>Wrists mobility

Foundation Handstand One

>Bicep Tendon Prep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

>Overcoming gravity (v1)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

>FAQ

>is my routine good?
if it has no progression, you are just doing cardio and maintaining

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zAPz-oPSSLw?t=122
instagram.com/p/BSpcXHbFA5T/
instagram.com/p/BKim6iKjjjM/
startbodyweight.com/p/start-bodyweight-basic-routine.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zVlF6U0eZEw
youtube.com/watch?v=kzohU7hbN9I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Left side is the exercise, right side is the mobility for that exercise, you do mobility after each set

FSAS - Fundamental Straight Arm Strength
FBAS - Fundamental Bent Arm Strength
FLS - Fundamental Leg Strength

the numbers like 5x60s means mastery for the movement, in this case you look at 60s/60rep template and follow that progression, once you hit mastery (can do 5x60s) you move to the next level

for negative movements, 5x5x10s means you descend for 10s each rep

>SL
SL progression seems to be different from PDF's

Foundation gives 3 routines:
>AxBxAxx
>ABxABxx
>ABABAxx
A: FL, sPL, HBP, RC
B: MN, SL, SLS

How's everyones weekend been? Ready for new week?

thread as dead on monday as usual

Disgusting. defo no
Veeky Forums is too fast and slow threads get buried fast.
Q: Doing tuck planche push-up negatives is better than doing a just the isometric, right? Motion, etc., according to overcoming gravity. But I do 1-2 barely.

My left shoulder just gives up, I feel it. Unless my floor is unever.

>tuck planche push ups
so you can do planche already?

I used to be able to hold the plank for 1.5 min, but instead of improving it got worse. Now I cant handle 20 seconds. What gives?

n-no..
But the overc.gr. recommends them as supplemental work along with straight arm press to help out the planche progression. I've been on a tuck planche for seemingly long. I wanted to at least spread my legs out a little.

well, I'm following Foundation and pseudo planche push ups are in HBP progression, that shit fucking reks my shoulders, it's give as 10rep mastery, meaning you do 3x2 first week, so maybe try 10rep template progression?

that's because you never progressed

soo where are you on planche progression ?

I can do pseudo planche and maltese push-ups in the way that my feet are on the ground or resting on sth of should height, but that's easy mode. Or I'm doing them wildly wrong. Support using only arms -> this kills the shoulder
Varies between tuck and adv. tuck planche. I'm doing some forearm exercises to help out the process since my left was killing me sometimes. Can't tell if it's helping yet.

seems to me like you are trying to kill your shoudlers while working your triceps, I hope you do those on separate days?

what's adv tuck planche? if you can do tuck planche, I guess you can do adv. frog stand for 5x30s?

Adv froggo stand I did over 6 months ago.
The advanced tuck PL is pic related.
I tend to do Ax-type workouts, ordering exercises according to priority, so sometimes some suffer because they're in the back end.

Dividing into ABx may be possible if it really does overwork some muscles.

Hey, Karen.
Will learning front and back levers on rings translate to bar completely? My pull up bar is wall mounted so no room for lever action.

yea adv frog stance in foundation is the same in everything but the back is rounded, how can you progression vary? you are either in point A or point B, you can't keep going between the two, unless you have issues elsewhere
if you do Ax then you need to do isolations for certain muscle groups, which are hard with BW only, planche is deltoids>forearms>triceps so if you work on your triceps and do shit that involves deltoids, you are not going to progress for your planche

not Karen, I heard she sudokued last night
ring levers are harder, imho as your hand rotation is different from the bar, unless you are using single bar

Nah, I know a Karen when I see one. Good to know. Thanks for the advice man I'll come back later to keep the thread going.

Posted this in QTDDTOT but maybe worth posting here, since 75% of my routine is BW:
I'll have to start putting in a few extra hours at work every day. My workout is currently 40-60 every other day depending on what parts I'm working on. Would it be possible to get away with doing 15 mins every day, and only one exercise? For example, Monday bicep curls, Tuesday pushups, Wednesday rows, Thursday dips, and so on? Can I expect decent gainz™ that way?

no that's shit, even if you do highest volume 5x15r, realistically you can do that in less than 10mins so you could potentially cram 2 movements in 20mins, if you can't spare 20mins on the evening...

