MARTIAL ARTS THREAD

So,Veeky Forumsizens,I have a question for you.
I'm 190cm-90kg and want to start learning a martial art,what do you suggest?Also do MA schools generally provide gym stuff,like equipments and plans?

bjj

Bjj is over rated, super gay and dependent on butt scooting and leg humping.

Judo is way better and judo or wrestling would compliment your gains better and overall more practical on a street self defense level.

To pull Bjj shit in a bar is a good way to get gang stomped to death.

Also Bjj is for Nu-male pussies. Judo or wrestling makes you tough.

Striking: thai/boxing/and honestly high level karate is very underrated.

Brazilian here. If u want to be able to defend yourself asap then BJJ or boxing. Muay Thai is awesome but takes a bit longer to reach basic competence. Judo is dead it's more of a sport than anything but BJJ still hasn't rotted out completely. This is not a concern for boxing, as it's simple ( 4 punches, 3 classic stances, a few dodges) and the drills, training are all time- honored and tested .

I ve boxed for 9 years, BJJ for 13.

Pencak Silat my dude

Find the gym with the most qualified trainers in your area and let the rest sort itself out

Krav Maga

Post body please I'm genuinely curious to see someone who has practiced ma for such a long time

Seconding
[spoiler]No homo[/spoiler]

This is pretty good and accurate

>tl;dr: do BJJ, Sambo, or Judo if you want a grappling art, boxing or Muay Thai if you want a striking art

I do bjj and muay thai. All the cardio is stealing most of my gains.

bjj in brazil was 1.5 to 2 hours of training, and youre expected to go 5-6 days a week, and 8-10 times a week in championship prep.

i could not eat enough, no matter what i ate. it was rough but thats a young man's rhythm

If your looking for a martial art that will help you get fit, petty much any of them are great (unless it's just a shitty dojo/ school). So do whatever seems interesting to you. I started doing judo and it's the best cardio ever and fun as hell.

I have had too many knee injuries so I can't compete. I train both once a week.

gracie combatives is just bjj self defense.

what this list lacks is catch motherfucking wrestling. a dying art that is as legit as bjj. look formjosh barnett , erik paulson, and japanese fighters such as kazushi sakuraba. maybe even tony cecchine

This. Nothing else will ever be as close to a real-life situation, Muay Thai maybe, but that takes a serious toll on your body. You're not going to get attacked by ninjas in a forest ever, but you might get mugged in an alley.

Thirding.

This is the greatest image I've ever seen in my fucking entire life. I'm dying.

>did you skip leg day?
>boxing

wing chun?

never
gonna
make
it

wing chun only works against wing chun and (poorly) laymen.

MMA gyms generally provide equipment. Academies focused on individual MAs generally do not.

Do Jiu Jitsu if you want competition, Krav Maga if you want street fighting skills, and Muay Thai if you want cardio with your MA. Whatever you do, do not waste your money on Aikido, Capoeira, or Taekwondo. And probably avoid karate studios and kickboxing gyms that only put you up against a bag.

If you're rich, join an MMA gym or take BJJ or akido along with thai boxing.

Poorfags, join a boxing gym and take some judo classes, and ask the boxing bros to teach you the dirty tricks in the clinch, which will get you all the stepping on feet, elbows, knees to the thigh, etc, that are nice to know.

Ya fucking right fight me right now bitch I'll fucking dragon snatch your ham basket so quick you'll crying til jesus comes back. Fucking try me cunt.

After 7 years of Judo and 5 years of BJJ, I can safely say that I've always relied on my 10 years of Aikido when in self defense situations.

Not to shit on BJJ as I'm doing it myself, but with all the buttscooting nowadays... let's say it's rather suboptimal for self defense at this point, and a simple Judo throw would be far more effective.

Bruce lee woulda ripped your dumb ass in half with a flick of his dick. Judon't know shit nerd.

>Implying you ever took a fight without running away.
>larping on a basket-weaving forum

>>Implying you ever took a fight without running away.
I tend to talk my way out of them, fighting's mostly pointless.The few times I got rushed a sidestep > push-trip/ude garami worked wonders.

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on kickboxing?
I'm thinking of doing either boxing or savate and I don't know which to chose.

Go to nearby gyms, join trial classes, see which one you like best. Or do both.

The best thing about martial arts is I can grab any girls ass I want and their dyel boyfriends can't do shit.