Why does everyone want to Sabotage me??

> work as a nurse in a hospital
> usually always eat healthy
> fat fucking "friends" constantly heckling me about what I am eating. "Must suck to eat healthy all the time"
> finally resort to starving mysyelf until 230pm every day so I can eat alone in fucking peace
> ate with 2 people today
> girl stares at me pulling everything out of my lunch box with devil eyes waiting for me to pull out a jumbo cupcake
> I don't
> asks what my lunch is and if it's healthy because apparently she's so fucking fat she doesn't know what a cucumber is.
> starts on a 15 minute rant about how the chocolate chips she is devouring are from the health food store
> I literally kill myself

Other urls found in this thread:

btboces.org/Downloads/6_All Summer in a Day by Ray Bradbury.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

find urself a nice gf that eats healthy :)

>women

I feel all these feels.

Roommate does nothing but talk about how "sad" and "boring" my life is because I eat the same things due to meal prep. Not only that but brings home unhealthy things and taunts me with them.

Probably wallowing in his own self pity because he is too fucking lazy and lacks any real discipline to make a change in his life.

Bro I work on the med/surg floor and these nurses and techs ALWAYS be having potlucks and shit and dont get me started during the holiday season people are bringing cakes on cakes and cupcakes and shit its fuckin way too much and you know I always be catching the housekeepers takin all the food in secrecy when peoplr are done with lunch

>be me, skinnyfat dyel loser 5'10" 190 pounds
>always thinking of the glory days when I was 18 years old and could actually do pullups
>try to do a pullup and my entire life crashes down around me as I realize how far I've left myself go
>find Veeky Forums and decide to finally turn my life around
>give away all my garbage food to friends and family
>visit mom
>she asks me how I am, tell her I'm fat and useless and trying to improve myself
>she immediately offers to cook me a homemade pizza "like the good old days"
>she's just being friendly and doesn't realize it goes completely against what I've just said
>feel like a bad son because I decline mom's pizza

The short answer is that people do NOT want to see you get fit, especially if you're a woman and surrounded by catty girlfriends, which it sounds like you are. Your success reminds them of their failure, which is a constant state of existence in their fat, miserable lives.

Note that this phenomenon is largely unconscious and this sabotage is usually not done out of a specific, malicious desire to keep you fat - though it sometimes is. People don't understand that offering you a slice of pizza for the 3rd time is not being supportive of you, they only believe they're being friendly and trying to get you to emulate the behavior of the rest of the social group so that THEY feel more comfortable.

Our society has degenerated to such a level that being overweight or even obese has become normalized. This means that an individual trying to achieve a healthy level of fitness is a threat to the social status quo, and must be cut down. Tall poppy syndrome might be applicable here, and this is particularly pronounced around women who will offer you as many M&M's and cupcakes as it takes to ensure that you NEVER become thinner than they are.

Stay the course, user.

>bringing cakes on cakes and cupcakes and shit its fuckin way too much

Happened to me constantly where I used to work. The social pressure is immense and I feel like this is one of the primary reasons people cannot change their eating habits.

if this isn't the harsh fucking truth. "Hey did you resist all the desserts in there"
Me looking on with a confused fucking look like it was an option to stuff my fat fucking face with cupcakes and pie....."yes I did"
I die inside.
"Good for you"
user, my favorite is when I walk in the break room and someone is in there along stuffing their face and they say something along the lines of "this isn't even good," throw the rest away, and run out.

literally this; it's amazing how often they just talk shit because they feel guilty

I also work in a hospital and while the cafeteria has a considerable selection of good food to eat, the cheapest is junk food.