I was thinking more 7/8 sets of 10-12. But thanks for advice, I'll try to stick with my current program as much as possible.

Foundation one Hinge Row Question here:

How is this supposed to work? It says start with butt and shoulders off the floor (check) and then hinge into a sit position as you pull hands to shoulders.

So, the butt stays off the floor the whole time? This seems to me to be way harder than RC/PE2 which is the incline row (body straight)

What gives?

are you looking at pdf? level 1 you don't use biceps to lift your lower body, only upper body so on biceps it's easier than level 2, which is moving your whole body with biceps while at an incline
I never did RC as I am doing rows with BB instead

the only reasons to go that high in reps is if you train for something very specific, but then you should have a coach tell you what exactly to do

if you absolutely have no time, do lower volume with no rest, like 5x5r with 10-30s rest and always pair exercises for opposing muscle groups, like rows with push ups or dips with pull ups

Why can't you hold it? Pain or does some part of your body get tired?
Make sure you have proper form
>Shoulders protracted
>posterior pelvic tilt
>Wrists below elbows below shoulders (some people put them out a bit forward than that. you need to video tape yourself to mace sure.)

Thanks lad.

Maybe you could do some exercises at work. I've seen some japs on discovery channel working in some company and in the building there is a place for sleeping, recreation and workout. So if they can do it, maybe you can too.

not to derail the thread, but that place is meant so workers work and sleep in the same building, they even have shops there so the japs are kept in the same building pretty much 24/7

>start earthing
>stop getting DOMS
>think because I'm not sore I'm good to workout every day
>almost accidentally enter into snapcity limits
>have to take 4 whole days off
Did you guys know that tendons itch while they are healing? because they do.

Today is the first day I can go back calisthenics though.

Does anyone have any experience, or know anyone with experience, working up to the majority of these skills as a very large person? I'm 6'5". I'm on my way down to my competition weight of 221 for my next bjj tournament. I've been considering transitioning into a more BW routine soon, working up to more of this than just pull-ups and dips. How much slower is progress? What exercises are particularly difficult for a much taller person?

Hey I am currently at RC3 5x10r( almost RC4). I was like you. Watched 10 different videos on proper form of the hinge row, and every time I got to it at the end of the workout It felt unnatural. So I tried 3 times, 3 different days to do them (couldn't do a single one) and on the forth I skipped to RC2. Today I'll do my shit and I'll try to do a Hinge row. I'll tell you if I can. It's the only exercise that I ever skipped and I am glad I did.

>hurt tendons
>4days they recovered
no

and no they don't, because I fucked up my tendons before

imperial is trash tier, I'm 192cm and I'm T-rex, so balancing is hard, sitting at 87kg currently
it's only difficult if you start with high BF, if you already have muscle, your height is not an issue, your proportions are, as for weight, it's gonna be hard on joints, so take good care fo them

Levers, planche pretty much everything man. You will probably progress a fair bit slower than usual but it'll make it all the more rewarding when you finally reach those goals. Just go for it my man.

You're such a shit. Every thread you shit up. Please become a trip so I can filter you.

>>hurt tendons
>4days they recovered
>no

How hurt were my tendons, OP? Tell me what really happened with my body.

>and no they don't, because I fucked up my tendons before

Oh, I guess i must have imagined it then. Thanks for correcting the record.

I would gladly take a few inches from you.
t.5'9

6'3 and started getting serious when I was about 290lbs.
It's going to be pretty tough and take twice as long for you to progress compared to average height men.
BUT the trade off for that patience is good joint ligament strength and integrity and a good base of strength.

