/Thread

>MLK and Ghandi are idolized by their respective societies because they've been sanitized over time to be completely unlike their actually ideas but just supportive of the status quo, even if they weren't.

I feel pretty retarded right now but what do you mean by that?

All criticism I've read about the guy is either baseless bullshit, strawmen, or people saying that he doesn't understand postmodernism (which may well be), but not explaining how or why that is.
See for example.

Except the SJWism that he stands against is also a middle and upper class phenomenon. It's not like JP is kicking down the mechanics and custodians of this world, he's kicking down the pink-haired gender studies majors whose parent were duped into paying for a useless degree. It never ceases to amaze me how progressives imagine themselves as champions of the working class while simultaneously doing everything they can to destroy the cultural fabric of those same people.

'lot of kikes in this thread

I've never heard anyone talk about the guy