And can confirm there was just a free bbq today and I get offered pizza from papa John's once a month among many other sweets and treats. You think a hospital wouldn't be such a fat farm

Women are the goddamn worst thing for other women trying to diet

>girl friend goes to lunch with barrel of anxiety friend that's fallen for literally every Tumblr meme
>Tumblrpal has put on maybe 60lb in two years
>Tumblrpal: 'I want to eat healthier'
>girlfriend starts to show her my fitness pal
>mentions 1200cal goal
>tumblrpal basically gasps 'I don't think that's healthy and I don't want to reinforce your body dismorphia'
>gfwat.jpg
>Tumblrpal starts talking about how the app would be good for tracking some meme shit diet she's trying to do for her anxiety where you can't eat basically anything good.

Fat women are the most retarded vindictive trash.

>user, my favorite is when I walk in the break room and someone is in there along stuffing their face and they say something along the lines of "this isn't even good," throw the rest away, and run out.

>I was only pretending to enjoy my fat indulgence!

>barrel of anxiety friend

lmao

>Women are the goddamn worst thing for other women trying to diet

Their friends getting skinnier and therefore more attractive than them is something they cannot allow to happen

> bro
I'm a femanon. Women are still the fucking worst about this shit though. I get chastised for not going to the cafeteria to get lattes and cookies. So backwards.

sounds like you need a bf (me)

Look up and read "All Summer in a Day" by Ray Bradbury, it's the same kind of cruel mob mentality that insists on no one having anything the pathetic, self-loathing masses can't, and they'll do anything to punish and humiliate those that so much as think of reminding them of their misery. As a bonus, that story will make you so mad at the kind of subhuman drones that do that kind of shit, you'll be guananteed to cunt punt the next bitch that tries to pull it on you.

>not making fun of your fat coworkers

It must suck working with women.

> be me, message comes to god forsaken Ascom phone
> snacks in the break room everyone
> wave of people racing to the door
> acting like they needed to check their mailbox.
> cuts a bagel into 643 pieces since they only want "a little bite"
> all the food in cut up and mutilated into literal garbage.

>not making fun of your fat coworkers
Why? I do

Thanks for the recommendation user I'll check it out. Might put me over the edge though.

>"All Summer in a Day" by Ray Bradbury,

For anyone interested, it's only a few pages - btboces.org/Downloads/6_All Summer in a Day by Ray Bradbury.pdf

THIS!!!!!
Oh that sounds miserable I don't want to diet.
What is miserable is your fat fucking ass pretending to stand up for body acceptance when we all know that's complete degenerate bullshit.

>(me)
So specific.

I'm the shitty roommate having user, who is also fem and let me tell you - I switched jobs a couple months ago. My new coworkers are much more Veeky Forums than my old and the snacking at work thing has changed drastically.

When the notion of a potluck comes up they actually MAKE SURE that someone brings some healthy options. It's a breath of fresh air.

>TLDR: look for a new job with Veeky Forums bros; or at least less hamplanets

Lmao
My coworkers MAKE SURE to theme it something unhealthy and degenerate. I just bring my lunch and eat after everyone has stuffed their face with trash.

>girl in my grad cohort
>5'2" and 110lbs
>all she eats is candy, pizza rolls, and I don't even know what else
>doesn't exercise at all
I cannot even comprehend how she stays so tiny

>you would think a hospital wouldn't be such a fat farm
People were in an outrage when they took the candy bars from the vending machines and replaced it with a better option.

She'll go into hamplanet low orbit soon enough, user. A shame, but the body can only withstand the caloric, sugary assault for so long.

I'm guessing she's probably in her early 20's or so and her body is still able to handle it. Girls tend to bloat out past 25 or so if they don't eat reasonably well.

> cannot comprehend how she stays so tiny

Genetic outlier.
Probably hates herself just as much as the next obese person. It's torturous at either exteme. She is "skinny fat"

Garuntee she may be 110lbs but is already developing lunch lady arm.

Clock strikes 30 and that shit is gonna be like the remains of the Chernobyl reactor.