I guess you tear your tendon just a 'little bit' and it will be good once you rub some spit on it
feel free to shitpost in other threads

>Tfw can't do anything planche related because hurts wrist like fuck

Describe pain. In which part of the wrist. I'll assume it hurts during pic related position, but tell us what you know. Btw are you doing wrist exercises?

have you done your wrist stretching? for actual planche you can have your fingers facing your toes, unless it's not a mobility issue but some illness like arthritis, then RIP

Take good care of your wrists. Long ago, when I played a shitton of guitar I couldn't do anything with my wrists in the opposite direction, because it hurt. Gradually you'll get there. Always do wrist prep, even after the sets, and start from frogger.

The pain is below my thumb, in the snuff box. I had a nasty fall months ago and no, it's not my scaphoid. I was in a splint for a month and I was told I had bone bruising and potentially ligament damage, but will get better with rehab. I can hold a push up position with a small amount of discomfort but you know the wrist position for psuedo planche push ups with hands facing to the side? That causes alot of pain. I havent attempted any planche stuff in ages because I fear getting snapped more but we'll see how rehab goes I guess.

that's tough, do they give you some kind of a prognosis? To know how long it will take to recover.

The PT said 2 weeks and I'd be mostly fine. It's been 4 and I have improved from not being able to do push ups at all to doing 15. But apart from that it's anyones guess. My goals since october were handstand and tuck planche, but it's not looking good.

Yeah THAT makes sense but the description (in the PDF) gives the impression that because you start with shoulders and glutes off the floor, you should maintain that throughout, rather than just using your biceps to lift the upper half, which would make a LOT more sense at level 1.

As it happens I think I can go straight onto level 2 with this one anyways.

but it has the picture RIGHT THERE ON THE LEFT OF TEXT with his legs always horizontal

Does Foundstion actually works? I feel like it's a meme. What do you actually accomplish?

???

Is there such a thing as a press up assistance exercise?

There seems to be loads of variations of pull ups and plenty of things that work your abs other than sit ups, but the only thing that seems to increase my push ups is more push ups.

I can do about 35 in one go at the moment but need to be doing more like 65. I do tricep push ups if that makes a difference.

Has anyone a torrent for Movement 1?

> only thing that seems to increase my push ups is more push ups.

do 60 rep progression from foundation

legit question user

Haven't been here in months,
so there's a structure like pic related (lol I don't know if it has a name so I had to draw it) in my local park,
I have no problem with the bar that is like stairs, been doing it with a tire in my legs but can't go up on the other one more than 6 times without getting my biceps totally tired and they start to hurt for a while, any tips for biceps other than chin ups? they are lacking since I left the gym and the doms are real

Close grip chins and ring curls.

i feel like you progress super slowly with it

You can try Chin Hang - hanging in the chin up position for 5x60s.

Even if you start every exercise from week 9?

Who here /noback/?
youtu.be/zAPz-oPSSLw?t=122
Other than pull-ups, or the four exercises paveleer shows, what else can you do?

That last one is ultra retarded, I swear. First of all, if you have a lot of friction, like I do, it's hell, then, I don't see how my back is doing anything. All I feels is tris and core.

dont die thread
post, answer questions, brag

Could someone advise me a good hypertrophy routine? I'm 5'11 and 130lbs. I was thinking on doing the one on /r/bodyweightfitness but I just wanted to know if there's a better one.

Handstand push up progress from september to now
instagram.com/p/BSpcXHbFA5T/
instagram.com/p/BKim6iKjjjM/

The top link is the recent one by the way

Ive always been skinnyfat, I want to cut down before doing a big bulk in the gym.
Would bodyweight help me not look like shit when I cut down? What kind it Routine should i do?

At your point anything will help you.

Yeah I know, looking pretty horrendous. I used to be more skelly but don't think I lifted well enough when I last tried to bulk, put on 15 kg tho

I meant that anything from basic pull ups to push ups will be stimulating enough for you..bodyweight would be a good start.

Holy shit hello me

I want to start a basic 5 day a week Routine of the same shit everyday.
I got told to do Diamond push ups, chin-ups and bodyweight squats.
What kind if rep ranges do I do? Also what are two other evercises I should add to it?

I fucking HATE doing pistol squats so I've decided to take the weighted squat pill.

