How were seiges really fought?

Did they really knock down walls to move through. Wouldn't a giant pile of stone ruble really be a thing you want to try and attack over?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Suiyang
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_oxide
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PeIL2H_ODPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you just poison water well and that's about it

A siege is when you blockaded the fortress until everyone inside starved, attacked you or surrendered.

They're called sappers. They tunnel under the walls and make the foundation break with pickaxes, explosives, acids, etc. Then the wall falls without its foundation.

You could either wait for them to starve, throw shit at them over the walls or attack the structure
Assuming you’re not fighting the chinese you can just wait typically

POISON
WATER
WELL

>acids

???

>Assuming you’re not fighting the chinese you can just wait typically
What did he mean by this

most sieges were really hard to do
the attacking side lost quite often
but yes, the idea is that you make a breach, and then you storm in with your superior troops, take the casualties, and win

You just take a 16.8 ton 15th century cannon that's 17 feet in length and just under 3.5 feet in diameter, aim it at the walls and bombard them for 56 hours.

Cannibalism.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Suiyang

30,000 ppl eaten

>WUT

quicklime
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_oxide

uma delicia

There's no one way sieges were fought you moron

OwO

Good post good digits

Stop watching numales

Sorrunding the enemy until they were all starved to death or until they were enough weak to an actual attack

heh, classic Tang

THEY WERE FOUGHT BY MEN, NOT THE FUCKING PUSSIES WE HAVE NOW....

>Afterwards, they caught the women in the city. After the women were run out, they turned to old and young males. 20,000 to 30,000 people were eaten. People always remained loyal.

fucking hell

They starved for some months, then found a treacherous watchmen to let them climb into a tower and open the gates.

Until reinforcements arrive to relive the siege and you are still stuck outside the castle/city/fort. And I imagine if a fortification has some sort of way to resupply like an underground tunnel, or has access to the sea with a dock, waiting out the siege might actually be pretty dumb depending on the circumstances.

Like this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PeIL2H_ODPc

your primary resource is people
sieges weren't really a big thing back in china since you had too many people to keep supplied on either side

Can someone tell me what the fuck is going on with the crane in this pic, and if it's actually something that would have really been done?

>crane me closer I want to hit them with my sword

>not wanting to ride it gloriously through the air and slash at invaders with your blade

>*knocks arrow*