When I was a desperate poorfag and worked retail I had a hambeast manager that would comment on how I always ate meat for lunch, and also made a big deal out of it when I was eating a protein bar one day. "Oh, user, I thought you always ate meat for lunch hurr." Although, since meat and jerky are also hamplanet foods I don't know if it was because I was the thinnest guy in the store vs her 40 year old retail assistant manager obesity, or if it was just her being an obnoxious moron who thinks "teasing" people who just want to go about their day is good socializing. At the very least, people like that work retail jobs into middle age for a reason.

Also, we had cake and shitty subs in the breakroom at least twice a week and I would regularily have other people asking me if I'd had any yet throughout the day. It was mildly grating, but that might just be autism.

Oh shit forgot to mention she has been eating granola bars and bringing a small ziploc bag of peanuts to class so I guess she's eating slightly better or at least adding in more variety.

She is 22, yes.

>Genetic outlier
Likely so. I figure she may be eating small portions of said materials but bad foods are going to be high in calories. She is definitely not skinnyfat though. She is insanely petite.

Nah she is a tiny thing but I can easily see her gaining the chubby arms eventually if she keeps this up. Maybe she'll divert into a healthier diet at some point.

> skinnyFat dyel loser
You aren't a dyel loser if you are trying to change. Stay the course user and tell that mom of yours no more pizza and that you wanna cook her a nice healthy meal! She will love her son more than ever.

> she is definitely not skinnyfat
"Skinnyfat" someone who eats complete garbage at all times but by the grace of their genetic makeup or metabolism somehow manage to stay thin.
Skinnyfat.

I always saw skinnyfat defined as not physically fat/chubby or thin (but like 'skinny with a gut' type of deal, you know like the majority of 'thin' girls).

Fair enough though.

Being at minimum overweight has become so normalized that it's quite outstanding when we see someone who is at a healthy, or God forbid a physically fit weight level.

In a way, this should motivate Veeky Forums even more to actually meet their goals because it'll not only empower your own sense of value, but also give you an even bigger edge in virtually every social interaction you'll ever have, not just with the opposite sex.

my friends/classmates/college students always want to eat fucking fast food when they get hungry and we are hanging out, it's fucking annoying and i have to tell them like ten times that i don't fucking enjoy it. "bro but subway this subway that" STFUUUU I WANT REAL FOOD

>on a 10 day fast
>day 2 boss brings in donuts
>day 3 somebody buys artichoke+spinach pizza (my favourite)
>day 4 somebody literally has a fucking slow cooker with corned beef and cabbage cooking, entire store smells like delicious corned beef
i have literally never seen anybody so much as leave expired bread out for people to eat, it just so happens that people get donuts, pizza, and a roast on consecutive days after they find out that I'm doing a fast

>hurr dont u kno its bad 4 u
t. obese female coworker x6
i dont understand why people who are obese feel like they are an authority on diet and exercise

>tfw you remind user about his body entering starvation mode

>skinnyfat
you are not

don't brag or talk about eating healthy, when people offer you shitty foods like cake just tell them you already ate

not that hard m8 i never have this problem.

Thanks for the kind words, cutie.

I am. May or may not have mild gyno and I can grab a substantial gut if I allow it to hang out. My body jiggles like a fridge made of jell-o when I jog. Would really like to lose about 15 pounds and see how my body feels then.

>don't brag or talk about eating healthy

This misses the point of the OP and what's been discussed. This is about people eating healthy and their peers pressuring them to join the fun in pizza, cupcakes, etc, and continuing to do so long after you've politely declined..

>Practicing to go to amateur powerlifting meets.
>putting in hours fine tuning form and making noob gains
>Coworkers making comments about me being steroids

Not sure if it's the asperger's kicking in but that shit pisses me off to no end. Disregards the effort I put in to myself to help boost their pitiful egos.

>steroids

This is such a ubiquitous meme that people spout off. Where does it come from? Why is the "oh you must be on the 'ROIDS" joke heard so often?

Fucking rage. This sums it up so well.

