Smoke about 6 cigarettes a day

>smoke about 6 cigarettes a day

how fucked am i?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8406060
webmd.com/smoking-cessation/news/20161205/just-1-cigarette-a-day-can-be-deadly-study#1
webmd.com/smoking-cessation/news/20040608/quit-smoking-before-age-35-to-regain-health#1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

curbs apetite. zyzz smoked. you can still make it

kill yourself

Almost not fucked at all. Six a day is nada, brother. But smoking does delay recovery and it's bad for your cardiovascular health, which ties into sexual performance and ability to party. And here's the deal: a six cigarette per day habit will turn into a twenty cigarette per day habit if you're not paying attention. You might as well quit while it's still easy, user. You'll thank yourself later.

Zyzz died

this is not a feels thread :/

>smoking does delay recovery
source?
I believe it tho, everytime I smoke a few cigs I recover slower and feel a lot weaker at the gym, duuno might just be placebo

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8406060

Steady nicotine levels can diminish bloodflow which prevents your nutrients and shit from getting where they need to be. Like I said though, six a day is likely to have little effect.

I smoke weed with some tobacco (not from cigarettes) mixed in. How bad is that?

I started vaping and chewing nicotine gum (never smoked cigs) for 2 weeks now
My mood improved drastically and my appetite got so suppresed that I lost 2,5kg lol
I eat dinner with family and some days thats my only meal because I don't feel like eating

>a six cigarette per day habit will turn into a twenty cigarette per day habit if you're not paying attention
pretty much this. 6 a day isn't a lot, but it can spiral out of control and you won't even realize until you get through half a pack a day and wonder where the fuck they all went.

Smoking spin won't kill you but it's all about quantity. It saves money (kinda) and weed, but smoking anything isn't good for you. You'll be okay but it won't help anything.

>depressed
>went from smoking 5 cigs a day to basically a pack now
>told myself it was only for the time being, while times are dark
>times are still dark
>its been almost a year

>got depressed 4 years ago after losing a girl
>went to the gym to make her regret leaving me
>having something to look forward to and setting/accomplishing goals got rid of depression
>started working out for me because fuck bitches
>no longer depressed

How do people lift and manage to stay depressed? I thought lifting was the cure?

>How do people lift and manage to stay depressed? I thought lifting was the cure?
It is. People who stay depressed are either not lifting regularly or too autist to talk to females. That or they're /cucks/

If you quit now, in 15 years your rates of cancer will approach those of a lifetime nonsmoker.

If you don't, you'll probably die from it a lot sooner than you'd like.

Well, pretty fucked in the long run.

webmd.com/smoking-cessation/news/20161205/just-1-cigarette-a-day-can-be-deadly-study#1

A quick spin on ye olde Google produces studies that all are in agreement with even occasional smoking producing a noticeably negative long-term impact on your health.

I lift and am depressed. Been lifting for only 2 months though. Still overweight DYEL.

i lift and am depressed as well
been lifting for 15 months
maybe 24 months is the magic number where lifting will make my depression go away

How old are you?

>"Smoking is harmful at any age, but if you stop smoking before age 35 you may still do pretty well in terms of living longer and having a better quality of life as you reach middle age," says researcher Truls Ostbye, MD, PhD, of Duke University School of Medicine. "By quitting for at least 15 years prior to age 50, you may be able to regain your health as well as people who never smoked."
webmd.com/smoking-cessation/news/20040608/quit-smoking-before-age-35-to-regain-health#1

Depends on if you're just sad or suffering actual, diagnosed depression.

If legit depression, lifting can help but only treatment will cure your symptoms.

If just sad, nut up or shut up. Stop being a pussy.

t. dude-with-4-years-of-daily-suicidal-ideations

Lifting doesn't "cure" depression anymore than pills and therapy alone do. It requires a pretty complete change in your mental views about yourself and the world around you which can be accomplished in a variety of ways, lifting of which can be a part of as well as lots of other things. Exercise in general has similar effects to anti-depressants.

It's really hard to quit cigarettes. I was never at a pack a day, probably not even 10. I stopped cold turkey a few months ago and I still crave a cigarette pretty much everyday.

keep going dog, we're all gonna make it

I was asking in terms of how it could affect gains. I know smoking is negative regardless but cigarettes in particular are cancerous nukes.

Oh, pretty much what was said above. Cardiovascular health will take a hit, and the weed might make you lose a bit of motivation, but I'm pretty sure there's not many foods etc out there that will make you "lose" gains. I could be wrong though

Quitting cold turkey because broke college student
Any tips?

don't cold turkey... get patches

Pretty fucked IMHO all the smokers I know that smoked since highschoolish and were the light to half pack a day smokers can't quit because they don't view it as a problem then most of the heavy smokers I knew ended up quitting just my 2 sheks

It's easy as fuck. Remove yourself from situations where you find yourself social smoking. Tell friends you want to quit. Go to the gas station only for gas, never go inside unless you're paying with cash

If you've been depressed before, it's basically that for a few weeks. Make sure you work out

Do not get in patches. It'll just lead you back to smoking or vaping. Just quit

Also college student, but I am an ex-smoker. I figured video games, and lifting were times at which I would not want to smoke. I had to find that out. This said, I still want to smoke every single day, maybe I will fall back in to it. Good luck, man, I did it cold turkey. It is a bitch, but I feel better.