Any idea how much weight (in proportion to my bodyweight) should I be squatting (on both legs) to give me roughly the same exercise as pistols?

startbodyweight.com/p/start-bodyweight-basic-routine.html

Is there a recommended bodyweight routine to accompany a weightlifting program?
I currently lift 6 days a week (PPL rest PPL) and run 5 days a week.
I've gotten very into mobility exercises and flexibility training (I'm currently trying to progress to doing full splits using a 6 week program)
I'd love to get into handstand push-ups and someday planche, but the idea of adding all that to my lifting routine seems like overdoing it.

If you are doing weighted squats just use as much weight as you can for working sets. What kind of a question is this?

I was looking to not fuck my shit up by doing more weight than my pistol experience had actually prepared me for.

>when

Oh you should probably start with the bar and get somewhere where you feel comfortable. I wouldnt go with the pistol squat estimation.

just do Foundation 5day routine

start with bar and add half a plate on each side, do 5 reps with each weight increase and see where you end up with

was doing week 10 on 15rep progression, not sure if curls are doing shit anymore, was so easy I was bored, maybe I'll increase weight on thursday a bit (22kg DB currently)

on unrelated note, got my first penta in lol last night while streaming, if only my deltoid was recovered this would be the best week this year

How many reps should I be doing to build strength/endurance in regards to push ups, squats, etc.

Right now I'm aiming at 60 push ups, squats, and crunches.

are you training for something specific?
>crunches
stop doing them

Is freeletics good for a beginner? Just got the app

what does it do

Morning, fellas. How's the start/end of your day?
I have a lovely left ass pain from stretching and compression yesterday.

mm ass doms
>n-no homo

No doms from yesterdays work out, gonna try planks again today, see how my shoulder feels, so far it's feeling alright.

What's wrong with your shoulder, Karen?

>Foundation gives 3 routines:
>>AxBxAxx
>>ABxABxx
>>ABABAxx
>A: FL, sPL, HBP, RC
>B: MN, SL, SLS

Can someone explain what
this means

>Can someone explain what
>this means

names of movements that are in the picture

grip gainz from tree branch pull ups?

Grip gains from hanging more from your fingers than using your whole palm, for example.

grade A post keep it up, posting gymnast means you know what you're talking about ;)

Can I get away with doing one-armed and pike PUs on the same day? The former use tris and the latter shoulders and ..lats?

pike still uses tris and one armed still uses deltoids

I'm just trying to get generally fit. I don't want to be huge I just want to have low fat and decent strength. I'm assuming that I should trade out crunches for planks or something like that?

if you don't care about skills like planche etc. work your way to pbar dips for triceps, close grip pull ups for biceps, wide grip pull ups for back, archer push ups for chest, hollow body rock for core, pistol squats for legs and do those 5x15r for three weeks, fourth week deload to 5x5
if you want to go beyond, add weight like backpack with weights

shit, the hollow body rock is 5x60r with 5x30 being deload

New to Veeky Forums; on a self-improvement kick. Is this a good routine for beginners?
youtube.com/watch?v=zVlF6U0eZEw

I don't have a pull-up bar (or any equipment for that matter), are bicep planks a good alternative? If not, what is? Money is pretty tight so I can't really get any equipment unless it's super cheap.

Thanks.

>beginner routine
>handstand kick ups
suuuuuure buddy
start with foundation, for biceps work if you don't have a pull up bar and have no equipment, gonna have to do something like in here
youtube.com/watch?v=kzohU7hbN9I

I'm pretty sure I could do the handstand kick ups, or at least something close. I'm not a complete fat fuck yet, currently taking preventative measures.

Thanks for the advice.

Is that /r/bodyweightfitness training app any good? I wanted to get fit for a while, but I always get so overwhelmed with information I spend the entire day looking through shit and not doing anything.
I really have no clue and there's just too much stuff to take in.
Can you recommend me a routine? I don't have any equipment nearby other than two 2kg dumbells, and a bar at the nearby stadium, but I can barely do 2 pullups.

Foundation is the one I recommend

I'm pretty sure it's a trash routine shilling video

Eww what the fuck are those things?