I'll be doing back tonight and every rep will be tearing Margot's closet doors off.

I think it's to make up for the fact that they hate that someone is making an improvement. Slight digs to help them feel better about themselves. Crabs in a bucket and all that.

I deliver pizza in Kentucky. Among a whole ocean of landwhales, nurses from nearby hospitals will order from us.

These are the absolute dirt worst people to have ever graduated from college, they are invariably fatter than the queen of sea cows, they are usually pissy about something (I am going to lose my shit the next time someone expects cups to magically come with their 2 liter when they don't specifically ask for some when they order), and they are clearly good for nothing but clerical work, 90% of which wouldn't exist if it weren't for bullshit regulations. One that stands out is the fat bitch that needs a walker to support her fat ass.

Fuck nurses. Just a bunch of obese, cunt, government leeches.

In fairness, 1200 calories is not what a physically or mentally healthy person eats.

>BMI

BMI is a meme, and there have been studies that show people who are "Overweight" according to BMI die at a slower rate than people in the "Normal" BMI category.

I was an utter twig at 5'10'' and 150 lbs, right in the middle of "normal" range. I was a D1 rugby player at 5'10'' and 220 lbs, technically "obese." BMI is utterly useless for anyone who actually lifts, and actually LIFTING is more important to your health in terms of both physical usefulness and survival than BMI hogshit.

>always junk food on the desk for anyone to take because people are always bringing it in
>bought a load on a whim a few days ago as went shopping when hungry (chocolate mostly), not going to eat it so I'm going to take it in today
>probably a good 4000 cals of stuff between the 6 or 7 people who actually eat it

Try to make me fat you fuckers, I'll make you fat instead

Lol why even be near them. If I were you I would put on headphones listen to music and go ignore mode on their ass. Honestly unhealthy people are like junk food you do everything to ignore it and pretend it does not exist.

Jokes on him he will die at 35 and have a heart attack.

Hospitals are really shitty especially office jobs. All they do is sit around and barely move.

Hospitals are really shitty especially office jobs. All they do is sit around and barely move. It also sucks for High school because you either have to take what your parents give you or have school options to be a fat miserable fuck.

Jokes on him, you'll be Chadding his oneitis while he plots his eve spreadsheets

Just remind him how pathetic his life is because he doesn't have an ounce of self control.

Why even have them as your freinds if all they are going to do is talk shit about your life choices. I know it's tough for ladies but come on if you are able to cut out the junk food from ruining your health certainly you can cut out the people who give you crap for trying to become a better person.

I had to make a decision like that long ago and I do not regret it.

You are the company you keep ladies. Remember that.

Damn straight someone gets it here in this thread.

We call this a fast metabolism this usually happens when you are younger and able to process food really well. But trust me when you get older even for men and women it catches up quickly.

Sounds like high school in California when kids were throwing a temper tantrum for taxing soda.

>i dont understand why people who are obese feel like they are an authority on diet and exercise

Funny thing is, when I was obese I actually was an expert (at least compared to normies) about exercise and diet. I studied it for months because I wanted to lose weight "some day" and wanted to do it right. I just didn't have the motivation to actually go through with any of the advice I read.

Then one day my attitude changed and I got motivation and lost 70lbs via a variety of methods. Ultimately the method doesn't matter as much as your willingness to stick to it for months at a time.

I work around teachers and the fucking dumb shit I hear from everyone except two of my coworkers who I go to the gym with constantly.

>this shit is too hard to keep track of
>well you see user I am just spending so much time planning that I don't have time
>I don't like the atmosphere of the gym it's "toxic"

Bitch I run my own fucking department, planned and built everything from scratch as a beginning teacher, stay and help all my students all the time while you run out the door to go chow down on some fucking cupcakes or other fatass shit.

Fuck off.

Honestly being a teacher has made me hate other teachers.

