Meal Prep

So Veeky Forums I would like to lose around 50lbs. I was once a lifter, but then got lazy and subsequently fat. Blah blah.

If I were to basically eat the same meal all the time, with an eye towards weight loss, what would it be?

Chicken rice and vegetable?

Or should I avoid rice?

What is the -perfect- single fat loss meal I can prep in advance and eat the majority of the time?

or meal prep general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wpLJXHUyvyM
imgur.com/a/5nbmA
pinterest.com/explore/meal-prep/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thanks fags

1. look at the pic you posted.

2. Eat meals like that.

3. Profit???

whats that white paste

Eat lean meats and vegetables like the broccoli in your pic. If you want to have carbs, complex carbs are obviously superior to simple carbs. Exercise and eat less calories than it requires you to maintain the weight you are currently at.

>op literally posts the answer to his question

didntreadthesticky.jpg

>I was once a lifter
stopped right there
did those lifts fuck with your brain so you cannot read?
>protip
READ THE FUCKING STICKY

i did chicken, rice and beans w chiles and jalapenos in my slow cooker 2day

bretty gud

guys what the fuck do you do with the chicken?

I put some oil on it, some BBQ chicken dry rub and bake it, and it turns out ok but when I reheat it its disgusting flavourless dry rubber

I need a good protein source the stores and reheats well

guys its op again sorry im 12 and how do i read sticky and calories in and out?

It's not about knowing to eat fewer calories and exercise more, it's about finding a good base meal.

Like literally, as was said, if you were only going to eat this one meal, what should it be.

Would eating rice 2-3 times a day 7 days a week be too much?

It's basically in search of the perfect meal. One that can be thrown into tupperware and keep for a week. That is the proper macro breakdown, etc.

Sounds gud.

Today I took a few pounds of boneless/skinless breasts and cut it up. Seasoned with: salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, jalapeno powder, garlic, decent amount of hot sauce.

Threw about a tablespoon of butter in deep pan with lid. Heat. Throw in chicken. Throw in a seranno pepper. Cook for awhile. Lot of moisture in this so it stay moist. Push it around a bit until you don't see pink. Put on lid. Let it cook on 8/10 heat until done. Let it go long enough and you'll get a nice little char. Done.

>What is the -perfect- single fat loss meal I can prep in advance and eat the majority of the time?

If you are literally going to eat the same thing every day then you might as well eat Soylent. That's basically what it was made for.

cbf finding the video but from memory either
Greek Yoghurt or Sour Cream

Lean meat. Rice. Veggies. You never, ever, eat just one meal. Nutrition is about finding balance and the only way you can do that is by eating multiple types of meals.

Here's a freebie since I'm feeling generous.

Beef stew.

2lbs beef chuck
1 tsp sweet paprika
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
salt and pepper
1lb potatoes
1/2 lb of mushrooms
3-4 carrots
1 onion
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup red wine
2 cups beef broth
3 tbsp olive oil

Season the beef and then coat in flour. Cook in 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat until they begin to brown. Toss into slow cooker/pot and add the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and onions(season these you fucking ape).

Heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat and stir in the tomato paste for ~1 minute. Add flour and wine and whisk until thick. Add salt, pepper, and broth and bring to a simmer. Whisk until gravy is smooth and thick. Toss that shit into the slow cooker/pot and cook on low for 8 hours.

when meal prepping do you freeze the boxes of food and take them out the freezer in the day you eat them? won't they still be frozen by lunch time? what's the method?

OP been watching fit couple meal prep. Don't how he could sit through one of their vids

youtu.be/wpLJXHUyvyM

Recipies are solid

I bet that she cucks him on the regular

How do you stop meals tasting like shit after like the 3rd day?

>Would eating rice 2-3 times a day 7 days a week be too much?

nips gooks and chinks do this and do they look fat to you?

Their voices are just so annoying

I actually just stole their image, came up when googling 'meal prep'

marinate it you cunt. garlic, salt, pepper, overnight.

>fat loss diet
not really a thing, every diet is a fat loss diet if you don't go on a caloric surplus but try this
>chicken breast
>brocoli, cauli flower, kale, aspargus, peas and carrots steamed and with salt and pepper only
eat this 4 times a day, about 200g of chicken and as much veggies as you want

>using plastic to store your food

Don't reheat it, just shred it. Cold, shredded chicken tastes amazing

>Posts pic of exactly what they should eat

"What should I eat?"

sharing is caring

imgur.com/a/5nbmA

underage b&

Is the meal prep Pinterest just a meme?

pinterest.com/explore/meal-prep/

My sister was scrolling through it the other day and food look good, but also useless for what it was trying to be.

Shit, I meant.
and the food looked good*

burrito bowls.
seasons the chicken with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
its more flavorful than plain chicken and rice and you can add shit and change it up easily.
my go to is
big ass layer of thinly chopped romain
one layer of rice (cilantro, spanish, plain)
one layer of beans(black, pinto, fat free refried)
one layer of sauteed vegetables (fajita veg + broccoli, corn)
layer of protein
salsa and fresh vegetable layer
and then the optional but recommended bit of fat (avocados, sour cream, cheese)
you get waaaay more micros with these too, as opposed to chicken and rice.

Definitely this.
Best thing I ever did for my meal prep was buy a slow cooker. Make this same recipe with 2kg or so of chicken. Put it on before going to work and it's finished when you get home.

How do I reheat chicken and rice after it's cooked? Food reheated in the microwave taste disgusting.

When you say layer, do you mean make a literal layer of that one atop the other? Do you mix it before slow cooking? I've got a slow cooker, but my general slow cooking involves seasoning a beef joint like a pro and having that with rice, which I coat in the beef juice. Unfortunately I'm poor as shit so I've had to stop buying beef joints.

Would you say beef mince is a reasonable 'protein layer'? Chicken is expensive af in the UK no matter where you go.

Thanks dude!

MODS!

The lack of quality in your chicken disturbs me.

Seriously tho, it's about getting good chicken and cooking it the right way. When we do meal prep, I grill some chicken that has been marinating in olive oil, fresh garlic, lemon juice/zest, and a bit of salt and pepper. My wife will also cook it in the slow cooker with taco seasoning and shred it. Both of those reheat great, just put them in tupperware and add a tiny bit of water when you're microwaving it.