Stupid shit that Normies say about history

>The Mongols would of conquered Europe if Ögedei didn’t die.

>Western Europe has more interesting history than Eastern Europe

>normies
>knowing about the mongols

Do normies even know Ögedei existed?

It can't be dismissed out of hand either like so many retards on here do.

BUT THEURRE DA EXXCEPSHUNN

>feelsposters migrating from reddit didn't kill this site

>feelsposters

Not even i know about Ögodei

The Mongols were completely unaware of the fact that Ogedei died by the time they were withdrawing.

How deep did the particular warlord in charge of Mongol forces when Hungary was invaded plan on going if he had a plan at all? Some treat it as a grand invasion of Europe but I'm not really sure what the Mongols were thinking. The forces they brought seem rather meager and limited compared to their invasion of the Middle East.

Normies never heard about Ogedei.

If they even heard of the Mongols all they know is that Genghis Khan conquered Eurasia and then he died and it all fell apart.

>we study history so we don't repeat the mistakes of the past

Makes me cringe every time.

I’m pretty sure that the Mongols had clear ambitions to conquer Europe. Especially during their second invasion.

They would have come back had he not died, idiot. They planned to make Hungary the seat of power for a new European khanate.

Why do we study history then?

Is this entirely false ?

I don't know about other people, but I read it because I like a good story with exciting events and fascinating characters. I don't subject myself to stern moral lessons for leisure.

>I like a good story with exciting events and fascinating characters

You know, what. I liked the other reason more.

Fuck you faggot ass shitskin

Well they did came back 40 years later and got their asses kicked.

Turks are nomads too dipstick. And Hungary got assraped by them.

Well we aren’t talking about Turkroaches, we’re talking about the Mongols. You’re turning this into a ridiculous dick measuring contest.

the saying is meant to convey why history is important, not why you should study it day-to-day
it is interesting and that's ultimately why people usually get into it, but fiction is also interesting and you don't see people calling critics or editors important

One of my normie friends didn't know who Genghis Khan was until a year ago. I doubt that normies would ever say that.

No. They barely know who Genghis Khan is. I told someone jokingly he was a Russian and they believed me.

Those were just skirmish missions tbqh.

Lmao, Batu Khan and Nogai Khan had clear ambitions to conquer Europe. They would of launched the invasion much sooner if the Hungarians monarchs decided to cooperate with them like they hoped.

>would of

grug don't like grug meme
grug angry
grug smash!

The USSR or the USA single handedly won WW2