>start working at engineering firm
>At first eat lunch with everybody, they order hot sandwiches from a fast food place
>Its basically pizza dough filled with some meat, lots of mayo and some veggies
>Get sick of it after 2 weeks
>Find out there is a worker-restaurant 2 mins walking away, great warm meals full of protein and veggies for cheap price
>Tell them all about it
>they don't feel like walking
>Its been a year now, every single day its the same dough filled with mayo and pepperoni. They keep on eating it
>Sometimes they get bored of it so they order pizza
I go to the restaurant every day with 1-2 people ,but im missing out on some important lunch networking with 80% of the people
And believe me bringing a meal in Tupperware to the place where fast food is the king is far worse than just eating at some other place..

To be fair they are all married 30-50 years old and stuck in this job, they probably don't care any more

>Granola bars
>Peanuts

Let me tell you about Protein bars and Granola all of them are stuffed with over 5 tablespoons of sugar that cause you to eat more than usual. Peanuts are v alright but almonds are the better choice.

Holy shit this is what feels like to browse fit at night. Do any of you EU fags get decent educations? Her genetics doesnt make her skinny the same way genetics dont make people fat. She probably eats junk food but only eats once a day

Calories in, calories out you retards. And again, no its muh genetics either.

If they're a tiny woman I can see how 1200 calories might be all they need/want.

shit you don't know many people then.

My oldest childhood friend eats 1 kg of white bread almost every day, with cheese, processed meat, and butter.
For lunch he usually devours a fuckton of bacon/cheese/pasta abomination, about one and a half times as much of what would make me vomit. After 3 hours he says he's hungry.

The dude has abs, and can barely gain weight.

It probably goes right through him or i don't know.

Might not be genetic, but this is definitely a thing.

To be fair I only knew one person in my entire life that had a fast metabolism I witnessed him for 30 days ordering a lot of meals and never being able to get fat. It happens but it's rare.

This sounds like me in highschool desu. I used to think I had a fast metabolism cause I could eat whatever I wanted.looking back I only ate like 1 or 2 meals a day, walked home from school, and walked around town to hang out with my friends. And my portions would be like, a handful of chips here, and a couple cookies there, combined with me just eating lunch or dinner, didn't add up too much on a normal day. And in a restaurant I could destroy a huge fucking meal and look like I did it all the time (though i wouldn't cause I'd be a fucking planet).

She probably unknowingly burns the calories and or eats her maintenance in garbage, or or only eats that kind of thing in front of others. Its not that big of a mystery user

Sorry for the blog post

>where I used to work. The social pressure is immense
Yes, when you start bringing your homemade meals you catch the whole attention for at least 5mins
every single day.
You get this with
>you are okay now, you can stop dieting
>I don't need to eat ealthy

>Tall poppy syndrome
I remember when I was a child I used to be taller than anyone.
Other kids and often fucking grown ass people would fuck with me, even though I performed well in class.
>hurr you're tall so ur a tard
Often the kids would team up against me.
As a result I felt inadequate being tall and felt like shit all the time.
>only 6'5 now

The retardation is too much. Cant get away from it even on a fitness related board. Keep believing in your muh genetics and metabolism pseudoscience bullshit. Fat people are also fat because they have slow metabolisms and its in their genes that theyre fat too right?

Isnt higher education free in EU? So how can you still be so dumb and believe in your anecdotes of "my oldest mate eats a lot and is skinny therefore metabolism and genetics".

No it isnt.CICO rules all.Unless this person is breaking thermodynamics 1st law.Which means he should be studied to solve the worlds energy problems.

I work as an RN in a major emergency department at night. I know the feeling. Bitches always ordering Insomnia Cookies and shit.

holy shit shut the fuck up you dunning kruger retard

TDEE is partially determined by genetics, there's no debating that. People's bodies are different, no matter what the sperging faggot will have you believe. Calories in/calories out is true, but some people just flat out burn more calories. Obviously, no matter what your TDEE is, you can still eat below it, obviously genetics can't make you fat. But it can make it harder or easier to gain or lose weight. Though probably 95% of the fatties who bitch about genetics are well within a normal range of passive calorie burn.

I didn't say anything about metabolism and genetics you retarded fuck. I said that something might be wrong with his digestive system.
This dude was my roommate for months, and the fact that you read the sticky won't make you an expert on the subject.
physics=/=biology.

Fat people tend to heat thin healthy people, what a surprise. It's the same reason why poor lazy retards hating rich people.

It's nothing if you ate bad once a week. I was fat too, I eat one day in the week the most unhealthy shit I can find, helps me with staying lean, psychologically.

>Work as a nurse in a long term care facility
>Was 370lbs @ 6'0
>Other nurses would mostly ignore me
>Have a revelation and start dieting and lifting/cardio
>Go from 370 to 220 in 7 months
>Girls went from ignoring me, to encouraging me, to jealous of me, to tempting me with food they order
>One girl was particularly vicious up till recently
>Had health screening at work for a discount on our health insurance, they calculate BMI
>She is shocked that she has a higher BMI than me, all I say is "Well all that take out food was worth it, right?"

Just had a mango and i'm feeling real good right now.

you're still incredibly fat, keep going though

>Tall poppy syndrome
>I remember when I was a child I used to be taller >than anyone.
>Other kids and often fucking grown ass people >would fuck with me, even though I performed >well in class.

Dude, tall poppy syndrome isn't getting picked on because you're literally tall. Are you retarded?

I know, i'm keeping at it.

>mention to my dad that I've been keeping a food diary and I've lost 5kg in the last week.
>he instantly suggests the idea of going to the pub to get a burger and a pint for dinner.

>Not eating the burger and leaving the bun

Ignore them. There's literally no better thing to do in these cases than to deny any form of attention to these people. Just nod or answer with single words and they'll stop bothering you

don't umm and ahhh like a beta cuck it wont be a problem

my work has the same thing

endless supply of chocolate and sweets

> user come have some! it's so good!

> nah thanks not really up for it at the moment

> oh ok

Thank you for not being fucking retarded

>6'3" recovering skelly
>eat whatever I want and tons of it
>lift
>look better every day
>never go outside so no one notices
>work is with new people every day

(you)

>"I'm trying a vegetarian diet!"
>is if for the animals?
>where are you getting your protein?
>do you eat fish?
>we're going to KFC want anything?

So many stupid fucking questions when I just wanted to control myself from eating junk food. Why the fuck so many people are worried about protein is stupid when I'm just cutting pounds.

>get invited to party
>drink small beer
>say i dont drink
>cmon user, lets drink

jeez
my father died to heavy alcohol poisoning because he lost control over his life with this shit.

What makes you think same thing wont happen to me.
Worst shit is seeing my brother being clearly addicted as well, but theres no helping to such people. Outside do not matter in alcoholism

Keep it up you are doing really well. Just make sure to skip sugar and carbs. If you crave something sweet just have fruit.

Mangos and honeydew apples are my new sweet snack. Mostly I try and remove joy from eating as much as I can and just try and think of it as something I gotta do.

Just ignore them and give excuses. Honestly they do leave you alone if you say you are currently busy etc.

preach, brah

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

>Member of the family said I gained a lot of wieght
>No one had ever called me fat before
>Immedietly come to Veeky Forums and start dieting
>WOOW user you lost so much weight what kind of diet you doing
>Not eating crisps and smoking cigarettes all day
>WOOWO my pleassurs in life I'm not gonna do that
>See her later stuffing her face talking about losing weight

Well, I mean, it could be.

Is Subway unhealthy? We don't have it it my country, but we have an equivalent franchise and it's all right. Just get whole grain bread and no mayo and it's ok.

Subway is pumped full of bleached shit, sugars, chemicals that are banned in Europe and soy